Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bearbert)
    I've just got my IELTS results. First step for Oxford(and then world domination) complete^_^

Who else has the results as international applicants?
    I will register to ielts if I get an offer, does it carry any weight in application?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucilou101)
    Pretty important for Maths, the decision to be invited to interview is based upon your GCSEs and MAT score. And then the decision on an offer is based on mainly the interview, but the other elements are looked at as well still
    What about for Experimental Psychology? :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ylmdk)
    I will register to ielts if I get an offer, does it carry any weight in application?

Don't know. I think not, but I wanted to be sure(plus less work after that)

ReputationRep:
    I registered for my aptitude test the other day (ELAT) and didn't realise you had to put down a certain college so I put down one randomly - now that I've finished my personal statement etc I've looked more in depth at the colleges and relised actually i want to apply for a different one...can I put a different college on my UCAS form than what I put on my ELAT sign up form?

ReputationRep:
    Does the Norrington Table ranking matter? I was speaking to a friend about applying to Oxford and he said that I shouldn't apply to Lady Margaret Hall as it was crap because it is generally in the bottom half of the Norrington table. I thought he was being ridiculous but I heard the same from another friend so now I'm unsure.. :/
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thechemistress)
    Does the Norrington Table ranking matter? I was speaking to a friend about applying to Oxford and he said that I shouldn't apply to Lady Margaret Hall as it was crap because it is generally in the bottom half of the Norrington table. I thought he was being ridiculous but I heard the same from another friend so now I'm unsure.. :/
    No, it doesn't matter in the slightest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plagioclase)
    No, it doesn't matter in the slightest.
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what the HAT threshold for interview was last year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mattgreen986)
    Does anyone know what the HAT threshold for interview was last year?
    "In the open day, the admissions tutor told us that the average mark is usually around 50 on the HAT and that less than 20 people get more than 70 on the test. He said what is important is to be on the top 70% in comparison to other candidates"

Not exactly a threshold but this is the best I could find.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SCalver)
    "In the open day, the admissions tutor told us that the average mark is usually around 50 on the HAT and that less than 20 people get more than 70 on the test. He said what is important is to be on the top 70% in comparison to other candidates"

Not exactly a threshold but this is the best I could find.
    Thanks, are you applying to study history at Oxford?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mattgreen986)
    Thanks, are you applying to study history at Oxford?
    Mathematics at Oxford

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SCalver)
    Mathematics at Oxford
    Good luck!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eddso)
    I registered for my aptitude test the other day (ELAT) and didn't realise you had to put down a certain college so I put down one randomly - now that I've finished my personal statement etc I've looked more in depth at the colleges and relised actually i want to apply for a different one...can I put a different college on my UCAS form than what I put on my ELAT sign up form?
    Hey!Same thing happened to me I did not fill the college section when I was applying to BMAT but today I found an email from my test centre in which were listed my details and there was also the college choice (Balliol) even if I didn't filled anything.Anyway, I think is just for an informative purpose so nothing to worry about.Correct me if I'm wrong

ReputationRep:
    GCSE grades: 10A*s
    AS grades: 4As (bio, maths, chem and french)
    A2 predictions: 4A*s
    Course: Medicine
    College: Probably Oriel

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OxSarah)
    Hey!Same thing happened to me I did not fill the college section when I was applying to BMAT but today I found an email from my test centre in which were listed my details and there was also the college choice (Balliol) even if I didn't filled anything.Anyway, I think is just for an informative purpose so nothing to worry about.Correct me if I'm wrong
    My exams officer said it wasn't setting stone when I put that down so hopefully she's right - I guess they just need to have a college to send it to so that someone can mark it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gerald DGrilla)
    Do you mind if I ask which college it is that you both like?

I am applying to Merton for Classics 1A.

Worcester! The ground are beautiful and there's a lake!
    I'm applying for Classics 2 - I've never done Latin or Greek. Good luck with your application!

ReputationRep:
    I have got 8,6/10 so 86% average in my 11th year. I'm now in year 12 (just started) and I'll have my exam in year 13. Would you say that 90-93% average is competitive for Medicine?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if many people get accepted by Oxford to study medicine with a third non-science A Level (basically not Maths or Physics)? I'd just be interested to know if it's a common occurrence or a rarity. I love Oxford and the Medicine course. Therefore, even though I'm not doing three sciences at A Level, I'll definitely be applying! It's just choosing the college and working out if there are any that actually do give preference to those with three science subjects.

Thank you in advance to anyone who can help

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emem2011)
    Does anyone know if many people get accepted by Oxford to study medicine with a third non-science A Level (basically not Maths or Physics)? I'd just be interested to know if it's a common occurrence or a rarity. I love Oxford and the Medicine course. Therefore, even though I'm not doing three sciences at A Level, I'll definitely be applying! It's just choosing the college and working out if there are any that actually do give preference to those with three science subjects.

Thank you in advance to anyone who can help

Posted from TSR Mobile
    http://www.medsci.ox.ac.uk/study/med...cal/statistics
    If you scroll to the bottom you'll see some stats about A-Level subjects :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rvas)
    http://www.medsci.ox.ac.uk/study/med...cal/statistics
    If you scroll to the bottom you'll see some stats about A-Level subjects :-)
    Hi
    Thanks very much for your help! I really appreciate it

Something I noticed was that only 10% of applicants had two sciences and one non-science subject... does anyone know why this is? Is it just the typical stereotype that you must have physics or maths? If only 7% of people who got accepted had only two science A Levels then that worries me slightly haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.