Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

UKCAT for 2017 Entry to UK watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jahidur99)
    I revised it for 2 weeks 🙁🙁
    I would not recommend for you to apply to any UKCAT heavy universities. Some of those being: King's, Newcastle and Durham. If I were in your situation I would sit the BMAT which will let you to apply to Brighton and Sussex, Leeds, Lancaster, UCL, Imperial and Oxbridge. So maybe if you had 2 BMAT unis and 2 UKCAT unis that might be a solid strategy. Depends on your other grades as well of course

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 123chem)
    Is 2010 on medify 1 and 2080 on medify 2 decent? Like, could i hope to do better on real one? its tomorrow so need urgent feedback
    That is very decent

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hazard82)
    I remember in my mocks I was getting lowish scores in VR and AR can't remember exactly but it was around 2750 total (687.5 average) and a high Band 2. In the real thing I got a 700 average Band 2. I was really nervous about the UKCAT just like most people, but I found if I kept a cool head I made better decisions on which questions to flag and which questions to leave behind for the end. A few nerves is ok but if you're all over the place that won't help - same principle applies for interviews especially MMIs.

I would say the AR is the exam is slightly harder than the Medify questions but don't that phase you. Stick to a system you know and if that doesn't work flag it then move on!
    Thank you so much!! Do you think that AR is as hard as the 1000 questions book?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    It's just practice and making sure you stick to the timing for each question. If you've not answered it within the time you allot yourself per question, then move on.

ReputationRep:
    I have my exam tomorrow and I did mock 2 from medify and got a terrible score at VR when generally I did well. I just couldn't finish and I ended up guessing a lot of answers. I also had to guess quite a few in QR but got a better score there. VR is stressing me out. Any tips to finish on time?

ReputationRep:
    Hi! So I just did it and got
    Verbal 630
    Quantitative 750
    Abstract 700
    Situational Band 1

What do you think are the chances of getting into graduate entry dentistry? (I'm a graduate btw)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helloimastudent)
    Hi! So I just did it and got
    Verbal 630
    Quantitative 750
    Abstract 700
    Situational Band 1

What do you think are the chances of getting into graduate entry dentistry? (I'm a graduate btw)
    Congrats on your result!! How easier/harder was it compared to mocks or practice questions you did?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natalia.medicine)
    Congrats on your result!! How easier/harder was it compared to mocks or practice questions you did?
    Oh god, waaaaaayyy easier than the mocks
    Mate quantitative was so much easier than any mock I did
    Abstract was way way easier too
    Verbal was the same

Overall the real test was easier than any mock or practise test I did, and I did all three UKCAT practise tests and all three medify mocks.

ReputationRep:
    Verbal was the same

Overall the real test was easier than any mock or practise test I did, and I did all three UKCAT practise tests and all three medify mocks.
    You give me hope

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone get in UKCAT Mock A? Im slightly worried because I got 450 in qr!

ReputationRep:
    Is the VR in mock test A similar to the real exam?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pra99)
    What did everyone get in UKCAT Mock A? Im slightly worried because I got 450 in qr!
    I got 707 average, 570 in QR

ReputationRep:
    Verbal was the same

Well done on your result! how come everyone is saying VR is awful this year, its really stressing me out as i struggle with it My friend and now you said it was the same as medify and kaplan so whats it really like? and what technique did u use?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, so I did my UKCAT today and got a score of 1850VR: 670QR: 540AR: 640STJ: band 2The DA I thought I did really well but alas it doesn't contribute to the final score. I didn't do nearly as well as I hoped and was wondering if anyone had any advice about where to apply UKCAT wise? I planned on Sheffield, maybe Aberdeen but now I'm not sure, thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cogito.)
    I deeply disagree.
    mee too.....I have an oxbridge degree and suck at the ukcat- 3rd time doing it!!!

ReputationRep:
    i got 2hours till my test. I have done all medify mocks but not official ones. Which official one should i do?

ReputationRep:
    i got 2hours till my test. I have done all medify mocks but not official ones. Which official one should i do?
    2 hours?! Dude, go do some push ups and stretch out. Listen to some zen music. Chill out.

ReputationRep:
    I got

VR - 680
    QR - 890
    AR - 730
    SJ - Band 2

Total: 2300
    Avg :767

Honestly, didn't think it was going as well as it was when I was in the hall. I did all the Kaplan practice tests, and a couple of the official mocks. 2300 is my second highest score out of all of them. Interestingly, in all my mocks i was much better in my VR than my QR and AR, so you might do better than you think in those areas. VR was definitely harder than any I had done in the past. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kraytz)
    How does the UKCAT compare to official online practice tests?

Also do you get a handheld calculator or do you only have the online calculator as I saw some threads form years ago where they got handheld calculators as well.
    I found the official online practice tests were very similar, medify personally was easier than the real thing.

ReputationRep:
    No, don't do any more mocks!!!It is simply too late, whilst it would have been nice for you to do the official mocks the 3 MEDIFY mocks you have done is more than sufficient so don't worry about it too much Panicking won't help so just relax and focus your mind.Perhaps listen to some classical music to help you settle down or ACDC to pump up your adrenaline before the test.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 22, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.