Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Folderol)
    I have already addressed everything you have said here. And thanks for cutting out the large chunck of my response to you. :rolleyes:
    I got what I wanted, so I think I'm done here. Last reply - I've already got warned for being off topic. Diehard fanboys eh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrGuillotine)
    I got what I wanted, so I think I'm done here.
    There's some more assumptions you can make, if you want. And if you ever feel like replying to the majority of the post which you cut out, feel free to PM me it.

Last reply - I've already got warned for being off topic. Diehard fanboys eh?
    It just wouldn't be one of your posts if you didn't repeat assumptions already addressed, eh?

Thank God you aren't replying. Good day to you.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, they voted for something that was undefined. That doesn't mean they now approve of stoning. What don't you get?!

Good because thats the point I'm making.

Yeah, I've been trying to convince you this is what you've been saying.
    they voted for an islamic republic.... they may not approve of stoning, but many muslims in the islamic republic accept that there are rules in islam and if you break those rules it has a punishment! Just like we in the west accept that if we break the law we will be punished with a few months/years in jail....
    The non-muslims/secularists/others surely must not accept sharia law, but those are are of the islamic faith (the majority of iran) would accpet that sharia is part of their religion/culture (whether or not various muslims agree about stoning/lashings etc is another issue)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bunty64)
    they voted for an islamic republic.... they may not approve of stoning, but many muslims in the islamic republic accept that there are rules in islam and if you break those rules it has a punishment! Just like we in the west accept that if we break the law we will be punished with a few months/years in jail....
    The non-muslims/secularists/others surely must not accept sharia law, but those are are of the islamic faith (the majority of iran) would accpet that sharia is part of their religion/culture (whether or not various muslims agree about stoning/lashings etc is another issue)
    I've already addressed everything you've said here.

ReputationRep:
    I've already addressed everything you've said here.
    sure you have.... you don't accept that sharia law is part of iranian culture.... I believe it is part of iranian culture.... not much more to address...

ReputationRep:
    sure you have.... you don't accept that sharia law is part of iranian culture.... I believe it is part of iranian culture.... not much more to address...
    No, I don't accept that stoning is part of Iranian culture. And someone as ignorant as you saying it is, doesn't make it so. Let me say this to you again: there was no vote on Sharia, there was a vote after a revolution (where all groups - even communists) wanted the Shah out. They voted on a concept which wasn't defined. This is the link you are making: they voted for an Islamic Republic therefore they agree with stoning - you're so retarded you don't even see how many links you are missing.

And please, you first claimed you weren't talking about culture (when you were), you claimed you weren't talking about people but countries, you claimed you were talking about yada yada yada - you keep changing your mind. The reason its taken us so long to get to this because you denied something after you said it which meant I had to show you meant it - then you said "Yeah.." :rolleyes:. Quite frankly, just reading what you write on Arab-Iranian politics makes you look uneducated (leaving out all your nonsense about the Islamic revolution). And whats worse is that from all your lack of knowledge you make a blanket statement about the culture of millions of people.

Whats to address is someone who makes up their mind and then tries to find evidence to fit into it. It's even worse when the information they are going through is new to them. And what makes it even worse is when you provide information to retarded people like yourself is that you either don't read it or ignore huge chunks of it. And then, the most hilarious bit, is that you have the audacity to call someone "childish" and then conclude an argument with "LOL!" You're now inevitably going to repeat the same things which I have addressed again and again. And then what? I'm going to respond and then you'll deny you were doing something and we'll have another longer discussion about what you said. Then you'll admit it. Pathetic.

ReputationRep:
    No, I don't accept that stoning is part of Iranian culture. And someone as ignorant as you saying it is, doesn't make it so. Let me say this to you again: there was no vote on Sharia, there was a vote after a revolution (where all groups - even communists) wanted the Shah out. They voted on a concept which wasn't defined. This is the link you are making: they voted for an Islamic Republic therefore they agree with stoning - you're so retarded you don't even see how many links you are missing.

