Insomnia/cant sleep/chat forum

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

(Original post by Grimm Reaper)
    Your live in France right? It means you fancy me lol
    I do yes :3 and I don't fancy people I never seen before ngl :lol:

(Original post by saraxh)
    It's on a YouTube documentary. If I'm bored I'd actually made a thread about it on travel.
    Do so :awesome:

:console: I think your delusional and may have started to see and feel things that are not true.

Why does everyone on this thread keep saying my avatar is cute? :sigh: it's supposed to be creepy
    i think im delusional as well :/ everything is warped in my head, i cant tell what things are and losing sense of perspective on things tbh then the dreams seem so real as well :/
    because it is cute

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrenchUnicorn)
    I do yes :3 and I don't fancy people I never seen before ngl :lol:

Oh cool it's like 3:36 right now in france, what are you doing still up lol? Don't you have college today morning?

Trust me you don't wanna see what I look like it will give you nightmares for the rest of your life. :sadnod:

Oh cool it's like 3:36 right now in france, what are you doing still up lol? Don't you have college today morning?

Trust me you don't wanna see what I look like it will give you nightmares for the rest of your life. :sadnod:
    It is :3 and college ? LOL I'm 20 =P

I'm sure you're overthinking :lovehug:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    i think im delusional as well :/ everything is warped in my head, i cant tell what things are and losing sense of perspective on things tbh then the dreams seem so real as well :/
    because it is cute

Do you think it's because your sleep deprived? Or something else?

Maybe this is you realising that something is wrong with the world. You are in fact the chosen few who are ready to escape this false reality aka the matrix and enter the real world. :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    It is :3 and college ? LOL I'm 20 =P

I'm sure you're overthinking :lovehug:

Oh sorry are you in uni then?

:hugs:

Oh sorry are you in uni then?

:hugs:
    Dw :P nope I'm in a gap year, currently at the end of it, preparing for IMAT (entrance exam for an Italian medical school ) and hopefully I'll start in less than 2 months xD if not, I shall take another gap year and enjoy my life travelling to forget about my misery :moon:
    You :3 ?

ReputationRep:
    Wasuuuuuuuuuup insomniacs

Do you think it's because your sleep deprived? Or something else?

Maybe this is you realising that something is wrong with the world. You are in fact the chosen few who are ready to escape this false reality aka the matrix and enter the real world. :mmm:
    i dont think it is sleep deprivation tbh although that may play a factor felt like this for a while tbh, just been further exasperated as havent had much social contact recently apart from online so like perspectives are being bent tbh :/
    lmmmaoo hopefully the real world will be better than this one

(Original post by Youbiyork784)
    Wasuuuuuuuuuup insomniacs
    :hello:

ReputationRep:
    Join us
    I fell asleep (whoop!) which is unusual that early
    hope you fell asleep before dawn

(Original post by LDS16)
    I fell asleep (whoop!) which is unusual that early
    hope you fell asleep before dawn
    'That early' :toofunny:
    I fell asleep around 5am :sad: (which was basically 4am UK time) but I woke up at 11 so still managed to get some sleep :mmm:

fell asleep at 7am, lol what is life

ReputationRep:
    'That early' :toofunny:
    I fell asleep around 5am :sad: (which was basically 4am UK time) but I woke up at 11 so still managed to get some sleep :mmm:
    haha I long for the days when 8pm seemed late and I couldn't even stay awake after 9 :lol:
    Oh, so do you actually live in France?
    It's so quiet at 4-5am, at least where I live (which is quite a big town), sometimes I just want to go for a walk at that time when I can't sleep
    Then I remember the high crime rates and the fact that my parents would reinforce the death penalty if they found out
    At least you got a good few hours in the end

(Original post by LDS16)
    haha I long for the days when 8pm seemed late and I couldn't even stay awake after 9 :lol:
    Oh, so do you actually live in France?
    It's so quiet at 4-5am, at least where I live (which is quite a big town), sometimes I just want to go for a walk at that time when I can't sleep
    Then I remember the high crime rates and the fact that my parents would reinforce the death penalty if they found out
    At least you got a good few hours in the end
    Yes I live on Paris :3

Lucky tuy !! I wish I could go out at 5am LOL but that's dangerous for a girl to be alone and outside in the middle of the night :afraid: :afraid:

Haha yep :P

ReputationRep:
    Yes I live on Paris :3

Lucky tuy !! I wish I could go out at 5am LOL but that's dangerous for a girl to be alone and outside in the middle of the night :afraid: :afraid:

Haha yep :P
    wow, the views over there.. :love:
    I went there once years ago, but only for the day
    I think it's dangerous for most people, who aren't hooligans or druggies, at that time tbh :afraid:
    although I went out at 2-3am in NY, it felt really safe because it's always so busy and bright, so much going on haha

So is French your second language or something?

