Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Didn't Stan serve out against Fed at Monte Carlo? Why on earth is he struggling here?

ReputationRep:
    Stan is my favourite player, without doubt, but I want to see Fed in the final tomorrow because I fear Djokovic would just thrash Stan again.

And put it this way, I don't want to see Djokovic win tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    my god. its still going on.

ReputationRep:
    The final is 20 hours away - whoever wins this is in trouble.

ReputationRep:
    If Stan does make it to tomorrow, does make you wonder whether he'd falter in the same position against Djokovic. He's been the better player for almost the entire match, and still finds a way to almost throw it away.

ReputationRep:
    This match deserves a final set tiebreak but knowing Stan, he would lose his serve to lose 7-5.

ReputationRep:
    Terrific match - undoubtedly the best match of the tournament so far, even with Federer's flaky play. He's hit fewer than 10 groundstroke winners in the entire match. Only made 2 forehand winners in the game he broke back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sirocco11)
    If Stan does make it to tomorrow, does make you wonder whether he'd falter in the same position against Djokovic. He's been the better player for almost the entire match, and still finds a way to almost throw it away.
    It's a bit confusing - Stan does have a win over Fed this year, so we'd think he'd surely be able to close it out. I imagine he would put away Djokovic from that position.
    Tennis is strange. But fun.

ReputationRep:
    Brilliant volleys by Fed on the last couple of points to win it.

ReputationRep:
    Wow. He's done it.

My heart is breaking for Stan, but what a final set!

ROLL ON DAVIS CUP!

ReputationRep:
    Since when has Federer been so clutch? He should so have lost this match....

ReputationRep:
    Fed may be too tired for tomorrow but at the same time he might be match tough for tomorrow after tonight's thriller.

ReputationRep:
    What a cool finish by Fed. Feel sorry for Wawrinka, he played well in last years semi too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Badshah)
    Fed may be too tired for tomorrow but at the same time he might be match tough for tomorrow after tonight's thriller.
    Was just thinking this.

He'll lose cause he's tired

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    fantastic match, feel for Stan, them 3 MP's, gutsy from Fed, well done to him, bring on tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    Roger Federer: "I think I got lucky tonight. Stan played better from the baseline and that usually does the job on this court. But I kept fighting. It's tough but I'm thrilled to be in another final in London.
    "Novak is playing great tennis. It usually brings the best out of me, it's going to be tough but I'll give it a shot."

ReputationRep:
    Talk about snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. Federe's face said it all at the end - the better man lost.

ReputationRep:
    Federer usually always has something against Djokovic. Not counting him out at all. Especially with the hugely partisan crowd he'll have tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sirocco11)
    Federer usually always has something against Djokovic. Not counting him out at all. Especially with the hugely partisan crowd he'll have tomorrow.
    I'm so excited for tomorrow!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Based on today, I will alter my prediction and say Novak in 2. (However, each time I say Nole is the clear favourite Fed has ended up winning and proving me wrong)

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.