ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Failure By Design)
    Thanks for the help!
    When did they send off their UCAS?
    Please don't say it's the same person with a Bristol interview :p:
    No problem

I think it was on the 12th.

Nah,the person who got a Bristol interview sent his UCAS off early September.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SyedT)
    No problem

I think it was on the 12th.

Nah,the person who got a Bristol interview sent his UCAS off early September.
    Phew, it would be hard to compete against another strong Bristol applicant for BSMS too :p: so again SyedT saves the day!

Btw, where have you applied? I've seen you post in the BMAT thread I think (sorry if all of this info is in your profile and I haven't bothered to look... :o:) I wish you the best of luck with it.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Phew, it would be hard to compete against another strong Bristol applicant for BSMS too :p: so again SyedT saves the day!

Btw, where have you applied? I've seen you post in the BMAT thread I think (sorry if all of this info is in your profile and I haven't bothered to look... :o:) I wish you the best of luck with it.
    Call me Syed :p:

I've applied to Imperial,King's,Bristol and HYMS My info isn't in my profile,way too lazy to type it all out What about you?

Thanks,best of luck to you too :top:

ReputationRep:
    Guys please help me... my school didnt know that there were A* grades available from the edexcel board this year for A-levels... Is it possible for the school to email the universities and ask them to amend my predicted grades???? pls help!!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by persian2845)
    Guys please help me... my school didnt know that there were A* grades available from the edexcel board this year for A-levels... Is it possible for the school to email the universities and ask them to amend my predicted grades???? pls help!!
    I think it can be done...your school will need to ring them up directly and ask them to sort it all out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SyedT)
    Call me Syed :p:

I've applied to Imperial,King's,Bristol and HYMS My info isn't in my profile,way too lazy to type it all out What about you?

Thanks,best of luck to you too :top:
    I applied to Bristol, BSMS, Newcastle and UCL. Thanks, I'm gonna need all of the luck I can get for the BMAT :o:

Btw, when is your friend being interviewed for BSMS?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I applied to Bristol, BSMS, Newcastle and UCL. Thanks, I'm gonna need all of the luck I can get for the BMAT :o:

Btw, when is your friend being interviewed for BSMS?
    Me too :five:

18th of November,he's crapped himself multiple times already

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SyedT)
    Me too :five:

18th of November,he's crapped himself multiple times already
    I can imagine :p:
    He's lucky but he's unlucky too
    Must be one hell of an applicant though :o:

Glad to see I'm not the only one who doesn't want to hear from my unis anytime soon, was beginning to think I'm weird for not wanting interviews at this stage (love my unis but please stay away and don't contact me anytime soon early January interviews would be ideal - I'm not an A-level student so I don't have January exams to worry about - my personal hell starts in early March :yep:)
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I can imagine :p:
    He's lucky but he's unlucky too
    Must be one hell of an applicant though :o:

Glad to see I'm not the only one who doesn't want to hear from my unis anytime soon, was beginning to think I'm weird for not wanting interviews at this stage (love my unis but please stay away and don't contact me anytime soon early January interviews would be ideal - I'm not an A-level student so I don't have January exams to worry about - my personal hell starts in early March :yep:)
    Yeah,he's quite a good applicant :yes:

Oh right,are you applying for Graduate Entry? I'd rather have my interviews later too,but not on my exam dates :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SyedT)
    Yeah,he's quite a good applicant :yes:

Oh right,are you applying for Graduate Entry? I'd rather have my interviews later too,but not on my exam dates :lolwut:
    No, I'm studying the IB instead of A-levels as I'm not from the UK (I'm still a home student though).
    It would be a disaster to have interviews on or near exam dates :woo:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    No, I'm studying the IB instead of A-levels as I'm not from the UK (I'm still a home student though).
    It would be a disaster to have interviews on or near exam dates :woo:
    Ah,my bad

