Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Somali Society Mk III Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JuliusSeizure)
    Long-standing member or not he shouldn't be insulting a sister like that, creating an argument out of thin air...pssh.

Yes what I said was wrong, but he could always use google to translate it.. it was still wrong for me to say it though :yy:

Lol long-standing member kulaha :hmpf:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Im not saying don't argue, just do it in english

And he is actually a long standing member. He was part of the 3 somali soc threads. Lord knows how many arguments we've both had (ask misfats and all the other regular members) but hes a cool guy

(Original post by AnimeCrazy)
    inshallah wallhi and Yup a year ago. Want to start wearing them just before uni starts.
    I remember the first time i tried contact lenses. It took my almost an hour to put them in and out.

I need to start wearing them as glasses don't suit me and im very short sighted and my glasses snapped like 4 months ago (but ive been too lazy to get a new pair) lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Secretnerd123)
    I dont know about you but my exam board was ocr and we had to learn all the dirty theories of freud lmao. He was a twisted man but his theories were so funny

I may or may not have been :teehee:

he wasn't the only teacher i've had that inspired me to persue that career path but i think hes the reason i want to teach psychology in particular. Psychology is one of the most mind blowing subjects out there and seeing my students' eyes light up when they discover something new about human behaviour would just be an amazing feeling lol.

thats a bit creepy lool
    We did too but I was just wondering if these theories arose in his mind after meeting this one kid (they were all based around this sort of thing..all the stages in child development and what not) or if they were things he had thought out from before. It was hilarious though...my teacher would go off on a tangent and just talk about dirty things.
    You so fancied him :lol:
    Yeah it is. But then again I think Biology, Chemistry and Maths are the same. I love figuring things out and putting x and y together so yeah psychology was good..
    Ahah I know but we all loved him..so much banter in maths especially..I miss my classes :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    I said "he is a gangster, just leave him" .....

Posted from TSR Mobile
    He'd probably take that as a compliment :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Biryani007)
    We did too but I was just wondering if these theories arose in his mind after meeting this one kid (they were all based around this sort of thing..all the stages in child development and what not) or if they were things he had thought out from before. It was hilarious though...my teacher would go off on a tangent and just talk about dirty things.
    Yeah it is. But then again I think Biology, Chemistry and Maths are the same. I love figuring things out and putting x and y together so yeah psychology was good..
    Ahah I know but we all loved him..so much banter in maths especially..I miss my classes :cry2:
    My maths teacher was literally the best teacher ever, if only more teachers were like him

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What do you want to study at uni after your gap year is over?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brown shuga)
    My maths teacher was literally the best teacher ever, if only more teachers were like him

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ahah I know but we all loved him..so much banter in maths especially
    I think that having a great teacher who makes the classes enjoyable contributes so much towards the final performance of students

ReputationRep:
    That was careless of me, but he needs to watch how he communicates with others. He starts arguments out of thin air

You are right though, I shouldn't have discussed him Somali

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Correct, let that be a lesson learned. Not a very good example to set, given your age. Enjoy retirement.

Long-standing member or not he shouldn't be insulting a sister like that, creating an argument out of thin air...pssh.

Yes what I said was wrong, but he could always use google to translate it.. it was still wrong for me to say it though :yy:

Lol long-standing member kulaha :hmpf:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You're just some random kid, come at me.

ReputationRep:
    I know! Aha and all the dream analysis stuff...how if your dream had a train in it it meant some next thing *vomits*
    Thankfully I've never had a dream with a train in or any other weird objects he used in his theory
    What was that little boy called again, the one that was scared of horses? The poor thing had a phobia of horses and Freud twisted the whole thing so much!
    lol ikr, hmm wasn't it little hans not sure, oh yeh falling horses sheesh the theorist had weird ideas. At least Erik Erikson's theory even though he developed freud's theory was better

ReputationRep:
    Yup been wearing them since year 7. My eye sight is so bad the second i wake up i have to hunt them down cuz everything so blurry.
    i wore glassess since year 4

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkMystryXxX)
    i wore glassess since year 4
    thats a long time. Ever wore contacts ?

ReputationRep:
    Recently though, I've seen more Somalis working in a professional careers. For example, at my sister's school there are two somali young science teachers. It is probably due the fact that the majority of Somalis immigrated to the UK to the last decade so most of their children are graduating nowadays.

But, In sha Allah, hopefully there will be more Somalis in these careers. What are your thoughts on it?

Btw, he is not Somali in case you didn't know

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Whats he doing on a somali thread. Yeah i agree, us somalis came after 2000so i guess thats why we dont see them in professional careers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QueenSI)
    Whats he doing on a somali thread. Yeah i agree, us somalis came after 2000so i guess thats why we dont see them in professional careers
    Islam doesn't tolerate racial discrimination and I aim to adhere to that establishment. Take your discriminatory ideology elsewhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abdul-Karim)
    Islam doesn't tolerate racial discrimination and I aim to adhere to that establishment. Take your discriminatory ideology elsewhere.
    I have never racially discriminated anyone, ever. I just assumed everyone in this thread was Somali, can you blame me for thinking that :| I know what Islam says.

ReputationRep:
    I have never racially discriminated anyone, ever. I just assumed everyone in this thread was Somali, can you blame me for thinking that :| I know what Islam says.
    To be fair, even if he isn't Somali he has been on this thread far, far longer than any of you newbies have and so I can't understand why some of you think you have the right to try an ostracize him.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HeavyTeddy)
    To be fair, even if he isn't Somali he has been on this thread far, far longer than any of you newbies have and so I can't understand why some of you think you have the right to try an ostracize him.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hold up, what am saying is i didn't even KNOW he wasn't Somali. Not that it matters, someone mentioned he wasn't Somali and I was simply confused as to what he was doing on a Somali thread cause I assumed everyone here was somali . An innocent assumption on my part :banghead:I Didn't mean anything by it.
    Sorry if you got offended and felt like I was discriminating against you forgive me if you did got offended was not my intention

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HeavyTeddy)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah thats what i told them yesterday too

ReputationRep:
    Hold up, what am saying is i didn't even KNOW he wasn't Somali. Not that it matters, someone mentioned he wasn't Somali and I was simply confused as to what he was doing on a Somali thread cause I assumed everyone here was somali . An innocent assumption on my part :banghead:I Didn't mean anything by it.
    Sorry if you got offended and felt like I was discriminating against you forgive me if you did got offended was not my intention
    Apology accepted.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not Somali either

ReputationRep:
    thats a long time. Ever wore contacts ?
    Nope I prefer glasses lol

ReputationRep:
    I'm not Somali either
    heheh hiii, I have nothing against non somalis here now that i know everyone here isnt somali :o:E<<< Love that peodo emoji looool

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.