Summer 2017 Applications

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    on the BAML application, for the question that says 'please describe the function of the division you have selected' does it mean the program i.e. corporate and investment banking, or does it mean the specific division that you select as your preference?

ReputationRep:
    Did you do it? What sort of questions did they ask? I've been invited to sit for one within 5 days and have no clue what to expect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexjones1994)
    I don't think they had them in the first place bud. I wouldn't rule it out from being involved in their business insight stages though. Look at the skills they are looking for here: 'Numerical Interpreter' and 'Critical Analyst' so they could be hint bombs but I seriously doubt it.

http://joinus.barclays.com/emea/appl...and-selection/
    Did you do it? What sort of questions did they ask? I've been invited to sit for one within 5 days and have no clue what to expect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    I love how you're just casually getting interviews for the most competitive roles at the most competitive banks/firms and to boot in the most competitive location..

What's your secret?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I got rejected from every single spring week hahah and then re assed how I was going about things. Spent 100's of hours on linkedin reaching out to at least 1,000 people met about 30 people worth my while who gave me great advice and then did an internship part time at a BDO in first semester, then I sent at least 100 emails out trying to do an internship for easter and managed to get an interview for a MM PE and nailed and went in for 2 weeks. Then reached out to so many trying for a summer internship but no luck, until I met one guy clicked with him real well and got into a 3 bill PE fund for the summer and I'm now starting in Blackstone doing part time for the year I think it's a matter of perseverance more than anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ESTATEREAL)
    I got rejected from every single spring week hahah and then re assed how I was going about things. Spent 100's of hours on linkedin reaching out to at least 1,000 people met about 30 people worth my while who gave me great advice and then did an internship part time at a BDO in first semester, then I sent at least 100 emails out trying to do an internship for easter and managed to get an interview for a MM PE and nailed and went in for 2 weeks. Then reached out to so many trying for a summer internship but no luck, until I met one guy clicked with him real well and got into a 3 bill PE fund for the summer and I'm now starting in Blackstone doing part time for the year I think it's a matter of perseverance more than anything.
    Now THAT is a background story. Love it mate, keep pushing on!

Makes a hell of a lot of sense now ahaha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The GS video interview is not as bad as one might imagine. The virtual aspect isn't too bad but I think it's quite difficult to keep looking at the camera. As well as that the questions are a bit cheesy to the extent no human would ask such crap, you have to think on your feet as there like tell me about a time you had two homework assignments to do but had to choose one, what was the outcome etc. Like I had to ******** as I cannot recall being in such a situation before!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stealth_writer)
    Have you done the citi tests?
    Nope! I think they had a problem with my app, as they couldn't see the attachments...

(Original post by Deltasierra27)
    When did you apply & Which division?
    IBD, applied late august

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know whether Moelis does any underwriting?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ox2018)
    Does anyone know whether Moelis does any underwriting?
    They're an advisory and asset management house, so no they don't underwrite on capital markets.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    They're an advisory and asset management house, so no they don't underwrite on capital markets.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Alright thanks, they described themselves as an Independent Investment Bank and they do have a capital market's desk. So was not sure whether that was purely an advisory capital market desk or whether they actually did any underwriting. So thanks for your reply.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Turing)
    Barclays Insight 1 just took me 5 hours ffs

How worried should I be about the online interview? I've heard it's the worst thing since Brexit?
    What sort of stuff do they ask? I have no clue how to prepare for this. Is it SHL or something - the numerical tests?

ReputationRep:
    Alright thanks, they described themselves as an Independent Investment Bank and they do have a capital market's desk. So was not sure whether that was purely an advisory capital market desk or whether they actually did any underwriting. So thanks for your reply.
    Yh, cap markets advisory. No worries.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Boutiques have very small balance sheets and the biggest asset they probs own is their building so they'd be screwed if they underwrite

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dasu95)
    Boutiques have very small balance sheets and the biggest asset they probs own is their building so they'd be screwed if they underwrite

Posted from TSR Mobile
    you can underwrite-to-distribute. something which jefferies does.

I believe Roth also does IPOs sometimes.
    as for Moelis, I'm pretty sure they don't.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone had the following error message come up when trying to complete the Morgan Stanley tests?

APPLICATION CENTER

There has been a problem contacting the test provider please try again later
    2017 Investment Banking & Global Capital Markets Summer Analyst Programme (London): Application Update

TESTS LEFT TO COMPLETE
    • Numerical reasoning test
    NO TESTS COMPLETE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by savonarola)
    you can underwrite-to-distribute. something which jefferies does.

I believe Roth also does IPOs sometimes.
    as for Moelis, I'm pretty sure they don't.
    jefferies is different though, they're a full service bank with an S&T team

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Amazing story mate

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ESTATEREAL)
    Amazing story mate

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by econ400)
    Has anyone had the following error message come up when trying to complete the Morgan Stanley tests?

APPLICATION CENTER

2017 Investment Banking & Global Capital Markets Summer Analyst Programme (London): Application Update

TESTS LEFT TO COMPLETE
    NO TESTS COMPLETE
    I was about to do the BAML SJT and this came up "
    There has been a problem contacting the test provider please try again later "

As if the tests werent cu- nty enough

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by econ400)

APPLICATION CENTER

TESTS LEFT TO COMPLETE
    NO TESTS COMPLETE
    My 48 hour time limit is tonight and this won't load ;((((

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 3, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.