Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by nisha.sri)
    Thanks i understand you certainly did help Could you possibly give me an example of this ? Thank you, your an angel
    Considering I don't know how many marks its worth I guess I would say "A person's lifestyle can affect their health in a number of ways, leading to chronic diseases such as heart disease. The risk of developing heart disease is greatly increased due to poor diet, lack of exercise and excessive smoking. Smoking is also a factor that could lead to high blood pressure and strokes. Poor diet is also most commonly linked to type 2 diabetes, as excessive glucose consumption means that the pancreas is unable to meet the insulin demands the body needs and subsequently stops producing it completely.". Hopefully that was enough and it hit the right points? This was my favourite biology unit can you tell?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    UPDATE 10/05/16
    A week from my exam,7 days remaining - well 6 days in 3 hours. Not much done today because i had a headache due to the rain It's incredible how the weather alters in England.

1. B1 - Immunity and questions from textbook
    2. French - vocab
    3. B1 - questions on drugs + adaptations from textbook
    4. C1 - 20 Q&A
    5. P1 - 'how science works' - textbook
    Wow you've done a lot considering you had a headache I tend to just sleep instead haha
    And I know the weather's been shocking today wish it was more like yesterday and Sunday again.
    You're definitely well on track for your exams and should have nothing to worry about
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I've finished the Community Cohesion notes now as well which means...Unit 1 is DONE!

Community Cohesion: https://getrevising.co.uk/revision-c...ity-cohesion-5

I'm halfway through Rights and Responsibilities so expect Unit 8 done by the end of the week
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    UPDATE 10/05/16
    A week from my exam,7 days remaining - well 6 days in 3 hours. Not much done today because i had a headache due to the rain It's incredible how the weather alters in England.

2. French - vocab
    4. C1 - 20 Q&A
    Well done - they're getting ever closer Hope your headache is better today
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by pinkrox22310)
    amazing grades honestly, wish I was that smart lol
    Haha thank you - I bet you are smart
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    UPDATE FOR 10/05/16
    • 30 German
    • History: Suffragists, Red Scare, WSC, Vanishing Americans
    • 30 Geography
    • Physics 1-3
    • German reading
    • ICT

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NiamhM1801)
    Considering I don't know how many marks its worth I guess I would say "A person's lifestyle can affect their health in a number of ways, leading to chronic diseases such as heart disease. The risk of developing heart disease is greatly increased due to poor diet, lack of exercise and excessive smoking. Smoking is also a factor that could lead to high blood pressure and strokes. Poor diet is also most commonly linked to type 2 diabetes, as excessive glucose consumption means that the pancreas is unable to meet the insulin demands the body needs and subsequently stops producing it completely.". Hopefully that was enough and it hit the right points? This was my favourite biology unit can you tell?
    Wow thank you very much I can tell I like this too but evolution and adaptation are my faves

ReputationRep:
    Wow you've done a lot considering you had a headache I tend to just sleep instead haha
    And I know the weather's been shocking today wish it was more like yesterday and Sunday again.
    You're definitely well on track for your exams and should have nothing to worry about
    Thank you my headache has gone now Haha i do that sometimes too
    Ikr
    Hopefully but thank you for everything
    Your an angel x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brainzistheword)
    UPDATE FOR 10/05/16
    • 30 German
    • 30 Geography
    • Physics 1-3
    • German reading
    • ICT
    Well done

ReputationRep:
    UPDATE 10/05/16

2. French - vocab
    4. C1 - 20 Q&A
    Well done! You've done well considering you had a headache! Keep up the good work!

ReputationRep:
    I've finished the Community Cohesion notes now as well which means...Unit 1 is DONE!

Community Cohesion: https://getrevising.co.uk/revision-c...ity-cohesion-5

I'm halfway through Rights and Responsibilities so expect Unit 8 done by the end of the week
    Well done! That's great that you are now on track! Hope you feel all right now. Keep up the good work!
    (Original post by brainzistheword)
    UPDATE FOR 10/05/16
    • 30 German
    • 30 Geography
    • Physics 1-3
    • German reading
    • ICT
    Well done! Keep up the good work!

ReputationRep:
    Update 10/05/2016
    As I predicted, it rained!

English literature- I don't know if this is considered as revising but I stuck post it notes on my revision guide on the important quotes and explanations I have in my book. I also read through my previous essays I have done and looked at weaknesses. I also revised the theme of racism in Anita and Me and Alfeiri in AVFB
    English language- looked at how to answer the questions in the reading paper. Got my mock results back from it and somehow, I went from a B to and A*!!
    RE- revised baptism and confession ceremony
    ICT- past paper, got an A. Looked at weaknesses
    Maths- revised rationalising the denominator, exponential functions and algebraic fractions

Also, I cleaned my desk as it was a mess!

