44.25%
    700-749
    23.45%
    750-799
    5.31%
    > 800
    8.41%

ReputationRep:
    I got AAAB in my AS results and averaged 88% overall through the four subjects. I got my B in biology but was two ums off an A - sending it off for a remark.

What sort of UKCAT score do I need to get if I get predicted 4 A*s next year? Thanks

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by puneet981)
    track has updated but i havent recieved the freshers pack or heard about accommodation and im getting quite worried now...
    I haven't heard of anyone having received the freshers pack yet.
    And there don't seem to be any medics who have been allocated accommodation.
    Hopefully we'll get something this week...don't worry!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tealover96)
    I haven't heard of anyone having received the freshers pack yet.
    And there don't seem to be any medics who have been allocated accommodation.
    Hopefully we'll get something this week...don't worry!
    I've accepted an offer of accommodation and paid my deposit up. Has everyone submitted all their forms? I scanned all mine over this morning then got an offer 2 hours later.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Synergy86)
    I've accepted an offer of accommodation and paid my deposit up. Has everyone submitted all their forms? I scanned all mine over this morning then got an offer 2 hours later.
    Which forms?

ReputationRep:
    ahh really...how much was the deposit and when did you apply for accomodation?
    And yeahh I never got this forms email :/
    Thought it was because all the forms were already checked at the interview

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phoebe♥)
    Which forms?
    Special Needs adjustments declaration, the health form, the vaccination form, the medical records access form, GP signed occupational health form and your DBS check (I'm still waiting on the last 2 to come back)

ReputationRep:
    ahh really...how much was the deposit and when did you apply for accomodation?
    And yeahh I never got this forms email :/
    Thought it was because all the forms were already checked at the interview
    £450 deposit - your contract won't be confirmed without paying it. I applied last Friday.

They sent out an email when you accept an offer (verbally) with a list of all the things you need done before enrolment

ReputationRep:
    £450 deposit - your contract won't be confirmed without paying it. I applied last Friday.

They sent out an email when you accept an offer (verbally) with a list of all the things you need done before enrolment
    Omg I honestly didn't know that we had to verbally confirm the offer?!
    Track said that no further action had to be taken and the uni will be in contact. I did get the confimation email though. I sent all those forms a while back, people who had forms missing got emails so I assumed it was all okay.
    I guess I'll ring them tomorrow. Thanks for the info

ReputationRep:
    Omg I honestly didn't know that we had to verbally confirm the offer?!
    Track said that no further action had to be taken and the uni will be in contact. I did get the confimation email though. I sent all those forms a while back, people who had forms missing got emails so I assumed it was all okay.
    I guess I'll ring them tomorrow. Thanks for the info
    Mine might have been slightly different because I am a graduate already and only got the offer last Friday? They gave me 17 days to get EVERYTHING sorted in time for September, so perhaps I got priority in halls, I don't know.

Either way, I doubt it'll be long before you guys get confirmations I start on the 1st, I think you all have a little more time

ReputationRep:
    Guys can someone link me to the Facebook group for medicine offer holders? I can only find the general freshers page

ReputationRep:
    Mine might have been slightly different because I am a graduate already and only got the offer last Friday? They gave me 17 days to get EVERYTHING sorted in time for September, so perhaps I got priority in halls, I don't know.

Either way, I doubt it'll be long before you guys get confirmations I start on the 1st, I think you all have a little more time
    Ohhh right that's reassuring! We start on the 19th so makes sense that you got it earlier
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else curl up into a ball and cry after seeing how many pages of OH forms there were?

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I'm going to be applying this year, for 2016 entry.

I was wondering- since you are asked to provide references to bring to the interview, do these references have any effect on whether you get an offer?

i.e. If my interview went really well, but I only had a few references that show I did some barebone volunteering, could an offer be withdrawn?

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hi-zen-berg;[url="tel:58683257")
    58683257[/url]]Hi guys, I'm going to be applying this year, for 2016 entry.

I was wondering- since you are asked to provide references to bring to the interview, do these references have any effect on whether you get an offer?

i.e. If my interview went really well, but I only had a few references that show I did some barebone volunteering, could an offer be withdrawn?

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No - The references they ask for are very brief. my references were three lines long confirming the dates I was there. Eg

"X volunteered at the disability school an hour a week for three months. During this time X played sport with children and helped the teachers during class"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by X_s)
    No - The references they ask for are very brief. my references were three lines long confirming the dates I was there. Eg

"X volunteered at the disability school an hour a week for three months. During this time X played sport with children and helped the teachers during class"
    Thanks thats great! Do you have any or he best documents/tips/info that would help me applying to SGUL?

Cheers

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hi-zen-berg;[url="tel:58704877")
    58704877[/url]]Thanks thats great! Do you have any or he best documents/tips/info that would help me applying to SGUL?

Cheers

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If you meet the UKCAT cutoff and have enough GCSE points then you will be guaranteed an interview according to their website.

After that it's your interview that will decide whether or not you'll get an offer

Since they use MMI interviews my advice would be to have an idea of what you'd say for a wide range of questions from the obvious why medicine to roleplay to scenarios to recent medical news

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by X_s)
    If you meet the UKCAT cutoff and have enough GCSE points then you will be guaranteed an interview according to their website.

After that it's your interview that will decide whether or not you'll get an offer

Since they use MMI interviews my advice would be to have an idea of what you'd say for a wide range of questions from the obvious why medicine to roleplay to scenarios to recent medical news
    Since I'm an international applicant, I don't know much about what's in news ATM. What do you suggest I do to keep myself up to date with this?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tanishqa;[url="tel:58706297")
    58706297[/url]]Since I'm an international applicant, I don't know much about what's in news ATM. What do you suggest I do to keep myself up to date with this?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You can look at BBC health and the guardian newspapers health section to keep up to date about medical issues in the UK specifically.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by X_s)
    Guys can someone link me to the Facebook group for medicine offer holders? I can only find the general freshers page
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1615724618658011/

ReputationRep:
    Do we need to buy freshers tickets beforehand or is it on the door?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.