The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2560
Yay offer from Northampton... CDC... should be easy enough to get.... yay!!
elwoodc
Lol wf!
I just got a second acknowledgement from Exeter saying that my appilcation "is currently still under considerastion and we'll give you a decision soon"

... this is one week after I got an offer from them :p:

I got that too. It was identical to the one they sent me weeks ago. It didn't even make it sound like my application had changed at all. I have not had an offer from yet though so I was not amused especially after I got my hopes up when I saw the email.

Also, I have seen someone with an offer for my course at Warwick. Please, please, please will someone just give me a decision. Nearly 8 weeks and the only offer is from my 4th choice uni while people from my school who sent theirs under two weeks ago have 3/4 offers. I used to enjoy reading this thread when it was a bunch of us moaning about lack of offers. Now everytime it updates it just reminds me that I am not wanted. Please someone moan with me!
ABB for Southampton. Less of a sexy offer compared to York

Come on Bristol. Talk to me!!!!
Reply 2563
coolh5000
I got that too. It was identical to the one they sent me weeks ago. It didn't even make it sound like my application had changed at all. I have not had an offer from yet though so I was not amused especially after I got my hopes up when I saw the email.

Also, I have seen someone with an offer for my course at Warwick. Please, please, please will someone just give me a decision. Nearly 8 weeks and the only offer is from my 4th choice uni while people from my school who sent theirs under two weeks ago have 3/4 offers. I used to enjoy reading this thread when it was a bunch of us moaning about lack of offers. Now everytime it updates it just reminds me that I am not wanted. Please someone moan with me!

oooh that must be so annoying :frown: :console:

Honestly, I'm sure that you'll hear soon,
And when you do hear you'll probably get all 3 in one day!
I wouldn't look into it much, it's probably because your course is quote popular and so they have lots of applications to look through.. :smile:
Reply 2564
coolh5000

Lol she has an interview at Cambridge, why is she even moaning.
Oxy
Lol she has an interview at Cambridge, why is she even moaning.

Because an interview at Cambridge is not the only thing worth living for and is most definitely not an automatic pass to university. I am most likely not going to get in there - it would be nice to at least know that either Wawick or Newcastle, which are my more realistic top two choices would like to give me a place.

And elwoodc, thank you :smile: That would be a truly amazing day if all three came at once.
Reply 2566
coolh5000
Because an interview at Cambridge is not the only thing worth living for and is most definitely not an automatic pass to university. I am most likely not going to get in there - it would be nice to at least know that either Wawick or Newcastle, which are my more realistic top two choices would like to give me a place.

And elwoodc, thank you :smile: That would be a truly amazing day if all three came at once.

No problem, good luck! :smile:

Universities like torturing us by replying in the reverse order we'd like to go to them... :p:
And same here- Cambridge is just a 'what if' choice for me as well, I don't expect to get in, I want Durham to reply!! *sulks* lol
Reply 2567
Harvah
Don't worry, I have an interview there on the 8th so I'll tell you the answers :rolleyes:

Seriously though, just read your personal statement and make sure you can talk about anything you wrote. Other than that just be really (embarassingly) enthusiastic! QUOTE]

Thx mate! :woo: I'm slightly more calm now :yep:
what college have you applied to and for which course?
Good Luck to you too!!!
elwoodc
No problem, good luck! :smile:

Universities like torturing us by replying in the reverse order we'd like to go to them... :p:
And same here- Cambridge is just a 'what if' choice for me as well, I don't expect to get in, I want Durham to reply!! *sulks* lol

I love how my top 4 are now likely to reply in reverse order...makes the whole thing much more exciting, and you appreciate each and every one (that is, if they're good news...). So, first York on Halloween, then an interview at Imperial, but Bristol slipped in there before have Imperial said anything. Hopefully will hear from Imperial next week (please be good news!) before hopefully (PLEASE!) getting an interview at Oxford and then (PRETTY PLEASE!) getting a place sometime before Christmas (PLEASE!). *Puff* excited rant. However, poor Durham is my last choice, so if I hear happy things from Imperial/Oxford, they won't be able to barge the incumbant favourite offer out of the way like my others have done/hopefully will.
Reply 2569
magicbuspass
It might happen

I have so been wanting an offer that I have been praying :p:

How long did it take to get your acknowledgement from Kent?

Got my first reply, was dreading the first one to be a rejection but no it was an offer from Aberystwyth, 280 ucas points needed:biggrin:
offer from Aston today! AAB, not that i'll get that hmmm not sure what to do, i could make it my firm and then have something lower as insurance.
come on manchester mettttt!!
UEA offer today, however I was a bit bummed it was AAB (the range is AAB-ABB). Means I could have played tactics with my UCAS a bit better, as I can still substitute choices, but oh well! Pleased to have it anyway :smile: Tactics probably shouldn't come too much into consideration haha
Olie
How long did it take to get your acknowledgement from Kent?

Got my first reply, was dreading the first one to be a rejection but no it was an offer from Aberystwyth, 280 ucas points needed:biggrin:

MY PRAYERS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED!!!

Incidentally I have just got a bloomin' offer from Kent - I am so happy I could cry :biggrin: It's asking me to obtain a minimum of 300 UCAS Tariff points including
2 Bs at A-Level.

I sent mine off [Well my Referee did] last Monday.
Reply 2573
Well bloomin' done :biggrin:
I HAVE ALL MY OFFERS NOW!!!
Portsmouth maths 240
portsmouth stats 240
surrey maths ABB
Surrey stats ABB
Southampton maths ABB
I have to reply by 4th may
LSE conditional offer for law! :biggrin:
Reply 2576
purple-girl
Ahhh, congrats! I got that letter too, last week-I assume you went to the open day on the 19th, or didn't you go to any? Track hasn't updated for me yet, unfortunately...starting to get more annoying than anything-I want that offer, dammit! Hopefully it'll update soon, but I have a feeling they're gonna wait till all the visit days are over with...eeee!

Ohhh, and I see you've also applied to Trevs at Durham, for NatSci! Heard anything from them yet? I'm kinda annoyed with them too, after some colleges have already given out offers for NatSci...

Nope, didn't go to an open day. And haven't heard anything from Durham. But it's ok, I'm just happy that I've got (or will have) one! I've been on tenderhooks ever since I applied a month ago, it's just good to finally have something! Are you applying to physical or biological natsci course?
Eimky
Nope, didn't go to an open day. And haven't heard anything from Durham. But it's ok, I'm just happy that I've got (or will have) one! I've been on tenderhooks ever since I applied a month ago, it's just good to finally have something! Are you applying to physical or biological natsci course?

Ah well, I guess coming from Ireland it wouldn't've been easy to get to Bath for the day! And that's reassuring about Durham-hopefully we'll hear from them (and Bath!) soon. And yeah, it is good that they have basically given us offers, even if it's not all official yet. Although I do already have 2 offers, they're my 4th and 5th choices! Good luck with your other applications :smile:.

And I'm applying for Biological NatSci. I assume you're the same, as you're applying for Biology at your other options?
Reply 2578
theorangecab
LSE conditional offer for law! :biggrin:

hey congrats!

and a fellow AP'er too!!
that's a lot of 5's for lse lol but you can do it :smile:
My application was processed on the 27th, got my first offer from teesside for psychology yesterday :smile: only 4 more to go!

Latest

Trending

Trending