Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I wrote HNO2 or NaNO2+HCl so basically that's contradiction great lost one more stupid mark ))

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoda123)
    @ChemistryALevel on twitter says grade boundary prediction is 50 :/
    I really hope that it isnt that high coz i made so many stupid mistakes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by four4)
    I really hope that it isnt that high coz i made so many stupid mistakes.
    me too, i honestly feel like **** right now

ReputationRep:
    me too, i honestly feel like **** right now
    same :/ I worked so hard and all that came up were bloody structure drawing questions

ReputationRep:
    Did you HAVE to include the Cl- ion on the NH3+ group for the acid hydrolysis question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calcumm)
    Did you HAVE to include the Cl- ion on the NH3+ group for the acid hydrolysis question?
    the unofficial mark scheme says its optional

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calcumm)
    They didnt expect you to any other year so im guessing not

ReputationRep:
    Mistakes I made that I know of:

-called "Amide" functional group "Peptide" - 1 mark
    -calculated the Mr wrong on the yield question - 2 marks because I didn't write down the Mr I got
    -Conditions of forming amine from halide - 1 mark
    -Ester bonds probs not shown clearly enough - I wrote the molecule 100% skeletal - 1 mark
    -Chiral carbons on tripeptide

idk about anything else but I'm pretty sure I've made other stupid mistakes - I always do. After all, I finished with 25 mins to spare (the woman gave me a funny look like 'you finished already, ********?' and then I was just reading the incorrect answers I gave like 'you sure that's right' but alas, I'm sure I've done at least meh. Need a B ideally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guarddogbarney)
    They didnt expect you to any other year so im guessing not
    It's one of those things they'll change on the mark scheme depending on how people performed.
    Anyway...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NBegquhJRM

ReputationRep:
    Guys if you got compound F wrong the secondary alcohol being drawn a as pentan-2-ol instead and you use this principle for G and I, how many marks would I lose out of 7?? I got props pic acid correct, ECF?? Please reply

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reg1234567890)
    Guys if you got compound F wrong the secondary alcohol being drawn a as pentan-2-ol instead and you use this principle for G and I, how many marks would I lose out of 7?? I got props pic acid correct, ECF?? Please reply
    *propanoic acid

ReputationRep:
    Same, I dont think it's ECF though
    I made the same mistake
    It wasn't even a hard question which makes it even more frustrating

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomlam)

-calculated the Mr wrong on the yield question - 2 marks because I didn't write down the Mr I got
    -Ester bonds probs not shown clearly enough - I wrote the molecule 100% skeletal - 1 mark

idk about anything else but I'm pretty sure I've made other stupid mistakes - I always do. After all, I finished with 25 mins to spare (the woman gave me a funny look like 'you finished already, ********?' and then I was just reading the incorrect answers I gave like 'you sure that's right' but alas, I'm sure I've done at least meh. Need a B ideally.
    Peptide has been allowed in every mark scheme.

ReputationRep:
    Same, I dont think it's ECF though
    I made the same mistake
    It wasn't even a hard question which makes it even more frustrating
    I know we're not the only ones:/ so you think we've lost 4 marks?? I think it could be ECF I hope so because if not I have 47/60 don't think that'll be an A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reg1234567890)
    Made exactly the same mistake. Provided you got the carboxylic acid right, I think ECF would give 4-5/7

ReputationRep:
    Where can I find the unofficial mark scheme?

ReputationRep:
    You guys it won't be 50 for an A, more like 48 maximum it wasn't an easy paper looking at everyone's responses and you have to remember that more than 25000 people take this exam all of which don't comment on here😂

ReputationRep:
    Can someone send me the link to the unofficial mark scheme?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomlam)

-1 first qs
    -1 use of nylon
    -2 dissolve stitches
    -1 hydrolysis of peptides

haha no A* definitely now

ReputationRep:
    Who put up the unofficial mark scheme? Could you link it please?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.