Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jordanap)
    Waiting mate! Can't understand what I'm meant to do with that guide. Well confusing
    Haha yeah I know, I'm glad I'm not the only one waiting then. What's your course?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SkAlley)
    Ok thank you, just to clarify did you put down the compulsory ones NOW or will you wait till next week?
    I'm waiting til next week

Tbh I'm probably going to wait until Wednesday/Thursday to do anything because I'm torn between two different options for the free choice ones and I want to go to the subject talk thing before I make my mind up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BPreston)
    Me too, just have to make the extra effort for freshers. Like I want to go to all the events but don't want to pitch up on my own haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    This would probably come across really horribly but it makes me glad that other people are in the same boat now! I don't want to be the thrird wheel 30th wheel at some party!

@mahamxa thanks for the help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mahamxa)
    they're going to have a stall at the fair next week so you should sign up! are you in your first year?
    hi btw lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Omar.Q)
    hi btw lol
    haha hi! it's a society for students living at home and they have a stall at the welcome fair on Tuesday/Wednesday where you can sign up (or online)

ReputationRep:
    haha hi! it's a society for students living at home and they have a stall at the welcome fair on Tuesday/Wednesday where you can sign up (or online)
    ohh makes sense now, had me a little shocked at first, was thinking i havent signed up or anything lol

ReputationRep:
    they're going to have a stall at the fair next week so you should sign up! are you in your first year?
    Oh, ok. I'm a first year, yeah, but I did a foundation year so I'm not actually new. I just didn't really get involved with the social side of things last year.

ReputationRep:
    What do we actually need to bring with us at welcome week ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperNinja)
    What do we actually need to bring with us at welcome week ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Your school might ask to see your original qualification documents so make sure to bring those. I don't think there's anything else you absolutely have to bring, just obvious things like money, ID etc.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know when we get our induction timetable? Ill be arriving quite late Monday morning :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rezzlecarnival)
    Does anyone know when we get our induction timetable? Ill be arriving quite late Monday morning :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do you mean for your course? It depends on the school, I already received mine a while ago.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Definitely check with your department- I've got a lecture at 10am on Monday morning so you may well have one too!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who's living at home (or pretty much anyone really) purchased a black wristband? Or are you not even bothering with the wristbands??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joeymr)
    Definitely check with your department- I've got a lecture at 10am on Monday morning so you may well have one too!
    (Original post by HandmadeTurnip)
    Do you mean for your course? It depends on the school, I already received mine a while ago.
    Thanks guys I just emailed my department hopefully recieve one soon.
    Do we have to attend all of them? I wont arrive till like 12! :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys I just emailed my department hopefully recieve one soon.
    Do we have to attend all of them? I wont arrive till like 12! :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You're usually supposed to attend everything, yeah. The first thing will probably just be an introductory talk though so it shouldn't matter hugely if you miss it. I'm only speaking from my experience, however, I don't know if this holds true for all departments.

ReputationRep:
    GUYS DO WE REALLY NEED THREE PASSPORT STYLE PHOTOS? IM LEAVING TOMORROW AND I HAVENT GOT SOME

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    GUYS DO WE REALLY NEED THREE PASSPORT STYLE PHOTOS? IM LEAVING TOMORROW AND I HAVENT GOT SOME

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Depends where you're staying, Whitworth Park say people in their halls don't no but I'd check with whichever you're in

ReputationRep:
    Depends, I moved into Whitworth Park today and didn't take any because the guys running the fb page said it's an old form and they don't need it anymore buuuut idk about anywhere else sorry x

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lol no, i didnt take any. They said you only really need them if your catered. They did say to bring two at another time, but im not going to unless they come an chase me for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joeymr)
    What subject are you doing? Ive got one on the same time
    I got an email about it, idt I act have a timetable sent to me...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.