ReputationRep:
    Update for yesterday
    (Extra revision at school)
    -revised over ict flash cards
    -learn new sociology words
    -maths -sine and cosine graphs
    -revised human relationships topic (rs)
    (At home)
    -went through a c1 paper and read examiner report (got an A*)
    -did an ICT past paper (A*)
    -and typed up some geography theme 2 notes

ReputationRep:
    Yesterday:
    Got 2x biology past papers back- A*
    Revised C4 and C6 using broadsheets
    Revised core 2 maths and finished off decision past paper
    Psychology specimen paper in class- was absolute disaster as the paper and mark scheme were full of errors so I went home and completed my own unit 1 past paper
    Business revision in class of past papers and finished marking business paper- A*
    Went to English revision on writing to persuade, worked for 20 minutes
    Completed of mice and men essay at home on George and Lennie (finally! It was due on Monday)

ReputationRep:
    Hey there, I know I'm a MASSIVE hypocrite in saying this but try not to stress if you can as its really not good - I know how hard it is though so don't worry.
    3 past papers in a night?!? That's ridiculous and no one can ever expect you to do that! Especially English papers as well as there's not even a quick fix!
    Try not to worry about it too much though as from what I've heard English is a very strong subject of yours and congratulations on the geography that's amazing!!
    Finally, you're in year 10 aren't you? It's fantastic that you're at this stage already as this time last year I was doing nowhere near as well as you so well done! But most importantly try not to get worked up over your end of year exams as at the end of the day they don't count for anything. Definitely use them as good practice for the real thing but if something (definitely not implying it will) does go wrong, try not to get upset over it but instead learn from it so it doesn't happen in your real exam!
    Chin up and don't worry about English, your teacher's being hugely unreasonable
    Thank-you, I read this message earlier and it actually really brightened my morning sorry that I wasn't able to reply straight after I had read it though! Yes, my English teacher shouted at me - telling me that it wasn't good enough, even though I struggle and have been diagnosed with serious anxiety. So, in my end of year paper - I think that in the writing task, I will write about my anxiety - maybe then she will understand. However, English is one of the main roots of my anxiety - so it realllyyy stresses me out - being that it is so subjective! Ah thanks, yeah literally for geography I just memorise the content aha!

Yes, I am in year ten - my friends all appear to be doing better than me though, and I know I shouldn't compare - but many of my teachers/ 'friends' make me feel stupid. Being in an environment of constant pressure and stress, many people at my school treat these upcoming end of year exams as the 'be all and end all!' Fair enough, that my friends who are taking their actual short course RE GCSE next week are slightly apprehensive, but the amount of pressure that we are all under is insane! I mean I read the other day, that apparently the average student in today's society is more stressed than patients in the 1950s asylums!

But yeah, thank-you for your response, it really did put me in a good mood Yes, I will try my hardest in these exams - but at the end of the day if I don't do as well as I wanted then I can make improvements - I mean I have a whole year left! At the end of the day, it's all about trying your hardest at this stage, rather than achieving straight A*'s across the board - yet.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by hannahrobinsxn)
    Thank-you, I read this message earlier and it actually really brightened my morning sorry that I wasn't able to reply straight after I had read it though! Yes, my English teacher shouted at me - telling me that it wasn't good enough, even though I struggle and have been diagnosed with serious anxiety. So, in my end of year paper - I think that in the writing task, I will write about my anxiety - maybe then she will understand. However, English is one of the main roots of my anxiety - so it realllyyy stresses me out - being that it is so subjective! Ah thanks, yeah literally for geography I just memorise the content aha!

Yes, I am in year ten - my friends all appear to be doing better than me though, and I know I shouldn't compare - but many of my teachers/ 'friends' make me feel stupid. Being in an environment of constant pressure and stress, many people at my school treat these upcoming end of year exams as the 'be all and end all!' Fair enough, that my friends who are taking their actual short course RE GCSE next week are slightly apprehensive, but the amount of pressure that we are all under is insane! I mean I read the other day, that apparently the average student in today's society is more stressed than patients in the 1950s asylums!

