Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    For the sig increase kidney Q I carent rememeber which 1 but was the biggest signficant increase the bottom 1? And did people get a % of 88.3??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamza3256)
    What cells make red blood cell and the location.
    I wrote kupffer cells; location: liver[/QUOTE]

Kupffer cells break down erythrocytes, not make them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by annnnnnnn)
    I'm similar! I don't need it but I want it! Feel like I can do it after 100% GCSE and 93% AS too! Obv A2 is a lot harder but still I'm gonna try thank you!
    I mucked up last year in my practicals too and it gave me a B in the end, but i resat them to get an A and thats sorted, well done though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrchemistry)
    That exam was so easy! Ocr please make exams harder so they're actually a challenge, and at least test on stuff which we won't know about lol!

Said no one ever.

After that I've waved goodbye to any hopes and dreams I had of a medical career.

Ps: anyone who is a genius, don't make an unofficial markscheme. It will kill me even more.
    Looool stop overreacting you'll be fine just hope for the best

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nilaj)
    well the fluid reaches equilibrium with the body as there is no counter current system, so i think its because not all of the toxic chemicals are removed, in haemo they are all filtered out but in peri it has to be done repeatedly as concentrations decrease steadily. Its basically far less efficient and they lied, its being phased out as they think it might be dangerous!
    yaaaaaaaas i wrote that :')

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Follett)
    Anyone know why peritoneal has to be done 4 times a day and haemodilaysis 3 a week?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Maybe so toxic products don't build up inside the body?? IDK. I said that a build up of urea makes people feel sick and vomit. I don't know...

ReputationRep:
    For the insulin continuing to be secreted, I stated that it takes time for the insulin to reduce the glucose concentration, so the mechanism would carry on until the insulin begins to lower the blood glucose concentration.

Anyone else say this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Follett)
    That's exactly what I put because I remember a past paper question where it spoke about b/T lymphocytes requiring atp

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I put that because the body was sweating, the body temperature decreases and so the brain starts the body shivering to increase the temperature. Which is why you constantly feel hot and cold when you have a fever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nellie97)
    i put standard deviation but don't think what i put was right some of my friends said range???? horrible question though
    At least you put something smart I put box plot..........yes go on laugh.........

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Why is that everyone is getting 93 or somewhere in the 90s ? I got something like 107 I think it was? But it was definitely 3 digits... I did the same procedure with the others and got the answers that were on the grid :/ I hope I got it right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ojstratton)
    For the question on why dextrose is added to the dialysis fluid, was the answer to reduce its water potential so that its isotonic with the blood and prevent haemolysis?
    I thought it might be about reducing sugar loss from the surrounding tissue preventing hypoglycemia as the sugar solution is closer to blood/tissue fluid water potential.... but a quick search brought this up

"Peritoneal dialysis solution contains dextrose (or another sugar), as well as salt and minerals dissolved in water. The dextrose pulls wastes and fluids into the dialysis solution. The solution comes in concentrations of 1.5%, 2.5% and 4.25% dextrose. Higher amounts pull away more waste, which offers immediate and long-term benefits. But over time, the body absorbs dextrose -- and that causes dialysis to become less effective."

http://www.sharecare.com/health/geni...lysis-solution

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deeferdog)
    anyone else find that ridiculous and felt it just took the ****? needed an A in that paper to stand a chance of getting into my firm and I know for a fact I haven't got it. feel really upset that there didn't seem to be much biology in it in my opinion! all those great past papers and then there's that piece of ****
    Totally agree, hated this! hope unit 2 is nicer.

ReputationRep:
    whats this pathogen question, i dont remember this, can someone plz try and remind what it was?? im scared i missed it or something

ReputationRep:
    Did u guys put a higher percentage of males started RTT or whatever it was? Then used figures to get the 2nd mark

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kewla1)
    Anyone know why peritoneal has to be done 4 times a day and haemodilaysis 3 a week?

I said how peritoneal fluid thing has to be taken out after 4-6 hours? is this right
    Apparently it had something to do with the fact that the peritoneal fluid doesn't maintain a concentration gradient as it is stationary (unlike the dialysis fluid) so to prevent the waste substances diffusing back in it has to be taken out?

I didn't write that myself (I got it very wrong) but I've heard it has something to do with that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jesspecially4u)
    Yeah, I keep telling myself it was only one mark.

I can't believe how little there was of the actual F214 content though. I was all prepared to be writing 6 markers on the loop of Henle and photophosphorylation!
    Nothing really on Calvin, light dependant, krebs, oxidative phosphorylation, link, liver, kidney, adrenaline, heart. So basically just missed out the whole course really! I think its a joke, they are playing with peoples lives and I did not dedicate myself to revising to be asked something that isn't even in A level Biology!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nellie97)
    i put standard deviation but don't think what i put was right some of my friends said range???? horrible question though
    Sounds about right actually! Couldn't remember from statistics in AS! I had no idea what to put... I mean they then compared gender on the next question hence why I put value both 😔

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YouAgain)
    Why is that everyone is getting 93 or somewhere in the 90s ? I got something like 107 I think it was? But it was definitely 3 digits... I did the same procedure with the others and got the answers that were on the grid :/ I hope I got it right
    Nope I'm sure it was 93

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zXx AJL xXz)
    I put that because the body was sweating, the body temperature decreases and so the brain starts the body shivering to increase the temperature. Which is why you constantly feel hot and cold when you have a fever.
    I said so that the potential difference in the cell can be retained but that's probably completely wrong!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TonySoprano96)
    whats this pathogen question, i dont remember this, can someone plz try and remind what it was?? im scared i missed it or something
    At the end, you sweat when you have a fever and why, then you shiver and why.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 3, 2016
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.