Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

• View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pecora)
    I ask a lot of questions but... one more. I don't really like my insurance choice, so if I don't make it to my firm, can I enter Clearing without rejecting my insurance place?
    You can't apply through clearing while holding an offer and most universities will not speak to you about the chances of a place if you have a place elsewhere.

If you don't want to go to your insurance then you are best off contacting them ASAP (by phone) to explain that you wouldn't want to take up a place with them and to ask what they need from you to make sure that doesn't happen on results day.

If you wait until results day to decide/get in touch then you're unlikely to be in clearing until the Saturday/Sunday after results day. That's a significant delay before you can sort out a clearing place.

ReputationRep:
    Olympic gymnastics is the best

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    I love a good leg break or two.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    Better than the athletics?! Gosh. That leg break was nasty though ;/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SH0405)
    I love a good leg break or two.
    (Original post by Sacred Ground)
    Better than the athletics?! Gosh. That leg break was nasty though ;/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I didn't see a leg break

Spent my time giggling at how they all had the same hairstyle

ReputationRep:
    Wheres the guy with all the mark schemes?????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hopefulmedic15)
    I retook 5 modules in total (3 Chem - 2 AS&1 A2, 1 Bio and 1 Maths) because I wanted at least A*AA (currently have ABB due to extenuating circumstances), although I'm starting to hope for more, but we'll see how it goes!

Maths has always been my strongest subject tbh and I achieved a 91% average in C1-C3 with much less effort than i gave this year, so i felt that while i was resitting some other subjects i may as well give the A* in maths a shot! Thankfully I'm pretty pleased with my performance in C4 this year so i'm optimistic that I've accomplished my goal! hopefully you manage to still get the A* this year (you never know how the grade boundaries will go/ what method marks you'll get/ tbh its not fun doing alevel work during your gap year so I'm hoping you can avoid it at all costs :L)
    I've got through the mark schemes and model answers and I have got a high B in c3 and a high A* in c4 so it's gonna be like 6 marks off lol but I don't need an A* for uni but I'll retake c3 next year anyways just for my own sake

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    I'm fairly certain I failed Chem F335 but I still wanna do Chem at uni... what even is my brain? Who am I? :lol:

:cry:
    I'm in the same boat, doing chem at uni but flopped f334/5. Praying for a B. Boundaries should be low though hopefully

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PlayerBB)
    Thank you so much, means a lot!!! Wish you all the best as well

Posted from TSR Mobile
    PRSOM. Np! And Thanks.
    The anxiety of the gbs and the grades are ugly...seriously! :cry:

ReputationRep:
    Year:
    AS

Studying:
    Biology, Chemistry, English Lit and Lang, Sociology and Psychology

To which university are you hoping to go?
    ICL, UCL, Bath and Surrey

To study which subject?
    Chemistry or BioChemistry

What grades are required for your desired degree?
    A*A*A*/A*A*A/A*AA/AAA

What grades are you predicted?
    IDK

How did your exams go?
    ok, I guess...we will see on result day.

How are you feeling about results day?
    Scared shitless, don't want to fail. I really want to get into ICL/UCL.

Anything else to add?
    No matter what happens I will get where I want to go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marioman)
    If it was marked incorrectly then it would go up. Biology usually has a strict mark scheme and there is not much judgement involved (except from perhaps an essay-style question). This change is more targeted towards Arts subjects.
    You're right about it not affecting Biology, but it's certainly a killer for humanities/arts students. I know a Cambridge applicant who originally got a C grade in English Lit at AS. It changed to an A after a remark, a much more appropriate and accute mark.
    Humanities/arts students are already at a disadvantage to their STEM peers because their grades are already not guaranteed due an examiner's subjectivty. Now we don't stand a chance with remarks.

ReputationRep:
    do both your firm and insurance receive your result? idk how it works because say if both offers are the same and ask for AAA, will your insurance put you in the accept pile because you've met the grades even though you've technically met your firm's grades too. do they wait to hear your firm's verdict first, then make a decision accordingly or is it done differently?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hudamh)
    You're right about it not affecting Biology, but it's certainly a killer for humanities/arts students. I know a Cambridge applicant who originally got a C grade in English Lit at AS. It changed to an A after a remark, a much more appropriate and accute mark.
    Humanities/arts students are already at a disadvantage to their STEM peers because their grades are already not guaranteed due an examiner's subjectivty. Now we don't stand a chance with remarks.
    I AGREE! My whole future depends on my Eng Lit grade this year and to think that I might not be able to get a remark frightens the crap out of me. It is so unfair! They have already messed with the education system so much, can't they just leave well alone jfc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    I didn't see a leg break
    http://961kiss.iheart.com/onair/the-...-the-14983184/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andyj819)
    What are peoples grade boundaries for AQA MPC3? With all the petitions and complaining etc, I hope the B is around 40/75, then I should scrape an A overall
    B will not be 40/75, realistically more like 45/75.

ReputationRep:
    Year:
    AS

Studying:
    Biology, Geography, German (will do Chem AS next year)

To which university are you hoping to go?
    UEA, Swansea, Nottingham, Liverpool, Chester

To study which subject?
    Genetics

What grades are required for your desired degree?
    ABB/BBB

What grades are you predicted?
    like EDU lol kmn

How did your exams go?
    Really badly. The dream is grad medicine so RIP my dreams

How are you feeling about results day?
    Absolutely petrified. Never wanted to work hard for anything as much as this ever.

Anything else to add?
    Just got back from my world challenge expedition so that was 2 weeks away from worrying

:dumbells:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MessyEffy)
    do both your firm and insurance receive your result? idk how it works because say if both offers are the same and ask for AAA, will your insurance put you in the accept pile because you've met the grades even though you've technically met your firm's grades too. do they wait to hear your firm's verdict first, then make a decision accordingly or is it done differently?
    All your choices get your results.

Some universities will sort through firm and insurance applicants and send decisions for them all to UCAS.

Other universities will only sort through their firm applicants and any insurance applicants that have been rejected by their firms.

Different universities work at different speeds - so it is possible to have your choices show any combination:

CF , CI (neither have sent a decision to UCAS)

UF, UI (both have confirmed your place - even though your insurance is confirmed that offer is not valid once your firm goes UF)

UF, CI (your firm confirmed your place, your insurance either didn't decide or didn't bother)

CF, UI (your insurance have confirmed your place but your firm hasn't sent a decision yet)

UF, R (your firm has confirmed your place and your insurance has rejected you for not meeting their conditions)

R, UF (your firm has rejected you and your insurance has confirmed your place and is now your firm)

R, CF (your firm has rejected you and your insurance is now your firm but has not sent a decision to UCAS yet)

R, R (both firm and insurance have rejected you and you're in clearing)

There's also the chance that one or both of your firm and insurance could make a UCC - unconditional changed course offer. For a different course, a foundation year, year 1 entry instead of year 2 for Scottish universities. You get 5 days to either accept or decline the UCC. If you decline a UCC from your firm then your insurance becomes your new firm.

IIRR Track calls a rejection "unsuccessful " (which is not great - because it's not a vastly different word at first glance to "unconditional " )

Didn't see

Don't want to see.

I saw the words: horrible, grotesque and horrific. My brain can do without pictures of something like that.

ReputationRep:
    I'm having mini panic attacks every time I think about results ;P

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know if SOAS are lenient especially when courses are in clearing?

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.