Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Balo's touch pretty poor at times btw. Needs to concentrate more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swarly)
    i wish they would just put 10 men behind the ball:unimpressed:
    But then Liverpool would crush them. We wouldnt want that now would we?

Seriously West Ham playing some really good football. Ive been Upton Park last season and thier football was awful to watch at times. Valencia, Sakho and Kouyate look really impressive

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    I sometimes wonder how much us getting turned over on the counter is due to Gerrard? He's not mobile at all anymore and doesn't have that defender/DM anticipation.

Was Manquillo poor or did Rodgers just want a system change?
    He wasn't brilliant, erratic touch really, but they kept crossing deep to the far post. Manquillo got caught under the ball a little too often I reckon, and also we just moved to 3-5-2.

Sterling - Henderson - Gerrard should have been the midfield though, Lucas is ****. Offers nothing.

ReputationRep:
    I sometimes wonder how much us getting turned over on the counter is due to Gerrard? He's not mobile at all anymore and doesn't have that defender/DM anticipation.

Was Manquillo poor or did Rodgers just want a system change?
    We're not getting turned over on the counter though. Last ten mins of that half we were camped inside our own half. We're simply getting outplayed by West Ham.

ReputationRep:
    Idk if Borini is even a PL standard striker, let alone a top half, top 6, top four, or title challenging striker.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hold My Liquor)
    Idk if Borini is even a PL standard striker, let alone a top half, top 6, top four, or title challenging striker.
    Thats a bit harsh. He did really well for Sunderland last season. But yeah he's not a top 4 striker, maybe not even a top 6 striker.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Terrible touch, no pace, no power, no agility - no goalscoring ability. He literally is the footballing equivalent of a water pistol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce)
    Thats a bit harsh. He did really well for Sunderland last season. But yeah he's not a top 4 striker, maybe not even a top 6 striker.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    As far as I can recall, he scored 3 non penalty goals in the league all year.

Yeah, he was playing off the wing some/a lot of the time, but real talk, if that's your record, your status as a PL STRIKER is worthy of question.

ReputationRep:
    He wasn't brilliant, erratic touch really, but they kept crossing deep to the far post. Manquillo got caught under the ball a little too often I reckon, and also we just moved to 3-5-2.

Sterling - Henderson - Gerrard should have been the midfield though, Lucas is ****. Offers nothing.
    Makes sense to have 3 big CBs then

(Original post by Pn94)
    We're not getting turned over on the counter though. Last ten mins of that half we were camped inside our own half. We're simply getting outplayed by West Ham.
    We haven't for these goals but we do get run over a bit on the counter. The fullbacks push up so we basically have the CBs and Gerrard sitting deeper and then you get strikers/wingers running with pace at them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pn94)
    Terrible touch, no pace, no power, no agility - no goalscoring ability. He literally is the footballing equivalent of a water pistol.
    His fans will say 'OH BUT LOOK AT THE MOVEMENT' - every time we even give him the ball, he just falls over and collapses in a ****ing heap, or his finish is awful.

Not getting in Remy this summer was a huge clanger. In the scheme of things, bigger clanger than not getting Dempsey.

ReputationRep:

We haven't for these goals but we do get run over a bit on the counter. The fullbacks push up so we basically have the CBs and Gerrard sitting deeper and then you get strikers/wingers running with pace at them.
    It's not really a big problem in this game though, where we can't even seem to get out of our own half for large periods. It was the same against Villa. We look incapable of keeping the ball in the opposition half for more than a few seconds.

ReputationRep:
    As far as I can recall, he scored 3 non penalty goals in the league all year.

Yeah, he was playing off the wing some/a lot of the time, but real talk, if that's your record, your status as a PL STRIKER is worthy of question.
    Fair enough but he was a good threat for Sunderland. He should have just returned to Sunderland. He's clearly not Liverpool quality tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Why would you shoot from that angle

ReputationRep:
    Borini should of crossed rather than shoot from that angle...

ReputationRep:
    why did borini shoot from there?
    jesus, someone with his awful quality is never gonna score from there
    he just doesn't have the awareness - a successful pass across to moreno makes it 2-2 there...

ReputationRep:
    Now this is where we really miss Sturridge, Borini not gd enough.

ReputationRep:
    Jenkinson :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    clear foul on lallana

"and then borini hits it over the bar..."
    standard.

ReputationRep:
    Game over

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Borini shooting from distance...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 4, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.