Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 94_confessions)
    Yeah, I know, but I couldn't think of anything else, and thought (hoped, more like) that acetylcholinesterase might be affected.
    I did the same, sure if the enzyme becomes denatured then the acetyl choline can't be broken down and no more AP is transmitted? ah well I'll probs retake and hope they give a proper exam this time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good Apollo)
    I can't understand in what kind of ****-eyed person could cook up a paper like this and think it was acceptable... It penalises people for learning the specification, and encourages people to bluff their way through the "fluffy" questions. I may actually write OCR a strongly worded letter.
    Now you're gonna get the rep for using my pic in your sig :bawling: :nooo: :hmmm:

Spoiler:
    Show
    :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bullolozer)
    I wonder what qualifications you need to work for OCR and writing papers? Maybe a fishing license?
    hahah i suppose that would make it easier for people to track down the examiner:rolleyes:

Put secreation as removal by exocytosis and gave example as acetyl choline using vesciles and then changed it to secreting sweat. Arghh i dont know which one (if any) is right but I think what I wrote first had better chance.

As for the damn seal question (which I must saw looked quite cute lol)
    I wrote it will have massive lungs and perhaps do a lot of anaerobic respiration before clearing the oxygen debt in a massive breath.

I messed up the enzyme said lactate hydrogenase not dehydrogenase (thought you cant have the 'de'=removal when you are adding H2 but then realised the thing is the other way around)

Waffled on the green leaf one. Said wont cause photosynthesis because it is reflected. Couldnt explain the ph one well enough just said there needs to be a colour change as H+ are accumulated on one side for chemiosmosis during light dependant.

What do people reckon.

VERY hard paper overall.

ReputationRep:
    That was one beast of a paper. It was so friggin vague, most of thee questions were wierd and didn't seem like it was related to what we learned. I hope I am not the only one who found that paper very wierd.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by divinelord)
    Waffled on the green leaf one. Said wont cause photosynthesis because it is reflected. Couldnt explain the ph one well enough just said there needs to be a colour change as H+ are accumulated on one side for chemiosmosis during light dependant.

Your saying photosnthesis wont occur, yet H+ accumulattes from the light dependant stage xP?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LearningMath)
    I also think acetylcholine is secreted from neurones by exocytosis... i cant find any specific meaning for secretion which doesnt apply to acetylcholine, as some people implied.
    anyways my example was anti-diuretic hormone which is undisputable and unquestionable correct!:woo:

ReputationRep:
    Exactly! I can't see any reason why you can't define Acetylcholine as being an example product of secretion :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Remarqable M)
    anyways my example was anti-diuretic hormone which is undisputable and unquestionable correct!:woo:
    So? Acetylcholine is still an acceptable answer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Remarqable M)
    ...You implied her answer of acetylcholine was wrong and mocked her for it, are you going to back that up?

ReputationRep:
    I just put mucus for the secretion example. Why bother with technicalities when that was etched into your brain from AS level?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good Apollo)
    I can't understand in what kind of ****-eyed person could cook up a paper like this and think it was acceptable... It penalises people for learning the specification, and encourages people to bluff their way through the "fluffy" questions. I may actually write OCR a strongly worded letter.
    Oh no! A paper that actually assesses intelligence rather than gifting A*s to all the revision monkeys!

God forbid!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maniacsandwichbar)
    So? Acetylcholine is still an acceptable answer.
    yes! i did some reading on secretion on wikipedia and it talks about exocytosis so i assume it applies to acetylcholine too so yeah give yourself a mark
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Helper
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Helper
    PS Reviewer
    So what did people put for the temperature one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Get Cape.Wear Cape.Fly.)
    was it not "describe"?
    it was DEFINITELY describe -.-
    i only used the data from the table and said what the trends showed.. i assumed the describe meant that we did not need to qualify reasons as to why conduction was faster with a larger diameter and myelinated neurone..

had me worried for a second there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HotCoco.)
    [/B]
    Why would it need anerobic respiration at all if there is oxygen in water? :confused:
    coz seals dont have gills to get the oxygen from the water?

(Original post by Kulpio)
    Your saying photosnthesis wont occur, yet H+ accumulattes from the light dependant stage xP?
    probably didnt phrase that well enough.

The one with green paper had an orange yellow colour which in the ph paper was neutral. Neutral means no imbalance of pH => no photosynthesis because the light is reflected.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LearningMath)
    ...You implied her answer of acetylcholine was wrong and mocked her for it, are you going to back that up?
    Lmao, love it :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InvoluntarySlacker)
    I'm working out as I am typing this. I'm on 5 and a 1/2 push ups and I can feel my muscles bulging. :dumbells:

How about I synthesise some from some charcoal, a microwave and copper wiring. :sexface:

I reckon I can get 0.2 carats out of that.
    5 and a half push ups? 5?! 0.2 carats?!! You were my arranged marriage man...I need an upgrade.... :mad:

ReputationRep:
    uh guys, i found out that the seal had pH buffers (i.e. proteins) in its blood, so wouldn't suffer muscle fatigue. p95, q5 of the ocr text book.
    Wish i'd bothered doing all those practice questions instead of past papers, but oh well, that question was for the cambridge applicants

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 7, 2016

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.