Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by felt_monkey)
    I always laugh when a non-medicine applicant wonders over here confused :p:.

I'm really worried they're not going to send out any more interviews. Especially if they're shifting people around because they have empty slots on certain days. Why don't they just invite some more to interview? And it's not a case that they haven't got to our applications yet, 'cause they've ranked everyone. I just really want an interview
    uuuh! They have ranked everyone? That can't be comforting, coz it means all those left were the ones who scored low, right?

:mad: not happy!

Good luck felt_monkey .... and R4nd0m on Friday!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by onebleach3)
    Thats true, calling social services would give extra stress but it would ensure the child is not being abused, which is the most important issue in the grand scheme of things. I also agree that taking notes of the child's condition is a very good idea.

Now thinking about it, this question is not really a discussion of whether or not to call social services but to acknowledge the fact that it will affect their family, so lets try answering this question with this in mind.

So, if social services do find something is wrong and the child is being abused, it may cause the separation of the family, which could be a good and bad thing. Good because its now less likely the child would be abused and now can lead a relatively normal life, but bad because theres still no guarantee that the child would stop being abused, especially if hes put in a foster home and also the child would be left without his biological father which could manifest itself in personality disorders when the child grows up.
    If however social services do not find anything wrong, the family may request to have another doctor when they next visit the surgery (would they know it was the doctor who phoned social services?) but it wouldnt matter as long as you have done your duty as a doctor and as a person.

Im not entirely sure if this the right way to go about it, or if my statement was even remotely 'correct', so if anyone else could verify, that would be great.
    Calls to social services can be anonymous, I just checked.

I think you have to go down that route. The child's immediate safety is the most important thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Andrew_)
    Sorry, I'm rather incoherant tonight (I've actually been incoherent since I stepped into my first interview at Cambridge)Hopefully normal speech should return soon. Lol, how comes?

Haha! You don't want to know why.. I wonder if he has posted on TSR yet... He said he would. =S
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by medstar)
    uuuh! They have ranked everyone? That can't be comforting, coz it means all those left were the ones who scored low, right?

:mad: not happy!

Good luck felt_monkey .... and R4nd0m on Friday!
    And good luck to you :yep:.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I have an interview soon and I know a bit about the OSCE style interview but the main question I want to know is whether they a) have access to my PS and b) whether they question me on it? Cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HelloPinky123)
    Hey guys, I have an interview soon and I know a bit about the OSCE style interview but the main question I want to know is whether they a) have access to my PS and b) whether they question me on it? Cheers
    Apparantly one of the interviewers does. I don't think they specifically question you on it. This is from a girl I know who got in last year.

ReputationRep:
    Interview Friday *Panics* Oh crap, I'm getting scared I just have a horrible feeling that I'm going to go horribly wrong at one of the stations....

ReputationRep:
    Interview Friday *Panics* Oh crap, I'm getting scared I just have a horrible feeling that I'm going to go horribly wrong at one of the stations....
    If in the unlikely case that does happen, you'd be safe as you'd be starting afresh with the next stations, and the interviewer would be different. So you'd be able to get passed the tumble without further questions by the next interviewer. The positives of this type of interview. =D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by munim)
    If in the unlikely case that does happen, you'd be safe as you'd be starting afresh with the next stations, and the interviewer would be different. So you'd be able to get passed the tumble without further questions by the next interviewer. The positives of this type of interview. =D

...I just hope I get okay questions...I'm going to actually kill myself if it goes as bad as Cambridge

ReputationRep:
    Are you morning? If you are, tell me what you look like and we can say an awkward hello.

ReputationRep:
    ...I just hope I get okay questions...I'm going to actually kill myself if it goes as bad as Cambridge
    Ahhh... Just shush! Positive thinking! Don't think about Cambridge for the next few days. Just UEA!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R4nd0m)
    Are you morning? If you are, tell me what you look like and we can say an awkward hello.
    I'm in the afternoon. However, a guy called Toby is also in the morning so you will see him

How are you feeling about it, yo?

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the afternoon. However, a guy called Toby is also in the morning so you will see him

How are you feeling about it, yo?
    Not too bad to be honest. In a way I am quite looking forward to it. I have been reading and preparing and I just think that going in their and being honest is the best policy. I work quite well under pressure generally and I think I will be able to give some good answers and arguments.

Hey, they either like me or they don't. I will just do my best.

ReputationRep:
    Not too bad to be honest. In a way I am quite looking forward to it. I have been reading and preparing and I just think that going in their and being honest is the best policy. I work quite well under pressure generally and I think I will be able to give some good answers and arguments.

Hey, they either like me or they don't. I will just do my best.
    After you're done with your way of thinking, can you lend it to Andrew please? I think he needs it. =P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by munim)
    After you're done with your way of thinking, can you lend it to Andrew please? I think he needs it. =P
    Sure, I'll leave it in an envelope marked "Andrew" at the UEA. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Sure, I'll leave it in an envelope marked "Andrew" at the UEA. :p:

Thanks. Be sure to leave your address so can post it back to you. =P

ReputationRep:
    Still no rejection or interview..
    The waiting game carries on for me.. y cant they just start to inform people that they have been unsuccessful?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phd)
    Still no rejection or interview..
    The waiting game carries on for me.. y cant they just start to inform people that they have been unsuccessful?!
    Because you might not be unsuccessful.. Don't think negative, not until you've got something negative from the uni to be negative about. Hopefully that doesn't happen to any of us though. =]

ReputationRep:
    y cant they just start to inform people that they have been unsuccessful?!
    i have today bad times.

ReputationRep:
    Just got rejected from East Anglia

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 27, 2013

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.