And please, you first claimed you weren't talking about culture (when you were), you claimed you weren't talking about people but countries, you claimed you were talking about yada yada yada - you keep changing your mind. The reason its taken us so long to get to this because you denied something after you said it which meant I had to show you meant it - then you said "Yeah.." :rolleyes:. Quite frankly, just reading what you write on Arab-Iranian politics makes you look uneducated (leaving out all your nonsense about the Islamic revolution). And whats worse is that from all your lack of knowledge you make a blanket statement about the culture of millions of people.

Whats to address is someone who makes up their mind and then tries to find evidence to fit into it. It's even worse when the information they are going through is new to them. And what makes it even worse is when you provide information to retarded people like yourself is that you either don't read it or ignore huge chunks of it. And then, the most hilarious bit, is that you have the audacity to call someone "childish" and then conclude an argument with "LOL!" You're now inevitably going to repeat the same things which I have addressed again and again. And then what? I'm going to respond and then you'll deny you were doing something and we'll have another longer discussion about what you said. Then you'll admit it. Pathetic.
    hey hey hey nothing wrong with LOL..... just means I find you very funny

Just because something is part of a culture, I can appreciate that not everyone will accept/like that particular thing....
    The iranian people voted for an islamic republic..... apparently islam is a "way of life".... and with it comes laws, mainly sharia law.... there is no need for a vote on this as islam isn't something you pick and choose... those who voted for an islamic republic are mainly muslim and they know that you do not pick and choose which parts of their faith they want and which they want to disregard.... (as for stoning, I'm not sure which sects agree if it is islamic or which don't. What I do know is that they all agree with sharia law and the punishments which our western culture see as barbaric).....

There are many in iran who don't like/accept sharia law, but given that the vast majority are muslims, it is part of their faith/culture......

In essence sharia law (and all the punishment side of it) is part of iranian culture..... we'll just have to agree to disagree

ReputationRep:
    hey hey hey nothing wrong with LOL..... just means I find you very funny
    I wish I could find your ignorance humorous but I find it pitiful.

Just because something is part of a culture, I can appreciate that not everyone will accept/like that particular thing....
    I've already addressed this. Not everyone accepts culture, obviously. But we are talking about something being mainstream.

The iranian people voted for an islamic republic..... apparently islam is a "way of life".... and with it comes laws, mainly sharia law.... there is no need for a vote on this as islam isn't something you pick and choose... those who voted for an islamic republic are mainly muslim and they know that you do not pick and choose which parts of their faith they want and which they want to disregard....
    Already addressed as well: "Islamic Republic" was not defined. You are interpreting it one way. You do realise that just because you vote for one thing does not mean you can't saying anything after.

(as for stoning, I'm not sure which sects agree if it is islamic or which don't. What I do know is that they all agree with sharia law and the punishments which our western culture see as barbaric).....
    Irrelevant: stoning wasn't voted on. The very fact you acknowledge that people have different beliefs means you acknowledge that not everyone interpretation will be the same.

There are many in iran who don't like/accept sharia law, but given that the vast majority are muslims, it is part of their faith/culture......
    You're repeating it doesn't make true. There is no substance here.

In essence sharia law (and all the punishment side of it) is part of iranian culture
    Again! Don't you realise what you're doing? You're repeating the statement we are debating and treating it as fact.

..... well just have to agree to disagree
    Like I've said before, I can't force you to debate.

ReputationRep:
    The debates about Islamic Republic and the rights and wrongs of it have been going on since 1979 and are pointless to go through all over again.

Can anyone confirm whether Ahmadinejad actually said this. Even the BBC has been known to report nonsense when it comes to Iran. I'm not inclined to believe the Daily Mail, and I haven't come across it yet in English-language Iranian news websites.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acolyte)
    Can anyone confirm whether Ahmadinejad actually said this. Even the BBC has been known to report nonsense when it comes to Iran. I'm not inclined to believe the Daily Mail, and I haven't come across it yet in English-language Iranian news websites.
    From PressTV: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vpsv0exaMWk

ReputationRep:
    From PressTV: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vpsv0exaMWk
    Thanks. Seems he's just talking a load of crock.. first talks about 'psychological war' then at the end says that America thinks 'military strikes' will help to save the Zionist regime.