Definitely...studying for exams+interview stress=mental breakdown.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SyedT)
    Ah,my bad

Definitely...studying for exams+interview stress=mental breakdown.
    The recipe for saying dumb things in interviews :o: it has the right combination of stress and fear :p:

With Imperial (and UCL for me), you're safe until December atleast. That's the only positive aspect of having to do the BMAT

On another note, I wonder whether unis (or specifically BSMS and Bristol, they're the ones I applied to that have sent out interview invites) screen and mark applications in the order they received them. If it's done by order, then BSMS have probably seen my application (sent it in the 9th) and decided to not interview me now (or possibly ever :o:) as they've sent to people who sent in UCAS later (like your friend).
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    The recipe for saying dumb things in interviews :o: it has the right combination of stress and fear :p:

With Imperial (and UCL for me), you're safe until December atleast. That's the only positive aspect of having to do the BMAT

On another note, I wonder whether unis (or specifically BSMS and Bristol, they're the ones I applied to that have sent out interview invites) screen and mark applications in the order they received them. If it's done by order, then BSMS have probably seen my application (sent it in ) and decided to not interview me now (or possibly ever :o:) as they've sent to people who sent in UCAS later (like your friend).
    :yes:

Yeah,but sometimes I wish I could just get it done and over with :indiff:

That could be true...you have to appreciate that they'll be VERY busy,so your application might just be held up if they don't check them in order.

ReputationRep:
    Ha!

Whenever I read that someone has an interview, I always check my Email and Track!

BSMS are giving out interviews?!?!?!?!

I sent mine off on the 13th.
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    (Original post by Chunkeymonkey62)
    Ha!

Whenever I read that someone has an interview, I always check my Email and Track!

BSMS are giving out interviews?!?!?!?!

I sent mine off on the 13th.
    Interviews don't come up on Track.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piece_by_piece)
    Interviews don't come up on Track.
    I know but I get excited! :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SyedT)
    :yes:

Yeah,but sometimes I wish I could just get it done and over with :indiff:

That could be true...you have to appreciate that they'll be VERY busy,so your application might just be held up if they don't check them in order.
    True, though I'm not that nervous about this right now (I'll start panicking when I've got 3 rejections and am waiting on my last choice :yep:)

Yeah, I understand how you feel. Now that I think about it I should be careful with what I wish for as UCL interview people until they've run out of offers so being scheduled for an interview can be bad as they tend to reject people by masses when they've reached that point (usually happens in late February - early March I think)

I'm glad I've realised that checking Track is worthless. Any updates will be sent to your email, though that doesn't stop people from checking. My friend knows this, but check just in case Track forgot to send her an update :p: It's very tempting.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    True, though I'm not that nervous about this right now (I'll be outrageously happy when I've got 3 interviews and am waiting on my last choice :yep:)

Yeah, I understand how you feel. Now that I think about it I should be careful with what I wish for as UCL interview people until they've run out of offers so being scheduled for an interview can be bad as they tend to reject people by masses when they've reached that point (usually happens in late February - early March I think)

I'm glad I've realised that checking Track is worthless. Any updates will be sent to your email, though that doesn't stop people from checking. My friend knows this, but check just in case Track forgot to send her an update :p: It's very tempting.
    Corrected your post :awesome: Take it easy,you'll be fine :top:

My application was sent off 2 weeks ago,and I've only checked Track twice...it's pointless going back to it again and again,because as you said,they'll email if any replies are made.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SyedT)
    Corrected your post :awesome: Take it easy,you'll be fine :top:

My application was sent off 2 weeks ago,and I've only checked Track twice...it's pointless going back to it again and again,because as you said,they'll email if any replies are made.
    Thanks for the correction, though I was just stating a situation which could happen though I think I'll probably be fine. If I were to get rejections I know I'd reapply and as I'd have my grades (hopefully ), I'd be able to apply without fears of not getting my grades - unconditional offers ftw!

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 25, 2009

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.