Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

SQA Results' Day Discussion Thread - Tuesday 5 August 2014 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Coralight)
    No way! Congrats, it's a good year for you this year isn't it hahaha
    Yeah EME all the way
    I know haha, my year head actually knows me by name now:^_^:, such a great achievement lel

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greenladybird)
    Have fun with the final drafts haha.
    I sent mine off last week and got an unconditonal from Glasgow on Friday but not heard anything back from the others. Holding out for a place at Strath though, are you for EME?
    Wow already? That's crazy!!! What grades did you get? I'm applying for Astrophysics so fingers crossed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fafnirod2509)
    Wow already? That's crazy!!! What grades did you get? I'm applying for Astrophysics so fingers crossed!
    AAAAA :cool: it was honestly such a surprise though, especially for english! Hbu?
    Aw good luck for that! Where else have you applied for?

ReputationRep:
    AAAAA :cool: it was honestly such a surprise though, especially for english! Hbu?
    Aw good luck for that! Where else have you applied for?

Same! I got a band 1 in english and didn't even know till the other day! :laugh: Thanks Ehhh Saint Andrews and Cambridge, just need to finish my personal statement

ReputationRep:
    Same! I got a band 1 in english and didn't even know till the other day! :laugh: Thanks Ehhh Saint Andrews and Cambridge, just need to finish my personal statement
    I didn't even want to know my banding for english - an A is good enough for me haha. Aw I loved St Andrews, shame they don't do engineering though
    Hopefully it won't take too long! Good luck for Cambridge!!

ReputationRep:
    I didn't even want to know my banding for english - an A is good enough for me haha. Aw I loved St Andrews, shame they don't do engineering though
    Hopefully it won't take too long! Good luck for Cambridge!!
    Nah I had to know! haha :L yeah hopefully not! Thanks

ReputationRep:
    St Andrews/Cambridge physicist and chemist here (hopefully) :-) five band 1s, unconditional from Glasgow

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CaitlinDy)
    St Andrews/Cambridge physicist and chemist here (hopefully) :-) five band 1s, unconditional from Glasgow

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wow well done! i was one short of 5! damn computing :L For Astrophysics? and which college? Maybe I'll be your classmate!

ReputationRep:
    Wow well done! i was one short of 5! damn computing :L For Astrophysics? and which college? Maybe I'll be your classmate!
    Physical natural science at King's.
    I'm considering astrophysics as one of the three modules, providing the interview is successful and co editions are met which is a great ask.
    Which college have you applied for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Physical Natural Sciences at Homerton College. Im planning on doing Physics, Material Science and Geology in first and second year if i get in, and Astrophysics from 3rd -> 5th year :L yeah it is a big ask, hopefully i get a 2A and a B offer, although id love to get an offer whatever the case haha

ReputationRep:
    Physical Natural Sciences at Homerton College. Im planning on doing Physics, Material Science and Geology in first and second year if i get in, and Astrophysics from 3rd -> 5th year :L yeah it is a big ask, hopefully i get a 2A and a B offer, although id love to get an offer whatever the case haha
    I think for King's they're expecting me to get two A1s and an A2 at advanced higher. I'm currently predicted A1 (chem) A2 (physics, maths - for safety) and B3 in French.
    I really hope you get in :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think for King's they're expecting me to get two A1s and an A2 at advanced higher. I'm currently predicted A1 (chem) A2 (physics, maths - for safety) and B3 in French.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They can give you an offer on bands?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeschichteJunge)
    That's good to hear you can get those UC's! I was told I'd get an unconditional for Edinburgh, Strathclyde and maybe Glasgow depending on my ps and LNAT test result! Oxfords so competitive I pray I get an offer, if that's the case I'm going to study my ass off to get there! Oh that's ideal! I am so jealous you're applying for dentistry it genuinely looks fun!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Dentistry is so good honestly! The clinical side of it is something else! Based on your results and providing you can make a great P.S I reckon you have every chance in the world of getting offers for Oxford/Glasgow

I'll admit I really didn't think my application would get to this stage! Dentistry is so hard to get into!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SerLorasTyrell)
    They can give you an offer on bands?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah they're quite particular about them I think

ReputationRep:
    Yeah they're quite particular about them I think
    Oh god

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SerLorasTyrell)
    Oh god

Posted from TSR Mobile
    One of my friends got A1A1A2 from Cambridge, and also from UCL. My other friend got AAB from Oxford if that changes your mind

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I thought they only wanted A and B's? i think you're thinking of the english A*A*A, our equivalent is AAB I believe Im predicted 3As, but they dont predict bandings here :L That's for Physics, Chemistry and Maths to Adv higher Thank you! you too!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.