But yeah, thank-you for your response, it really did put me in a good mood Yes, I will try my hardest in these exams - but at the end of the day if I don't do as well as I wanted then I can make improvements - I mean I have a whole year left! At the end of the day, it's all about trying your hardest at this stage, rather than achieving straight A*'s across the board - yet.
    Aw I'm happy I brightened your day!
    I'm sorry about your anxiety, it must be hard to deal with especially with all this (highly unnecessary) added stress. I get quite nervous sometimes (especially when answering questions or talking in front of people in class) but it must be hellish with an actual diagnosed mental health issue I really do admire you for dealing with it so well and going through daily life like normal, you're really strong

Just try to ignore all the people putting you to shame about your grades - the only thing you should do is be proud of them as they and your work ethic are just fantastic and should be admired! (especially by year 11 students who just can't find motivation i.e. me)

And about those that are taking these exams very seriously - yes they are important and should be used as vital practice, but there's a difference between using them wisely and obsessive overkill. Your attitude is perfect, they're being extreme. I know they might seem like the most important things in the world but honestly, year 10 mocks count for nothing in the long run (take it from me: 4A*s 2As 2Bs 1C and 1D in year 10, they mean nothing to anyone now and I'm still on track for 7+A*s)

Good luck with them though, as I'm sure you'll do incredibly well regardless - don't listen to others who say your grades aren't good as they really are!! I wish you the best of luck with both revision and exams and look forward to you celebrating your results!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahrobinsxn)

Chill! I got more B's than A*s in year 10, and ive been predicted 10A*s for gcses (which I am sitting rn!) so don't worry! Aim for 5A*s this summer, 6 in year 11 mocks then 10 in Summer 2017! You also have a huge summer to do bits of work

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Littleone2000)
    Yesterday:
    Got 2x biology past papers back- A*
    Revised C4 and C6 using broadsheets
    Revised core 2 maths and finished off decision past paper
    Psychology specimen paper in class- was absolute disaster as the paper and mark scheme were full of errors so I went home and completed my own unit 1 past paper
    Business revision in class of past papers and finished marking business paper- A*
    Went to English revision on writing to persuade, worked for 20 minutes
    Completed of mice and men essay at home on George and Lennie (finally! It was due on Monday)
    Well done

(Original post by GCSEstudentt)
    Update for yesterday
    (Extra revision at school)
    -revised over ict flash cards
    -learn new sociology words
    -maths -sine and cosine graphs
    -revised human relationships topic (rs)
    (At home)
    -went through a c1 paper and read examiner report (got an A*)
    -did an ICT past paper (A*)
    -and typed up some geography theme 2 notes
    You've done a lot how do you manage your time?

(Original post by sahra30013)
    Update 10/05/2016
    As I predicted, it rained!

English literature- I don't know if this is considered as revising but I stuck post it notes on my revision guide on the important quotes and explanations I have in my book. I also read through my previous essays I have done and looked at weaknesses. I also revised the theme of racism in Anita and Me and Alfeiri in AVFB
    English language- looked at how to answer the questions in the reading paper. Got my mock results back from it and somehow, I went from a B to and A*!!
    RE- revised baptism and confession ceremony
    ICT- past paper, got an A. Looked at weaknesses
    Maths- revised rationalising the denominator, exponential functions and algebraic fractions

Also, I cleaned my desk as it was a mess!
    Well done with the A*. I hate the rain Keep up the hard work

ReputationRep:
    Today was productive:
    3 hours of IT (6 20 minute lessons and stayed after school)
    Began producing thorough revision cards for the 15 conflict poems- 6 down, 9 to go
    *edit: I also got a poetry response and a DNA response back, both A*s which is reassuring*
    First few questions of a French past paper- full marks as I've done before, turns out I've done all the French past papers already now
    Consolidated weak areas from a C4-6 test I had today
    And I went to a jewellers to get my bracelet altered which keeps my mum happy as well

Tomorrow I'm off to the Trafford centre to shop for prom as my mum won't get off my case and I don't want to go during exams, but I'm sure I'll enjoy it and spend plenty of unnecessary money! I'll be keeping an eye out for teacher's presents as well
    Tomorrow at school I'm off timetable all day which is a shame, everyone has GCSE maths intervention for 3 hours so I'm just staying with my teacher and she says she has some good revision planned which will be nice as my exam is next Wednesday, and for 2 hours I will be in French in preparation for the exam on Tuesday. I'm sure it will do me good to do some more focuses revision for next weeks exams as at home I'm getting lots of homework for subjects such as English and science and neglecting the first week of exams...
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I NEARLY CRIED IN ENGLISH TODAY MY TEACHER IS THE SWEETEST MAN EVER I'M SO OVERWHELMED.

Because he's taught the majority of us since year 7 he decided that he wanted to get us all an individual gift, but as this would be very expensive (there are 34 in our class) he did something even better.

HE WROTE EVERY ONE OF US A PERSONALISED GOOD LUCK CARD. AND THEYRE SO ADORABLE.

I'm honestly going to treasure it forever. He's so sweet and I'm so glad that me and a couple of friends put money together to buy some really nice gifts as he so so deserves it.

I'm currently writing thank you cards and his was the first one I did. I cried while writing it. I don't even like English but I'm genuinely going to miss him so much - I never even thought about it until today but I'll probably cry after our last lesson tomorrow too.

(Sorry for the little sort of rant but it was too cute)

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.