Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CertifiedAngel)
    In non-cyclic phosphorylation the electrons lost by PSII DONT go back to the chlorophyll a (P680) molecule. The electrons in PSII are lost, attach to electron acceptors which passes the electrons along a chain of elecron carriers. Light strikes PSI - it emits a pair of elctrons (becomes unstable) and electrons from PSII replace the ones lost by PS1 chrophyll a (P700).

The elctrons lost by chrophyll a of PS11 (P680) don't go back to the chlorophyll a (P680) molecule hence it being non-cyclic. They go to the chrophyll a molecule of PSI (P700)

Hope this helps x
    still all confusing, because why does Ps2(P680) need to replace those electrons lost by PS1(P700) when in fact according to the book it hasn't lost anything since the electrons come back to the chlorophyll from which they were lost.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Remarqable M)
    still all confusing, because why does Ps2(P680) need to replace those electrons lost by PS1(P700) when in fact according to the book it hasn't lost anything since the electrons come back to the chlorophyll from which they were lost.

what happens in non cyclic proccess is that first light hits ps2 and it causes excitation of electron to higher energy level and onto electron transport chaing. the flow of elecrons along the E.T.C provides energery to pum protons etc which produce atp. the final electron accpeted passes electron onto chlorophyll a molecule at p700 reaction centre.

now ligh also hits ps1 and same thing happens but as the electrons flow along E.T.C they are accepted by NADP Molecule and photolysis in ps2 provides hydrogen to comine with electrons to from reduced nadp.
    in the book the cyclic proccess is simplified but what you need to know is electrons from ps2 chlorophyl molecule gives up the electrons to ps1 clorophyll molecule.

photolysis in ps2 provides electron to replace those given up to ps1.

message me if this is not yet clear

ReputationRep:
    how is everyone feeling in general????

ReputationRep:
    Not good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liverpool F.C.™)
    Not good.
    Why whats up???any particular topics???
    is there any thing i can do to help???

p.s LIVERPOOL!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MadMaths)
    Why whats up???any particular topics???
    is there any thing i can do to help???

p.s LIVERPOOL!!!
    No but thanks for asking.

Just the general feeling of fear of what is going to be in the paper, as far the revision has gone I think I've covered everything.

ReputationRep:
    is everyone familiar with the words gluconeogenesis, glycogenolysis, glycogenesis???

ReputationRep:
    what does bile do? emulsifies fats....and neatrulise right?

ReputationRep:
    This is a nice little thread

ReputationRep:
    Basically what happens in Light-dependent stage is as following:
    Photosystems are arrangement of cholorphyll molecule and other pigments packed in thylakoids.Photosystem one uses chlolphyll a in the form P700, ps2 uses p680.(these being in the reaction centre)
    Cyclic photophosphorylation:
    Involves PS1 and only ATP is made.Photon gets absorbed by the PS1, here at the reaction centre one of the electrons gets excited (unstable) such that it leaves ps1 and goes onto the cytochromes (electron trasnport chain).The electron starts being high energetic but as it flows through the chain, it keeps giving out its energy which results in the making of ATP (photophosprylation).The de-excited electrons gets recycled back into ps1.
    Non-Cyclic Photophosphorylation ere PS1 and PS2 both take part.ATP and red.NAD is used as well.(I remember my tutor telling us in the lesson that contrary to what the book states that there is an enzyme which does photolysis <--- wrong! it does , somehow the h20 becomes instable and stays like that).Here electron gets excited in PS2, as a result it it goes through (ETC) as well but these electrons dont get recycled instead they go back to PS1 .Electrons in ps1 are not used to make atp instead they help in oxidising NAD.So as water breaks , it gives hydrogen ions and electron + oxygen.The hydrogen ions are taken up by NADP,electrons goes into ps2.O2 diffuses out.
    Hopefully it makes sense

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MG.GULED)
    what happens in non cyclic proccess is that first light hits ps2 and it causes excitation of electron to higher energy level and onto electron transport chaing. the flow of elecrons along the E.T.C provides energery to pum protons etc which produce atp. the final electron accpeted passes electron onto chlorophyll a molecule at p700 reaction centre.

now ligh also hits ps1 and same thing happens but as the electrons flow along E.T.C they are accepted by NADP Molecule and photolysis in ps2 provides hydrogen to comine with electrons to from reduced nadp.
    in the book the cyclic proccess is simplified but what you need to know is electrons from ps2 chlorophyl molecule gives up the electrons to ps1 clorophyll molecule.

photolysis in ps2 provides electron to replace those given up to ps1.

message me if this is not yet clear
    Thanks this makes it clear

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibysaiyan)
    (I remember my tutor telling us in the lesson that contrary to what the book states that there is an enzyme which does photolysis <--- wrong! it does , somehow the h20 becomes instable and stays like that).Here electron gets excited in PS2, as a result it it goes through (ETC) as well but these electrons dont get recycled instead they go back to PS1 .Electrons in ps1 are not used to make atp instead they help in oxidising NAD.So as water breaks , it gives hydrogen ions and electron + oxygen.The hydrogen ions are taken up by NADP,electrons goes into ps2.O2 diffuses out.
    Hopefully it makes sense
    i hate to tell you this, but your teacher is correct because hydrolysis of water is catalysed by enzmes which we don't have to worry about and just have to accept that hydrolysis takes place in photosystem 2.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MadMaths)
    is everyone familiar with the words gluconeogenesis, glycogenolysis, glycogenesis???
    :yes:
    gluconeogenesis: synthesis of glucose from amino acid/lipid.
    glycogenesis:ermm isnt that when glucose gets phophorylated and cant go through the GLUT4 proteins and under the work of glukinase ( becomes glycogen) ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Remarqable M)
    i hate to tell you this, but your teacher is correct because hydrolysis of water is catalysed by enzmes which we don't have to worry about and just have to accept that hydrolysis takes place in photosystem 2.
    sorry had a typo there , major one LOL i meant to say that there is no such enzyme for photolysis according to my tutor unlike the book .:cool:

ReputationRep:
    Oh! people, dont forget the pregnany test kit as well :P , communal antibodies , Patient control region, gold isotopes ermm and procedural control region.

ReputationRep:
    Can somebody some up the control of heart rate for me, the nervous system and hormonal responses involved?, im a bit confused by it. The homeostasis section is soo long relatively simple but long

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by conorf199)
    Can somebody some up the control of heart rate for me, the nervous system and hormonal responses involved?, im a bit confused by it. The homeostasis section is soo long relatively simple but long
    wil be up soon let me just finish respiration first

ReputationRep:
    Oh! people, dont forget the pregnany test kit as well :P , communal antibodies , Patient control region, gold isotopes ermm and procedural control region.
    thx for remind me that will post notes on it too

ReputationRep:
    :yes:
    gluconeogenesis: synthesis of glucose from amino acid/lipid.
    glycogenesis:ermm isnt that when glucose gets phophorylated and cant go through the GLUT4 proteins and under the work of glukinase ( becomes glycogen) ?
    Gluconeogenesis: is glucose from a different source such as amino acids like you said
    Glycogenolysis: is the the break down of glycogen into glucose
    Glycogenesis: is the build up of glycogen from glucose

ReputationRep:
    yep i definetly need to familiarise with that....it can either be gold or blue depending on the brand....plus explanation of each book (biology 1:gold)(ocr biology: blue) dont forget about gas chromatography...vaporisation with the aid of a solvent to deduce the amount of time taking for the anabolic steroid to be held in the absorbtion agent.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 7, 2016

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.