ReputationRep:
    I wish I could find your ignorance humorous but I find it pitiful.

I've already addressed this. Not everyone accepts culture, obviously. But we are talking about something being mainstream.

Already addressed as well: "Islamic Republic" was not defined. You are interpreting it one way. You do realise that just because you vote for one thing does not mean you can't saying anything after.

Irrelevant: stoning wasn't voted on. The very fact you acknowledge that people have different beliefs means you acknowledge that not everyone interpretation will be the same.

You're repeating it doesn't make true. There is no substance here.

Again! Don't you realise what you're doing? You're repeating the statement we are debating and treating it as fact.

Like I've said before, I can't force you to debate.
    Where was the ignorance in that comment? I find you views somewhat funny….
    Why are you so defensive of the Iranian culture?? Got some family links to that part of the world??

One doesn’t have to accept culture, it is something that just is…. The mainstream part you are talking about comes into play with the fact that the majority of iran are muslims are for them sharia is part of their religion…. They don’t choose bits which they like and disregard those which they don’t like…

I appreciate that after the vote, into recent times the voices of the Iranian people have been suppressed, but the initial vote was one for an Islamic republic (which includes everything “Islamic”, sharia being an integral part)… there was no need for a vote on sharia as in their religion you cannot pick and choose!

I was just saying that I’m not sure what the shia view on stoning was… given that it is practiced, I’d say it is part of it….

The majority of iran are of the Islamic faith…. They accept their religion as the truth and do not pick and choose parts which suit their lifestyle…. Sharia law is an integral part of their faith and their culture…. Of course there are those in iran who do not believe in islam and every which comes with it, so naturally they will disagree….

You cannot accept that sharia is part of Iranian culture, but the fact is that it is…… this does not mean that Iranian people are barbaric (although there are those who can be quick to judge), it is just their belief and something which has been part of their culture since the revolution….

ReputationRep:
    this does not mean that Iranian people are barbaric (although there are those who can be quick to judge), it is just their belief and something which has been part of their culture since the revolution….
    I'd say stoning people is fairly barbaric punishment, especially for committing adultery, let alone committing anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)
    I'd say stoning people is fairly barbaric punishment, especially for committing adultery, let alone committing anything.
    sure the act is barbaric but folderol is taking things a bit too personally, believing that I'm saying every single iranian accepts sharia punishments and so as a bunch are barbaric monsters!

ReputationRep:
    Where was the ignorance in that comment? I find you views somewhat funny….
    I have repeatedly showed you where.

Why are you so defensive of the Iranian culture?? Got some family links to that part of the world??
    Irrelevant.

One doesn’t have to accept culture, it is something that just is….
    Are you actually making this statement?! I specifically said to you: "Not everyone accepts culture, obviously. But we are talking about something being mainstream."

The mainstream part you are talking about comes into play with the fact that the majority of iran are muslims are for them sharia is part of their religion…. They don’t choose bits which they like and disregard those which they don’t like…
    Again, you're making the jump which I already addressed. Do you believe that the majority of Muslims in Britain support stoning? No, they don't - therefore, the fact the majority of them are Muslims says nothing about stoning. And, there is a joke amongst Iranians about being an "Iranian Muslim" - meaning someone who does a lot of things Islam prhobits but still claiming to be a Muslim. And, wrong. You cannot force people to be consistent.

I appreciate that after the vote, into recent times the voices of the Iranian people have been suppressed, but the initial vote was one for an Islamic republic (which includes everything “Islamic”, sharia being an integral part)… there was no need for a vote on sharia as in their religion you cannot pick and choose!
    Already addressed: the concept of an Islamic Republic was not defined. Therefore to derive that stoning is now accepted by culture is retarded. It's also retarded because, I don't know if you know this, but if we voted for a "secular republic" and then we allowed polygamy - you think the public are going to accept that? What you're saying is retarded beyond measure.

I was just saying that I’m not sure what the shia view on stoning was… given that it is practiced, I’d say it is part of it….
    Irrelevant as to whether its part of the culture.

