Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meaty_man)
    I thought i was the only one still awake :ninja: Sorry to hear about the uni thing btw bud :console: Have you considered Open University? The one where u can do it online, if im thinking of the right thing. Especially since it sounds like one of the biggest worries sounds like the "forced" social interaction with people.

I love playing tennis, not one for watching it though Don't really watch much of anything nowadays.
    Haha, nope latenight crew here!

It's alright, I think I can sort it out. Feeling a little more optimistic than earlier. I should be fine with social interaction but at the end of the day I need MY space, which is safe and secure from banging and screaming etc [ptsd type stuff] Plus what if I want a girl over for dinner, or to walk around my flat naked in the summer. Can't do all that in halls!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    I thought i was the only one still awake :ninja:
    Well I had to get up for work. Just hurrying around. New job starts today. Haven't gotten up to go anywhere for a couple months.
    (Original post by samba)
    It's alright, I think I can sort it out. Feeling a little more optimistic than earlier. I should be fine with social interaction but at the end of the day I need MY space, which is safe and secure from banging and screaming etc [ptsd type stuff] Plus what if I want a girl over for dinner, or to walk around my flat naked in the summer. Can't do all that in halls!
    What's happened? :hugs:
    Did you not get in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keromedic)
    Well I had to get up for work. Just hurrying around. New job starts today. Haven't gotten up to go anywhere for a couple months.

Did you not get in?
    Read up, few pages ago lol :p:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by samba)

Okay.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by samba)
    Oh wow, I see.

Are the apartments there too expensive to lease one for a year? Couldn't you go to a few flatshare viewings and see what it's like?

Not all of them are going to be party throwing, messy students. Some will be 20 y.o. young professionals who're tidy and organized.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samba)
    Haha, nope latenight crew here!

I can totally understand the whole needing space thing, even if i don't have ptsd stuffs I get really edgy when i don't have enough alone time, too much social stuff exhausts me, and if it doesn't stop i end up getting panic attacks sooner or later.

Like kero says, there are people that respect your space who also want to learn Not everyone is a loud, outgoing party animal, even if it seems so sometimes

(Original post by keromedic)

Did you not get in?
    Good luck with the new job, hope your work colleagues are nice and friendly If all goes well i might join the ranks of the employed soon :0
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by PandaWho)
    yeah, im pretty sure, as long as its a qualified leader that is happy to be your mentor then you can do it with them, all they do is sign off what you have done when you have evidence youv done it.
    it can even be a family member if you have one in guiding.
    my mum was my mentor because she was the only qualified leader in my unit, and that was fine.

also your mentor doesnt have to sign EVERYTHING off, i have other peoples signitures in my book, like other leaders, division comisioners and such.
    ask if you can with the unit leader, if not ask your old leader
    That's good, thanks! Not got a family member in guiding but I'll ask my leader or if not then I'll ask the other leader or the brownie one as I'm sure they'd do it! Come to think of it I signed/wrote a bit in my friend's book last year although it might have been queen's guide or something instead as she was doing several things at once.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purple-duck)
    :woo: Cinema is the best :yep: Decided I want to try and find some sort of work in one, for holidays - though I'm not sure how likely that is/it's not the most seasonal job ever Hope the interview goes well

Do you know when you might hear back from previous employer? Hope you're doing well this evening :hugs:
    I think the interview went well. They said i'd hear back by friday . It's part-time so it's perfect! Also the london council said they're trying to get the budget for me to work on a 3 month temp ongoing contract. They were paying me £20 ph full time so if i get that again i'd be super happy. It'd greatly compliment the cinema job. I could potentially be working 7 days a week! 4 days in the office and 3 shifts at the cinema a week :woo:

Longer term i've still not decided to do guys but i've managed to get my trainee train driver application reinstated and i've also been looking into trainee wind turbine technician jobs and also jobs to do with high ropes be that cleaning windows or working offshore as an oil rig inspector. I'm keeping an open mind about applying for accountancy training contracts and other grad positions for sep 2015 start, but if I get these two jobs at least i'll be secure for the next year!

Oh a friend is visiting me from amsterdam. Last night we went to eat at an awesome vegan/veggie place in london called tibits. You guys should try it when you're down some day. I'm taking him rock climbing today too Should be a good day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samba)
    I hate putting myself out there to be kind and helpful and being ignored for it Makes me feel so vulnerable, needy, and paranoid when I really have no reason to do so.
    :hugs: hope you're ok. If you need someone to talk to then I'm still here regardless.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rock_climber86)
    arghhhh that sounds awful! I hope you heal fast Fingers crossed for you
    Thank you very much! Just waiting to finally have the scan now ^^

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SassQueen13)
    Thank you very much! Just waiting to finally have the scan now ^^

Posted from TSR Mobile
    took you long enough to reply to that post! I posted it weeks ago! How're you anyhow?

ReputationRep:
    took you long enough to reply to that post! I posted it weeks ago! How're you anyhow?
    I've been using the app and it doesn't notify you when you get quotes, sorry I'm okay, much better, just enjoying what's left of my summer How bout you? How's everything going?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've been using the app and it doesn't notify you when you get quotes, sorry I'm okay, much better, just enjoying what's left of my summer How bout you? How's everything going?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    ive been very up and down but currently am on an up so just enjoying it wholst it lasts!!!! Might go slack lining with a friend later

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    ive been very up and down but currently am on an up so just enjoying it wholst it lasts!!!! Might go slack lining with a friend later

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh I see I'm glad to hear you're on an up rn, hope it lasts long

What is slack lining? :curious:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So I've decided to be more open, and I've told a few friends and even my mum about my bouts of depression.

ReputationRep:
    Oh I see I'm glad to hear you're on an up rn, hope it lasts long

What is slack lining? :curious:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    youtube it It's a bit like tight rope walking except it's on a line that is slack and moves a lot!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Good luck with the new job, hope your work colleagues are nice and friendly If all goes well i might join the ranks of the employed soon :0
    Thanks .
    Well I'm shadowing. So observing mainly. I won't really have any colleagues as I'll be going out on calls. I'll work with people if I have 2-man/woman jobs but they aren't too common.

It's just long. But rewarding, I suppose. I haven't really had the chance to really think.
    Very nice . GOod luck!

ReputationRep:
    youtube it It's a bit like tight rope walking except it's on a line that is slack and moves a lot!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Will do once I'm back home

That sounds difficult...you are quite the dare devil

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScaryScience)
    :bawling:
    :hugs: what's wrong hun?

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 25, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.