The Student Room Group

The "waiting for news is driving me crazy" uberthread 2011-12

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
Original post by Chique
If anyone's interested in response times for Bath: my application was sent off 6th Oct and I got a reply 14th Oct :smile:

Now just have to wait for the others...:s-smilie:

What subject for? (Is it a subject that generally interviews) :smile:
Reply 241
Original post by AmberCD
What subject for? (Is it a subject that generally interviews) :smile:

It was for Maths, and I don't think they do interviews (at least I hope they don't) :smile:
does anyone know how long the uni's I've applied for generally take to reply?
Reply 243
Anyone feeling slightly optimistic that as tomorrow is a work day there might be a few more offers given out? I just want one to keep me going... One tiny little conditional *cough*Cambridgepreferably*cough* so that I know my application wasn't a complete dud!

*I know Cambridge won't give conditionals without interview..
Reply 244
Original post by Chique
It was for Maths, and I don't think they do interviews (at least I hope they don't) :smile:

Ok cheers.. hopefully mine is taking longer as it's a subject they interview for :frown:
looking forward to acknowledgements (and offers) this week!! woot :biggrin:
I'm so stressed! My application's been 'awaiting approval' for 5 days. I just logged back it to check it gain, and now it's back to 'reference is in progress'. I SENT IT TWO WEEKS AGO. -_-
Reply 247
Original post by brokenlogic18
Yeah my A-levels are BBC which I don't think is bad at all, I could get into a lot of universities with those grades, but I've got my sights set a little higher so I'm expecting some conditional offers asking me to pass my diploma. I'll probably firm them and then I'm expecting at least one unconditional offer which I will make my insurance. Of course this is all hypothetical atm :tongue:

they're not bad at all! :smile: seems like you have it all sorted though which is good, have you found the whole UCAS thing easier second time round? Or about the same? :L
Original post by NaturalAndReal
I'm so stressed! My application's been 'awaiting approval' for 5 days. I just logged back it to check it gain, and now it's back to 'reference is in progress'. I SENT IT TWO WEEKS AGO. -_-

tell your school to send it off for God's sake!!! D: if I were you I'd spam my referee's email
Original post by wren94
they're not bad at all! :smile: seems like you have it all sorted though which is good, have you found the whole UCAS thing easier second time round? Or about the same? :L

It's definately easier. I also much preffered applying as an individual, I felt more in control.

Where are you applying? :smile:
Original post by desy.kris
tell your school to send it off for God's sake!!! D: if I were you I'd spam my referee's email

Trust me, I have been. I'm sure she's sick of me by now! XD
They've said it should be sent by tomorrow... FINALLY.
Reply 251
Original post by brokenlogic18
It's definately easier. I also much preffered applying as an individual, I felt more in control.

Where are you applying? :smile:

(Y) :smile: I'm applying for Bristol, Cambridge, York, Cardiff and Surrey, all for Music :smile:
Remember that your schools will have been busy dealing with the early deadline applicants for the last few weeks. These people HAD to get their applications done whereas you guys have got another three months.

If it were the other way around I highly doubt you'd be impressed as an Oxbridge/medicine candidate if your application ended up being late or your teacher had less time to help you because they were prioritising people who still had months to apply. Remember, teachers have so much other stuff going on in their professional and personal lives. Your UCAS application is one tiny part of all of the responsibilities they have and when it comes down to it, whether your application goes now or in a few weeks doesn't make any difference. If your PS is good then it will always be good. Even when it does get sent all that will happen then is that you'll spend the next 7 months refreshing track for 5 words to change. Its a long long process - if you stress yourself out now before you've even begun you will not survive in a healthy way until next August.

I know its difficult and feels like its the end of the world. But it isn't - good luck :smile:
Trust me, I have been. I'm sure she's sick of me by now! XD
They've said it should be sent by tomorrow... FINALLY.

lol yay :biggrin: I hope it will actually be sent tomorrow :smile: good luck!
Original post by desy.kris
lol yay :biggrin: I hope it will actually be sent tomorrow :smile: good luck!

I've just logged in to check it, and it looks like it's being processed :tongue:
I'm so much calmer, haha...

Any idea how long it might take to process?
Reply 255
I've just logged in to check it, and it looks like it's being processed :tongue:
I'm so much calmer, haha...

Any idea how long it might take to process?

A few days at most; however, you will not see on the Apply pages when it is processed.
I still have no offers

:nothing:
Original post by TheJ0ker
I still have no offers

:nothing:

Same - not too surprised to be honest but quite annoying, I just want to know if I have been rejected or accepted now! I have a feeling I will be waiting a long time for offers :rolleyes:
I wish I was less ambitious with my choices now... I'm not up for doing a third year at my college
(edited 12 years ago)
i would just like a response from at least one uni :P its killing me now!

Quick Reply

Latest