Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anyap)
    It was more technical than I expected
    How so? What is an example of a technical question?

ReputationRep:
    anyone received an offer from CS yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cutmeloose)
    Not much, how are your spring week apps?

at MS for the summer.
    they are kinds going ok, will pm

waheyy very nice, research?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cutmeloose)
    Interviewed for GIR last year and most people who got offers seemed to have pretty hot credentials (seemed to be a recurring theme that most were 2nd years on a 4 year course) I think there were about <15 in GIR and guessing around <40 in IBD?

As mentioned before, IBD headcount is far higher, but you're probably more likely to convert to summer in GIR.
    Hey, thanks for the info - just wondering, how many of them hold econ/finance degrees?

I don't want to be auto-rejected as I am doing physics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IB Fanboy)
    Hey, thanks for the info - just wondering, how many of them hold econ/finance degrees?

I don't want to be auto-rejected as I am doing physics.
    Banks are very big on diversity nowadays.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mralpha)
    anyone received an offer from CS yet?
    They are handing out their first offers next week

ReputationRep:
    How does the process work for accepting spring week offers? I have one from CS but it's not my preferred department. Does accepting now mean I won't be able to take any other offers or am I able to wait? Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by masseffect)
    How does the process work for accepting spring week offers? I have one from CS but it's not my preferred department. Does accepting now mean I won't be able to take any other offers or am I able to wait? Thanks.
    Depends on whether it's exploding (time limit). You could accept and reneg if you are given a better gig but that's generally deemed as very deceptive. So be sure you will take up this offer, if you accept to keep all parties happy.

ReputationRep:
    If you scored within the top 1 % in both the numerical and the logical (think I got them all right) at RBS, are you almost sure to get a telephone interview? (given you study at a good engineering and/or business school)

I.e, how much does the tests really matter?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by masseffect)
    Nice, I'm waiting on them for this week after my interview, when did you have yours?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovelondonlife)
    just got invitation from HSBC for numerical test. If I pass that, do I still need to go through tel interview? I saw some posts that they only chose dates of availability.. :O
    well done!!! all the best! can I just ask when did you submit your application for HSBC? thanks!

ReputationRep:
    just got an email saying I've passed HSBC numerical and they're gonna review my application again. does this basically mean I've got a tel itw? i doubt they'd reject anyone post successful numerical but pre interview if ygm

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who submitted Nomura app on November heard back yet?

ReputationRep:
    I think they've only replied to the womens programme.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tcoburn)
    just got an email saying I've passed HSBC numerical and they're gonna review my application again. does this basically mean I've got a tel itw? i doubt they'd reject anyone post successful numerical but pre interview if ygm
    I reckon they would benchmark applicants and probably put through those in the highest percentiles.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone had a Citi interview yet? If yes, how did it go?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonynous)
    I think they've only replied to the womens programme.
    Thx again - wondering if I should make a call.

ReputationRep:
    I have a friend who had an interview on Friday...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bloxorus)
    I have a friend who had an interview on Friday...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do you know when did he/she submitted the app?

ReputationRep:
    Do you know when did he/she submitted the app?
    My application is still under screening too. Submitted it early November time still not heard back anything

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.