Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Im sure the searching thing will be stricter, but there is no way in hell that they can thoroughly search every item of luggage that goes into the festival. Personally i will be getting my wristband tomorrow and bringing my stuff on friday, so i should bypass the search by going through the main gates. Not that i have anything to hide, apart from deoderant i guess, but not too bothered about that anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Exactly how strict are they on the 150ml thing?? I was thinking of hiding my dry shampoo etc at the bottom of my wellies....
    Also how massive will the ques be past 12???

ReputationRep:
    My dry shampoo is hidden inside a shoe which is rightttt at the bottom of my bag. I seriously doubt they'll find it.

ReputationRep:
    dry shampoo? o.0

what is this new invention? :P

ReputationRep:
    Dry Shampoo? Wow, I have never heard of that before.

ReputationRep:
    My bag's so heavy, and then I have to carry my sleeping bag and a carrier full of alcohol separately :sad::sad::sad:

ReputationRep:
    I'm leaving my dry shampoo at home and gonna try and find a little bottle :yes::sad:

I look so silly with my 65l bag and carrier bag of food. My friend laughs now, but she has a tiny tiny bag for her back and has to carry her tent, sleeping bag and roll mat in hand.. and so she's going to have a bag back at the end of all this :yep:

ReputationRep:
    My bag is so heavy
    I can't stand up staight, otherwise I'll fall over backwards >_<

ReputationRep:
    I am carrying two sportsbags :O

ReputationRep:
    Maybe i should pack :beard:

ReputationRep:
    Owww. After bringing a crazy amount of stuff last year, i tried to cut down this year but my bag is as heavy as ever!
    And i really think ive forgotten stuff!!

I'm hoping for blue wristbands this year!

ReputationRep:
    finally got everything packed and ready for an early start tomorrow.

enjoy the weekend everyone, although i think that goes without saying!!

ReputationRep:
    A little birdie told me that the wristbands are blue. :yep:

*hides in case she's wrong*

I'm off to bed now since I'm up early in the morning, so goodnight everyone, and I hope you all have a fantastic time!! x

ReputationRep:
    hi guys, just a quick question

this is my first reading festival and ill be travelling by train with my sleeping bag, clothes and alcohol and walking to the site and meeting my friends who arrived at the site today. because i cant take alcohol into the main arena how easy will it be to find them outside of the arena? i think theyre camping in yellow. any specific landmarks i should head for?

also when i arrive do i just go in through the red camp entrance and make my way along and around the main arena? how long is the walk from red to yellow?

thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainbow drops)
    A little birdie told me that the wristbands are blue. :yep:

*hides in case she's wrong*

I'm off to bed now since I'm up early in the morning, so goodnight everyone, and I hope you all have a fantastic time!! x
    their black. Normal reading fest colours. They look pretty cool actually.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm I sold my tickets for this due to the mass amount of Indie landfill playing.

But starting to regret not going due to Faith No More

ReputationRep:
    Actually after watching Florence and the Machine I don't regret it, about £300 saved there.

ReputationRep:
    Kings of Leon were amazing of course, just as good as they were when I saw them last year and I really wish I was there tonight, they really were phenomenal. Was actually very pleased with BBC's coverage as well, they showed a good hour out of an hour and a half set which is pretty good for them, uisually they'd barely show a couple of songs from any of the artists, but that was quite decent, hope its the same for radiohead

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olie)
    Kings of Leon were amazing of course, just as good as they were when I saw them last year and I really wish I was there tonight, they really were phenomenal. Was actually very pleased with BBC's coverage as well, they showed a good hour out of an hour and a half set which is pretty good for them, uisually they'd barely show a couple of songs from any of the artists, but that was quite decent, hope its the same for radiohead
    Really? http://www.nme.com/news/kings-of-leon/47008 "Reading? What the ****? Zero love for the kings. I know it was cold but holy ****, y'all were frozen."

I've seen them at Reading before (actually live, rather than on TV!) and was very impressed. Last night on the TV I thought they looked a bit bored, and at some moments they seemed to be talking to each other between songs and shaking their heads. Then they cut away from KOL saying that the band "weren't happy with their performance and didn't want any more of the footage to be shown".

Personally I felt that their earlier albums sounded much better live than their new album, with the exception of Sex on Fire. I couldn't believe it when they cracked out Molly's Chambers, was dead excited. But I think KOL have brought it upon themselves- in my opinion the new songs are just quite boring, bland and mainstream - it fails to excite the crowd and hence you'll end up with a poor reception. They can hardly blame the fans.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glance)
    Really? http://www.nme.com/news/kings-of-leon/47008 "Reading? What the ****? Zero love for the kings. I know it was cold but holy ****, y'all were frozen."

I've seen them at Reading before (actually live, rather than on TV!) and was very impressed. Last night on the TV I thought they looked a bit bored, and at some moments they seemed to be talking to each other between songs and shaking their heads. Then they cut away from KOL saying that the band "weren't happy with their performance and didn't want any more of the footage to be shown".

Personally I felt that their earlier albums sounded much better live than their new album, with the exception of Sex on Fire. I couldn't believe it when they cracked out Molly's Chambers, was dead excited. But I think KOL have brought it upon themselves- in my opinion the new songs are just quite boring, bland and mainstream - it fails to excite the crowd and hence you'll end up with a poor reception. They can hardly blame the fans.
    My two cents are on that link, Trent17

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.