Aisha was an adult when Muhammad married her Watch

Casse
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Dirac Delta Function)
Yes the marriage can be permissible, but what you are implying is that an iddah period exists for non-consumated marriages of pre-prebuscent females. If that is what the verse is referring to, it doesn't seem clear why it should talk about menstruation at all, since menstruation is tied to consumation.
Allah knows best but this is the interpretation of that verse given by the scholars. I can't really say anymore.
Johnthebaptist1
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Miraclefish)
Can. Worms everywhere.

There is. There absolutely beyond question is doubt that Muhammed and Jesus existed.

That's why 20% of the world are atheist/non religious and the rest are split among the five major religiouns and the countless smaller branches, cults and alien-worshippers....

If there was no doubt, as you so blythely suggest, then the entire world would be a blend of Islamic and Christian.
No, you blithering idiot, that is a complete failure in logic on your part.

Just because they existed does not necessarily mean all the stories about them are true, nor does it mean everybody believes them. The two are completely seperate matters.
Johnthebaptist1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by OceanInTheSky)
People of that name may have existed, but the "image" by which they are seen - the "holy" people with the powers of miracles and links with a god can't be proven, regardless of how many stories say they did. Without that, you're proving nothing other than a name existed.
That's all I was trying to prove.

All I said was, they existed. Nothing more, nothing less. I even stated people may doubt their ideas etc. but there is no question the actual people existed.
Johnthebaptist1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by 46664)
Okay I am Muslim. I saw the video. Nice.

But there are lots of videos that argue the opposite and other videos on youtube that say all sorts of things about the prophet. Moral of the story: youtube (some may say internet in general) is not an effective or reliable source of information.
Its not reliable to people who think it has all the answers.

If a video or any other literature/writing is referenced and its sources can be verified and checked, it doesn't matter if you recieve it through the internet, youtube or wikipedia.

Granted, an awful lot of **** on youtube and the internet in general is complete ********, but just because it comes from a certain website is no reason (in most cases) to disregard something.
Miraclefish
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Johnthebaptist1)
No, you blithering idiot, that is a complete failure in logic on your part.

Just because they existed does not necessarily mean all the stories about them are true, nor does it mean everybody believes them. The two are completely seperate matters.
Simmer down, sunshine.

Show me a single shred of evidence that these people existed. And one that isn't in a religious text - and therefore about as biased as it's possible to be.

Ready, set, go!
CombineHarvester
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Simmer down, sunshine.

Show me a single shred of evidence that these people existed. And one that isn't in a religious text - and therefore about as biased as it's possible to be.

Ready, set, go!
I don't know what you're arguing about but Muhammad did exist beyond doubt: http://www.opendemocracy.net/faith-e...ammed_3866.jsp
Johnthebaptist1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Simmer down, sunshine.

Ready, set, go!
Search google, I'm not going to waste anymore time on you.
Miraclefish
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Johnthebaptist1)
Search google, I'm not going to waste anymore time on you.
So you make an argunment, someone questions you on it, you insult them and then tell them to prove that you're not talking rubbish?

Congratulations, you're now at the debating level of a small, slow child or possibly some sort of ferret.
Rizwani
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by chelski786)
proof? Why can it not be trusted?
Aisha (may Allah be pleased with her) was born 614 CE. I think that is enough proof for you. But if you are still not convinced .. i will provide more proof ... but if you dont trust what i am saying ... may Allah guide you to the right path and not let you follow what your desires tell you

The person who posted the video doesnt have any knowledge of this subject. End Quote. The scholars of Islam have studied this subject more thoroughly
Johnthebaptist1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
So you make an argunment, someone questions you on it, you insult them and then tell them to prove that you're not talking rubbish?

Congratulations, you're now at the debating level of a small, slow child or possibly some sort of ferret.
This is exactly why I can't be bothered with you.

I stated a simple fact, to which you attached your own meanings and made something else of. You are clearly the one acting like a 'slow child', not me.
Syrokal
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago

He's got a point though, the ammount of Evidence supporting Mohammed's and all his companions existence, is staggering not to mention the huge effect he had on the world around him during his life time, and after it.

I mean it's just not one of those thing's you can deny and keep any amount of credibility.
Le_Bow
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
By modern standards, Mohammed was a pedophile and child rapist.

Fact.
boromir9111
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Le_Bow)
By modern standards, Mohammed was a pedophile and child rapist.

Fact.
What was the age of the other wives of Prophet Muhammad(pbuh)??? the answer is, you don't know. Let me tell you, His first wife, Khadijah(may Allah be please with her) was almost 20 years older than the Prophet Muhammad(pbuh)......pedophilia is something that is consistent and the ages of Prophet Muhammad's wife suggests that he isn't one.....what does that mean??? oh yeah, he ain't one....research a bit more than chatting rubbish then we can talk a bit further....
Le_Bow
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by boromir9111)
What was the age of the other wives of Prophet Muhammad(pbuh)??? the answer is, you don't know. Let me tell you, His first wife, Khadijah(may Allah be please with her) was almost 20 years older than the Prophet Muhammad(pbuh)......pedophilia is something that is consistent and the ages of Prophet Muhammad's wife suggests that he isn't one.....what does that mean??? oh yeah, he ain't one....research a bit more than chatting rubbish then we can talk a bit further....
Doesn't matter that his other wives were over 18. This one wasn't.
d34thwi5h
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Casse)
Well according to Sunni scholars, it applies to both. That was the interpretation of Al-Tabari. Here is the explanation from Tafsir Jalalayn:

It doesn't change the fact that such marriages are permissable. The Prophet's (saw) marriage to Aishah (ra) is proof and so is Umar ibn Khattab's marriage to Umm Kulthum bint Ali.
if any person understood wat was stated above then they would know that the prophet muhammad (pbuh) ISNT a pedo.
aeterno
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
One video is not enough to negate what had been previously recorded. It's a video that simply speculates without providing any real evidence to justify what you're trying to say. Find me some more evidence which actually shows what age Aisha was when she got married - then I might just consider believing this.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (59)
75.64%
Leave (19)
24.36%

Watched Threads