(Original post by Dirtybit)
    anyone can play ANY
    If you aren't coming on, get off TSR and back to revising

ReputationRep:
    Anyone on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimmy Seville)
    Anyone on?
    I'm on fallout so can pop on to FIFA if others are playing.

ReputationRep:
    anyone still around

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    anyone still around
    I can jump on if you like. Friday night means I can actually stay up late.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    I can jump on if you like. Friday night means I can actually stay up late.
    let's go

Rk2k14 Dirtybit i know u 2 are awake

ReputationRep:
    Watching film, might come on in bit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dirtybit)
    I find it annoying when playing as CAM and everybody decides to flood the middle because then I end up having to make the wide runs
    You don't have to. The whole point of flooding the middle is to put numbers there and force an overload. One of the AMs can. Using traditional wingers in this team makes no sense as we have no tall players and there isn't enough of a goal threat from the winger being wider than usual.

Fast goals through the middle is possibly the quickest and easiest way to score a goal on FIFA.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    You don't have to. The whole point of flooding the middle is to put numbers there and force an overload. One of the AMs can. Using traditional wingers in this team makes no sense as we have no tall players and there isn't enough of a goal threat from the winger being wider than usual.

Fast goals through the middle is possibly the quickest and easiest way to score a goal on FIFA.
    I'm not sure though. we concede a LOT of goals because opponents play long balls in to space, bypassing the congestion in the middle and leaving situations where there are more attackers than defenders.
    If in your team you have created sound chemistry whereby the attackers make runs and the CAMs make timely passes, flooding the centre will work. We however are absolutely nowhere near that.
    We either have people that don't make runs, people that don't pass or people that don't have good enough/vision or timing to create the chance.

I do however agree with what you say about it being pointless using wide players.
    At the moment we're pretty much useless in the air so every time we receive the ball out wide, we cut inside or run to by byline for a ground cross. It's very easy to anticipate and as the game goes on, we lose more and more possession in those areas.
    If we aren't going to flood the middle, we need to have wide players. If we have wide players, we need to have more of an aerial presence.
    It's all nice having a 5'8 player who has near perfect agility and control on the ball, but in order to have a consistent gameplan, we really need to be more tactical with things like this.
    I have no problem being taller because I was like that for a long time at the beginning, but even then we can't only have one tall player. If we're using wide men, somebody else will have to become 6ft+

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah, also when are people on?
    My poverty team played yesterday although I'm sure many of you will be watching yours.
    Let me know difeo Dirtybit Jimmy Seville zKlown Rk2k14 Zayn Malik jam277 sr90 sr90isa******

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    I'm not sure though. we concede a LOT of goals because opponents play long balls in to space, bypassing the congestion in the middle and leaving situations where there are more attackers than defenders.
    If in your team you have created sound chemistry whereby the attackers make runs and the CAMs make timely passes, flooding the centre will work. We however are absolutely nowhere near that.
    We either have people that don't make runs, people that don't pass or people that don't have good enough/vision or timing to create the chance.

I do however agree with what you say about it being pointless using wide players.
    At the moment we're pretty much useless in the air so every time we receive the ball out wide, we cut inside or run to by byline for a ground cross. It's very easy to anticipate and as the game goes on, we lose more and more possession in those areas.
    If we aren't going to flood the middle, we need to have wide players. If we have wide players, we need to have more of an aerial presence.
    It's all nice having a 5'8 player who has near perfect agility and control on the ball, but in order to have a consistent gameplan, we really need to be more tactical with things like this.
    I have no problem being taller because I was like that for a long time at the beginning, but even then we can't only have one tall player. If we're using wide men, somebody else will have to become 6ft+
    We don't really need tall players though and it's not about the tactics other players use. It's about what you use that works. Fast goals through the middle work. It's not always about the through ball at first opportunity either. what makes the goal is the quick interchange of passing. Sometimes a short pass to a teammate who is in a better position for the through ball is better than attempting a lofted ball to the player making the run.

Next time we play I might go up top. Will not change my stats though, he's still a 5'10 CAM cos I cba.

ReputationRep:
    We don't really need tall players though and it's not about the tactics other players use. It's about what you use that works. Fast goals through the middle work. It's not always about the through ball at first opportunity either. what makes the goal is the quick interchange of passing. Sometimes a short pass to a teammate who is in a better position for the through ball is better than attempting a lofted ball to the player making the run.

Next time we play I might go up top. Will not change my stats though, he's still a 5'10 CAM cos I cba.
    Nah it's ok bro, you stay in retirement

(Original post by Lúcio)
    My poverty team played yesterday although I'm sure many of you will be watching yours.
    Let me know difeo Dirtybit Jimmy Seville zKlown Rk2k14 Zayn Malik jam277 sr90 sr90isa******
    Tonight at some point for me, probably after United game

ReputationRep:

Why don't we? We clearly struggle to get above division 3 so either we simply aren't good enough or we don't have quality tactics.
    I'm not saying spam through balls, I'm saying that so many players in this team make the wrong choice way too often, whether it be dribbling instead of passing, or in my case passing instead of shooting.
    Consequentially, we lose the ball in stupid positions (way too much on the half way line) and as a result, a significant proportion of our goals are conceded because of that.

If you're gonna play ST but still want decent CAM-esque stats, I would highly advise being the "creator" type. You retain high ball skill stats but you also have much higher shooting stats. Due to the way I play, my pro is a creator and I feel like it's a very rounded type to be.
    If you're going up top, I'll probably drop back to CM/CDM.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Not until 9 for me

ReputationRep:
    Late for me too.

ReputationRep:
    We playing at 10?
    difeoDirtybitzKlownjam277LucindaJimmy Sevillesr90 Sr90 Sucks BBCBad*****killem

ReputationRep:
    I think some are going on soon mate
    Didn't people say 9?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    I think some are going on soon mate
    Didn't people say 9?
    Don't mind either way, was planning on jumping on Fallout for a bit before the adolescents came on.
    Just completed the Fort Hagen mission with Valentine. Do I still have a lot to go lel?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rk2k14)
    Don't mind either way, was planning on jumping on Fallout for a bit before the adolescents came on.
    Just completed the Fort Hagen mission with Valentine. Do I still have a lot to go lel?
    Ahhh right, fair enough mate.
    As you'll see from my misc post, I just finished the main story and now i'm too depressed to bother doing anything post game

You've just killed Kellogg but there's still a ways to go. It's been pretty straight forward for you so far but things will rapidly change soon, that's all i'll say

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.