The majority of iran are of the Islamic faith…. They accept their religion as the truth and do not pick and choose parts which suit their lifestyle…. Sharia law is an integral part of their faith and their culture…. Of course there are those in iran who do not believe in islam and every which comes with it, so naturally they will disagree….
    And you're still repeating arguments I've already addressed! And you're repeating your retarded beliefs as though they are facts with no points of evidence or reference!

You cannot accept that sharia is part of Iranian culture, but the fact is that it is……this does not mean that Iranian people are barbaric (although there are those who can be quick to judge), it is just their belief and something which has been part of their culture since the revolution….
    You cannot accept that stoning is not part of Iranian culture, but the fact is that it isn't - do you think thats an argument? You consistently just repeat your belief and then hope that it will eventually be true. Stop it, it makes you look retarded.

Ah, and I take you decided you no longer wanted to "agree to disagree"? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    sure the act is barbaric but folderol is taking things a bit too personally, believing that I'm saying every single iranian accepts sharia punishments and so as a bunch are barbaric monsters!
    Strawman. No, I don't. Something which I have addressed. Either you can't read or you really are this ignorant.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure not everyone in Iran doesn't accept sharia punishments, just as not everyone in the UK accepts the way we punish criminals. However, a good percentage find it completely acceptable to stone people in this day and age; even the Texans would find that barbaric.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)
    I'm sure not everyone in Iran doesn't accept sharia punishments, just as not everyone in the UK accepts the way we punish criminals. However, a good percentage find it completely acceptable to stone people in this day and age; even the Texans would find that barbaric.
    yeh, as I said to folderol, Sharia (and all that comes under it) is part of iranian culture... poor old folderol can't seem to accept that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acolyte)
    Thanks. Seems he's just talking a load of crock.. first talks about 'psychological war' then at the end says that America thinks 'military strikes' will help to save the Zionist regime.
    Always is, really.

ReputationRep:
    I have repeatedly showed you where.

Irrelevant.

Are you actually making this statement?! I specifically said to you: "Not everyone accepts culture, obviously. But we are talking about something being mainstream."

Again, you're making the jump which I already addressed. Do you believe that the majority of Muslims in Britain support stoning? No, they don't - therefore, the fact the majority of them are Muslims says nothing about stoning. And, there is a joke amongst Iranians about being an "Iranian Muslim" - meaning someone who does a lot of things Islam prhobits but still claiming to be a Muslim. And, wrong. You cannot force people to be consistent.

Already addressed: the concept of an Islamic Republic was not defined. Therefore to derive that stoning is now accepted by culture is retarded. It's also retarded because, I don't know if you know this, but if we voted for a "secular republic" and then we allowed polygamy - you think the public are going to accept that? What you're saying is retarded beyond measure.

Irrelevant as to whether its part of the culture.

And you're still repeating arguments I've already addressed! And you're repeating your retarded beliefs as though they are facts with no points of evidence or reference!

You cannot accept that stoning is not part of Iranian culture, but the fact is that it isn't - do you think thats an argument? You consistently just repeat your belief and then hope that it will eventually be true. Stop it, it makes you look retarded.

Ah, and I take you decided you no longer wanted to "agree to disagree"? :rolleyes:
    The muslims in Britain are a small minority and they didn’t come here to choose to live in an Islamic republic… The Iranians voted for an Islamic republic (and all that comes with it; sharia being an integral part). This has nothing to do with to what extent muslims follow their faith…. The Iranians chose to have an Islamic state (sharia comes with it; there is no compromise!)

Any way which you “define” an Islamic republic, it is pretty clear to see that sharia law is part of islam and I’m sure those Iranians who voted knew this.

You’re doing exactly what you’re accusing me of… repeating your own belief that sharia law is not part of Iranian culture!

Pretty clear to see that sharia law (and all that barbaric stuff which comes with it ) is part of Iranian culture… you just seem to be in denial!

Either way, I’m sure this barbaric practice which is part of Iranian culture, is no reflection on you.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.