Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dark Elixir)
    Maybe so toxic products don't build up inside the body?? IDK. I said that a build up of urea makes people feel sick and vomit. I don't know...
    I put that perineteal needs to be done more because it doesn't filter/clean the whole blood circulation (doesnt clean all of the blood in the body) and therefore haemodialysis needs to be done less regularly because it takes nearly all of the blood and cleans it all, probably wrong but all i could think of!

ReputationRep:
    Guys for the graph q about gender??? What the f, i only saw males

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nbio21)
    Did u guys put a higher percentage of males started RTT or whatever it was? Then used figures to get the 2nd mark
    Yep

ReputationRep:
    What did people write for peritoneal needing to be done 4 times a day? I said it needed to be done more frequently to have as much as an impact as haemo because the sessions are shorter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomzorz)
    I got scared by people saying "pathogen q", I thought I missed a label question on the insulin question or something
    Me too what are they talking about😖

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kewla1)
    I assumed there was only 1 other gender; females and so if males were 60% then females had to be 40%

ReputationRep:
    They fully tried to screw us up on this test. There was hardly any knowledge based long answer questions. just suggest this suggest that waste men.

what did people talk about on the 5 mark aerobic anerobic question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NilaJ)
    At the end, you sweat when you have a fever and why, then you shiver and why.
    oh yeh bril, thanks mate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rich*****)
    Nope I'm sure it was 93

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Why 93? How did you do that? I simply divided digit from 2nd column by digit from 3rd column?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sbraders11)
    Me too what are they talking about😖

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Just about the last page of questions presumably, about sweating and fever etc.

I just glanced over the wordy text in that question so didn't see the mention of pathogen

ReputationRep:
    IS THERE ANY WAY we can actually complain to ocr bio about this? im not joking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoshFH)
    I thought it might be about reducing sugar loss from the surrounding tissue preventing hypoglycemia as the sugar solution is closer to blood/tissue fluid water potential.... but a quick search brought this up

"Peritoneal dialysis solution contains dextrose (or another sugar), as well as salt and minerals dissolved in water. The dextrose pulls wastes and fluids into the dialysis solution. The solution comes in concentrations of 1.5%, 2.5% and 4.25% dextrose. Higher amounts pull away more waste, which offers immediate and long-term benefits. But over time, the body absorbs dextrose -- and that causes dialysis to become less effective."

http://www.sharecare.com/health/geni...lysis-solution
    Hahaha, how are we even meant to know that for the exam :')

ReputationRep:
    I think k was box plot. I got it just at the last minute.

ReputationRep:
    For shivering during fever I put plasma cells make antibodies faster from the heat generated by muscle contraction.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoshFH)
    I assumed there was only 1 other gender; females and so if males were 60% then females had to be 40%
    I think thats a very fair assumption :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kewla1)

There was only males, so you assume the rest of the percentage to make up 100 was female. So all the male percentages were over 50, so more men starting it in that year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YouAgain)
    Why 93? How did you do that? I simply divided digit from 2nd column over digit from 3rd column?
    thats the correct method but its definately 93 not triple digits

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goonieskellie)
    huh, i wrote they would have i wider range of accessory pigments to absorb as much light as possible?
    Same

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomzorz;[url="tel:56745395")
    56745395[/url]]For the insulin continuing to be secreted, I stated that it takes time for the insulin to reduce the glucose concentration, so the mechanism would carry on until the insulin begins to lower the blood glucose concentration.

Anyone else say this?
    I said something similar, I wrote that even after food intake glucose is still entering the body because not all the substances will be broken down at the same time so a prolonged release of insulin would be required. Not sure at all :')

ReputationRep:
    "Shivering can also be a response to a fever, as a person may feel cold. During fever the hypothalamic set point for temperature is raised. The increased set point causes the body temperature to rise (pyrexia), but also makes the patient feel cold until the new set point is reached. Rigor occurs because the patient's body is effectively shivering in a physiological attempt to increase body temperature to the new set point." -Wikipedia

How on earth were we meant to know this.
    Thanks OCR!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.