Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nigella32)
    Yay. Will look forward to seeing you there in September all being well!
    Have still got to pass my skills tests and send the forms back, DBS etc.
    Have you sorted out a ks3/foundation stage placement as yet for September?
    Can't wait to get started 😃
    I haven't yet, I'm already working in a school so will just come back here if I can't find another. Have you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blueberry muffin)
    Sort of not looking forward to it now lol. Really need to revise for the maths test. How did you find the phonics test? What sort of questions did they ask? I've been prepping answers to the ones on this link: http://www.ncl.ac.uk/careers/assets/..._questions.pdf
    The school I volunteered in had students from the ioe/ucl and they seemed to be surprised that I was nervous lol. One girl found the test difficult and didn't get to speak much in the group discussion because of people butting in but managed to get through... Also she said the presentation without any visual aids seemed to fly by which is the one thing I'm really nervous about. Thanks for advice, good luck to you in January!
    Do you have any other interviews?
    (Original post by carolineherts)
    The goldsmiths interview was hard going, all the normal interview questions we practiced didn't help lol 🙈, I actually came out of there and thought I had blown it ! the maths test was also hard going so revise , everyone thought the same. My interview was with one of the tutors and a headmaster from one of the schools their placements are sent to . Just be confident and don't be fazed 😊 good luck

I didn't put a third choice ! Have you spoken to anyone who has been to a UCL interview ?
    I'm doing a secondary pgce but I've had interviews at Goldsmiths and UCL too. I thought the Goldsmiths one was tough too and I thought I'd completely messed up but I got an offer! UCL was much easier, but perhaps that was because it wasn't my first interview?

Anyway, I've browsed this thread a bit but haven't posted yet and I'm applying for a secondary languages pgce and Goldsmiths, UCL and Bristol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Escape...)
    Is your interview for a Schools Direct Place at George Eliot School by any chance?
    No, it's at Warwick uni for a pgce. I have a school direct interview tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jimbles)
    Same as you! They don't expect us to know it all that's what the teacher training is there for! As long as you show a little understanding you'll be fine I was!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you, that's exactly what I thought

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by travelfiend)
    I'm doing a secondary pgce but I've had interviews at Goldsmiths and UCL too. I thought the Goldsmiths one was tough too and I thought I'd completely messed up but I got an offer! UCL was much easier, but perhaps that was because it wasn't my first interview?

Anyway, I've browsed this thread a bit but haven't posted yet and I'm applying for a secondary languages pgce and Goldsmiths, UCL and Bristol
    Aw congrats! How soon did Goldsmiths let you know of their offer?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone had an interview at Roehampton for a Primary PGCE? I have an interview Tuesday so any help would be appreciated!!

ReputationRep:
    Aw congrats! How soon did Goldsmiths let you know of their offer?
    Thanks! It took them about 3 weeks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by travelfiend)
    Thanks! It took them about 3 weeks
    Wow that's ages. I guess it really varies!

ReputationRep:
    Wow that's ages. I guess it really varies!
    Yeah, some people hear very quickly. But mine probably took so long because they had lost (!) one of my tests and forgot to give me another one, it all worked out fine in the end though.

ReputationRep:
    Really bricking it for my interview tomorrow 🙈🙈

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    A conditional offer from UEL and I've accepted!! Now to get my skills tests out of the way

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by showen1)
    A conditional offer from UEL and I've accepted!! Now to get my skills tests out of the way
    Congrats that's great news 😊

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=shannonbeth;61265297]Really bricking it for my interview tomorrow 🙈🙈

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck , I'm sure you will be fine just be yourself

ReputationRep:
    I've read on here and elsewhere that you shouldn't show a preference for any of the political parties at interviews.
    Just went through the ID documents I've had to take photocopies of ...
    ... and one of them is a bank statement, clearly showing my subscription to the Labour Party on it, near the top

I don't have any other way of proving my identity from the lists of documents provided.
    Do you think that it will only be administrators who will look at this stuff, so it won't matter? Maybe ... hopefully?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mpagtches)
    I've read on here and elsewhere that you shouldn't show a preference for any of the political parties at interviews.
    Just went through the ID documents I've had to take photocopies of ...
    ... and one of them is a bank statement, clearly showing my subscription to the Labour Party on it, near the top

I don't have any other way of proving my identity from the lists of documents provided.
    Do you think that it will only be administrators who will look at this stuff, so it won't matter? Maybe ... hopefully?
    Only the administrators looked at my documents. It might vary from uni to uni bur it seems the logical way to do things at most.

ReputationRep:
    Hey all,

I had my secondary PGCE interview at Cambridge on Thursday 10th dec and found out I'd got in Friday 11th! Over the moon. If any one has an interview, I'm happy to give advice. Anyone else been accepted on the art & design one?

Amy

ReputationRep:
    Got my cambridge interview on friday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happyamy93)
    Hey all,

I had my secondary PGCE interview at Cambridge on Thursday 10th dec and found out I'd got in Friday 11th! Over the moon. If any one has an interview, I'm happy to give advice. Anyone else been accepted on the art & design one?

Amy
    Oh wow that's brilliant so pleased for you , now you can sit back and enjoy Christmas !

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=carolineherts;61267967]
    (Original post by shannonbeth)
    Really bricking it for my interview tomorrow 🙈🙈

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck , I'm sure you will be fine just be yourself
    Thanks! It was much more laid back than I thought but there were people there with much better experience/qualifications. Although I thought it went quite well to be honest! I find out later today

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ok so... After my interview today I just had a call to say i was unsuccessful for the salaried route. I was so confused and immediately thought how stupid i am to have accidentally applied for salaried instead of unsalaried haha but I didn't want her to know I had made the mistake... Then I went to check UCAS, and that says it's the training route (not salaried). They said they would accept me without another interview if I applied to the training route through apply 2... but that means withdrawing from my other choices. I have an interview at Warwick on Thursday but UCAS are saying they have no vacancies. I don't know what to do
    Do I risk waiting to withdraw from the others and possibly lose my place with the SCITT and get rejected by Warwick? Or do it now, reject my interview at Warwick, and have my place safe? Arrghh

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.