(Original post by LDS16)
    wow, the views over there.. :love:
    I went there once years ago, but only for the day
    I think it's dangerous for most people, who aren't hooligans or druggies, at that time tbh :afraid:
    although I went out at 2-3am in NY, it felt really safe because it's always so busy and bright, so much going on haha

So is French your second language or something?
    Hahaha that's true xD

Yeah Paris is so :ahee: :ahee:
    Never been to NY but I'd love to :love:

No haha I'm a native French, English is my 3rd language :3 (Arabic is my second, because I'm part Algerian from my mother side so I got to learn it when I was visiting her family) :P

My insomnia and lack of sleep is namely put down by the interruptions that of my family and their different time clocks of getting home and doing things namely cooking up a huge dinner/breakfast or television being fairly loud for watching in the wee hours of the morning..and my highly sensitive sensors at that time of the night. To no avail of support but jest and humour I feel somewhat ignored. My dreams have become visually realistic and spooky in part. As some of the visuals of people since passed or left my life for a new and improved one supposedly leaves me dazed for the day to come. I wonder if I should make short stories out of them and put them in a book. Alas the can't sleep till gone 2am and worst 4am is due to the damn weather swirls of the UK Summer/Autumn transition. Damn it! No meds pls!!

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha that's true xD

Yeah Paris is so :ahee: :ahee:
    Never been to NY but I'd love to :love:

No haha I'm a native French, English is my 3rd language :3 (Arabic is my second, because I'm part Algerian from my mother side so I got to learn it when I was visiting her family) :P
    NY was amazing, I guess that makes up for me not going to Paris haha, at least for now..
    Sorry, your third language?
    You're telling me English is your third language when you seem to speak better than some people I've met who have English as their first, plus they (and me for that matter) don't even have a second language?!
    The most I know is about 50 words in chinese :rofl:
    Very impressive

(Original post by LDS16)
    NY was amazing, I guess that makes up for me not going to Paris haha, at least for now..
    Sorry, your third language?
    You're telling me English is your third language when you seem to speak better than some people I've met who have English as their first, plus they (and me for that matter) don't even have a second language?!
    The most I know is about 50 words in chinese :rofl:
    Very impressive
    Yes that definitely does tbh :daydreaming:

Hahaha tyvm but I'm far from speaking better than the natives :lol: I hope one day I'll be as good speakers as them tho :3
    And yes I'm in love with languages :love: I can also undertand German to some extent (but I barely speak it because I never practise :innocent: ) and I'm currently learning Italian :woo: I'd like to speak Spanish as well, it will hopefully be my next one :3

50 words is already better than me knowing 0 :lol: I think Chinese is such a cool language :ahee: but seems so hard to learn :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Yes that definitely does tbh :daydreaming:

Hahaha tyvm but I'm far from speaking better than the natives :lol: I hope one day I'll be as good speakers as them tho :3
    And yes I'm in love with languages :love: I can also undertand German to some extent (but I barely speak it because I never practise :innocent: ) and I'm currently learning Italian :woo: I'd like to speak Spanish as well, it will hopefully be my next one :3

50 words is already better than me knowing 0 :lol: I think Chinese is such a cool language :ahee: but seems so hard to learn :rofl:
    woooah, that's 5 languages you got going on there
    I really like the concept of some of the Chinese words and symbols
    for example, "belonging to" (if i remember correctly) is made up of the character for "white" and the character for "spoon"- "white spoon" that belongs to me :rofl:
    It's pretty difficult, most of the words I've learnt I can recognise from pinyin, the Chinese phonetics, rather than the actual symbols themselves.
    If I had more time I think I'd like to learn another language properly. One of the medical schools I'm thinking of wants a foreign language at GCSE or equivalent (which I haven't got), so I'm thinking of doing french sometime, since I learnt a little a few years ago
    Spoiler:
    Show
    by learnt a little I mean I can count to 20, name some colours and animals, and say "bonjour, je m'appelle..." :toofunny:

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 19, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.