Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official Cambridge Offer Holders Thread 2016 Entry MK II Watch

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medic_12345)
    Cambridge could potentially be a boring place to live for 3 (maybe more) years..
    All I could come up with

(hopefully you'll make it and this was not needed)
    I assure you, it is the complete opposite.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PhysicsIP2016)
    Haha Edexcel FP2? If so, I'm in the same boat
    Yep , my first B ever in a public exam!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serine Soul)
    I'd like a more rounded university experience thank you, like the one offered at the great bastion of knowledge, Oxford.

Ooh where are you from? I may be moving quite far from family too

:rofl:

I always think 'Prime Minister' when I see 'PM'
    I probs got a U in D1 too (._.) Doesn't help that I didn't do so well in c4 either
    East London 🙃 you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What is better to say in a personal statement:
    Triggered my intrigue or Sparked up my interest?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Protoxylic)
    I assure you, it is the complete opposite.
    I feared that may be the case, it seems so beautiful 🙈 was just trying to make myself feel better if I don't get in 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DesignPredator)
    Yep , my first B ever in a public exam!
    That moment when you have to rely on FP3 to bring your FM grade up 😒
    (Holy sh** your UMS is so good)

East London 🙃 you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Manchester, basically

(Original post by BioOx)
    Sparked my interest

ReputationRep:
    That moment when you have to rely on FP3 to bring your FM grade up 😒
    FM is fine for me (I think),as FP3, M3 and S2 went fantastically for me. But my confidence was knocked after FP2, only after FP3 and S2 could I say I have got it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DesignPredator)
    FM is fine for me (I think),as FP3, M3 and S2 went fantastically for me. But my confidence was knocked after FP2, only after FP3 and S2 could I say I have got it.
    Yeah S2 and M2 were fine for me but I would be very happy to just get an A in FM and A*s in my other two subjects tbh 😁

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BioOx)
    The choice between both phrases will make as close to no difference as possible. Stop worrying about how to word your personal statement, they are not looking for poems or literary art, they want to see your clear interest in the subject without trying to pretty it up to compensate.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    My physics supervisor told me at a supervisor's formal that he puts personal statements through an algorithm and my DoS (Natural Sciences) doesn't care for personal statements that are purposefully vamped with flowery language. Make sure it is properly worded, flows well, reads easily. That's the only thing you need to worry about in terms of formatting.

ReputationRep:
    I feared that may be the case, it seems so beautiful 🙈 was just trying to make myself feel better if I don't get in 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
    At the end of the day, it's not the end of the world. A degree will help you with your first couple graduate jobs, thereafter, a lot more weight it put on your experience. And also you could always go back for a postgrad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Protoxylic)
    At the end of the day, it's not the end of the world. A degree will help you with your first couple graduate jobs, thereafter, a lot more weight it put on your experience. And also you could always go back for a postgrad
    True, as long as I'm studying Medicine I guess it doesn't matter too much which uni it is.. But still would like to go Cambridge 🙈

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol even if I meet my offer, on results day, I'll be here barely scraped A*A*A while the thread fills up with '5A*s!!!' etc

ReputationRep:
    Lol even if I meet my offer, on results day, I'll be here barely scraped A*A*A while the thread fills up with '5A*s!!!' etc
    I was shooting for straight A*s a few months before exams, but my confidence has slipped so much I'll be happy scraping my offer now :lol:

So you won't be the only one...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mostly_Crazy)
    I was shooting for straight A*s a few months before exams, but my confidence has slipped so much I'll be happy scraping my offer now :lol:

So you won't be the only one...
    I'll be in the same boat too, I'm sure plenty will 😉

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah S2 and M2 were fine for me but I would be very happy to just get an A in FM and A*s in my other two subjects tbh 😁
    For me I depend on it in FM and Physics because chemistry is borderline as hell.

ReputationRep:
    East London 🙃 you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Reppin the ends

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    Reppin the ends

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Aha, course! 😎

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Someone in this article got rejected with A*A*A*A*A from Camb (and their insurance)
    https://www.theguardian.com/educatio...-level-results

Guess they were a mathmo, missed STEP

Looking at those grades makes my head hurt

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by krishdesai7)
    To me this seems like one of those cases where the applicant is bright but isn't actually good enough to focus all their effort on one subject to get really good at it so just spends lots of time padding it out with random A levels. I mean it reminds me of those occasional stories of 12 year olds who do a gcse or a level and then people jump to the conclusion that they are much better than most other A level candidates whereas they are just ahead compared to the average 14 year old for instance. Not to say 5 good A levels isn't impressive, just that the Guardian probably doesn't understand the difference between that and having 4 A levels and 3 STEP grades like the average maths applicant

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.