This discussion is closed.
Aj12
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by ajtiesto)
That's right bro. I couldn't really give a rats ass as to what these anti muslims think or do to islam now. They can draw cartoons of the prophets, burn the quran, rant on about how muslims are all terrorists or how islam is evil. They will never be able to break islam or muslim beliefs. It's come to the point now, where it's so boring hearing the same old anti-muslim crap coming out these non muslims butt hole i just take no notice. In actual fact i just laugh when these anti muslim progandas start, because these people just haven't got the faintest idea about islam or muslims and it's them that's looking like a bunch of cow dung. I feel sorry for them at how they turned out in life, lol. It's just laughable, just glad they'll end up getting they're ass burnt in hell. Drty kuffars!
Sucks to be you if it turns about that Buddhism is the one right religion.
Annora
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
That's disgusting. It's pure bigotry.
Aj12
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by LoveAll)
HAHAHA!
You can 'burn' every single Quraan in the world each and every one from each corner of the world, but let me tell you one thing, it is the only book in the entire world whcih if you erased it completely the words will return. The words are not only written on paper but are inscribed in the hearts of many around the world. The ONLY holy book in the world which is exactly the same/identical all over and MEMORISED FROM THE FIRST WORD TO THE LAST by many muslims around the world, the true word of God. Haha even if they erased all of them throughout theworld, the Quraan would return....so yeah what a FAIL!
Actually you can say the same for any and every religion please don't be so ignorant.
Sakujo
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Folderol)
In all honesty, I changed it because people kept PM-ing me and asking me who he was and pointing out facts I was already aware of. At least with this guy, nobody is going to ask who he is or give any facts about him - he's just a weirdo :awesome:
You should take it as a complement, people are curious about you indeed you're one of the more interesting people on TSR.:p:

You could pick anything from this page though:

http://www.freeavatarsonline.com/avatars.flowers1.php

:awesome:
ithink
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Elephant.)
You don't see anything wrong with inciting racial hatred?
its not racial hatred you idiot. a quaran is a book, muslims are a group of religous people, there are black white yellow and brown muslims, to disagre with them, or even to burn their books, is not to incite hate against a race, but an ideology. which is fine.
Age_of_Innocence
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Organ)
Reminds me of some crazy Texan christians who wanted a book banned that's story involved the burning of books (including the bible) to warn about the burning/banning of books!
my head just exploded
Organ
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by ithink)
its not racial hatred you idiot. a quaran is a book, muslims are a group of religous people, there are black white yellow and brown muslims, to disagre with them, or even to burn their books, is not to incite hate against a race, but an ideology. which is fine.
It isn't a particularly intelligent, nor pleasant mode of disagreement.
EssexDan86
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Phantom_X)
Lol

Maybe you'd like to go back to your history books to confirm that ? In particular look at the reformation, the crusades, the IRA etc.

Both are abrahamic, monotheistic religions. The only difference is christianity in the west has become so *******ised and adapted that people dont actually follow most of what the bible says, rather they pick and choose. In fact, many dont even go to church, which is why a lot of them are being sold off as flats or other religious centres.

A minority of muslim nutters would do something as stupid as burning a bible. Just because they get a full page spread in the Sun dosent mean lots of muslims are doing it on a daily basis. stop being so ignorant and tarnishing over 1 billion people with the same brush.
You misunderstand. My point was that Jesus taught love and compassion, yet humans have still turned that into bad actions all too often. Islam doesn't teach the values of forgiveness and turning the other cheek anywhere near as much (in fact, it often urges conquest), and perhaps that explains why it is so much more volatile and prone to violence in the 21st century?

Hopefully, over time, it might go through some sort of period of reform that will make it more passive and peaceful, as has largely happened with Christianity (there are still problematic incidents, but nothign on the same scale as medieval Christianity or some manifestations of contemporary Islam).
LoveAll
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Aj12)
Actually you can say the same for any and every religion please don't be so ignorant.

Actually....as a philosophy/ethics and religion student....no you cannot say that about every religion, i am not being biased or ignorant whatsoever, i am really sorry if you thought that I tried to make it VERY clear I was in no means inciting hatred.
Aj12
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by LoveAll)
Actually....as a philosophy/ethics and religion student....no you cannot say that about every religion, i am not being biased or ignorant whatsoever, i am really sorry if you thought that I tried to make it VERY clear I was in no means inciting hatred.
You made a long rant about how Islam was the only Religion with followers that read and fully understood its holy book, well the same is true for Christians Jews and other religions to you can't really deny that there are plenty of Jews or Christians that have just as much faith and believe as Muslims.
Martial44
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
for anyone interested, this is quite a thurough documentary on the flaws of the official report into the 9/11 attacks. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7E3oI...eature=related
it is long though. If you are determined to attribute these attacks to islamic fundamentalism, then you must atleast watch this before you speak of it as fact.
there's too much love
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Obadetona)
I think it's completely stupid that anyone would even contemplate this. A day based on hatred of another religion :sigh:

DEVILS ADVOCATE: Well Muslims do a lot worse things than that to people who don't agree with them.
If this post has already been addressed you hopefully won't find anything new in my reply to it, sorry if it's been said already.
*SOME*

Many Muslim's are peacful people, I don't know what you meant, if you really did mean to imply all, or at least the majority of Muslims, or if you just meant some Muslims.

If the former I'd love to see the way in which that's been found out and proven (I think we can agree on what's meant by 'worse').

In case you don't get my point yet:
Spoiler:
Show

Some Christians do much worse than that.

I'm not an advocate of Islam but, I really do have issues with the potential implications left in your post (sorry if someone else has picked up on those already).
PerigeeApogee
Report 8 years ago
I fully support the burning of religious books.

The same way that the police destroy drugs and weapons so people can't come to harm, destroying holy books protects people from encountering them and going on to lead a life of delusion and mindrot.

Of course, I don't discriminate against a particular religion.
there's too much love
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by PerigeeApogee)

The same way that the police destroy drugs and weapons so people can't come to harm, destroying holy books protects people from encountering them and going on to lead a life of delusion and mindrot.

Would you advocate the destruction of a tool that could be used by some to bring harm to others?
Phantom_X
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by PerigeeApogee)

If you support destruction of things that can harm people and have negative externalities, perhaps we should also ban things such as well, the internet.

after all, just facebook itself has harmed hundreds of people in one way or another.
User414413
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
At least in Britain we know what is right and wrong. It seems that such Americans are even more backward than the islamic fundamentalists.
Yup, cause 1 Florida church is representative of over 300 million people. :rolleyes: And then you have the audacity complain about people generalizing Muslims because of the actions of a few. Hypocrite if I ever met one...
there's too much love
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Annoying-Mouse)
Yup, cause 1 Florida church is representative of over 300 million people. :rolleyes:
And of course what counts as right and wrong is fully agreed upon and there are no philosophical issues regarding what they mean or even if there is a right and wrong:p: .
Zoob1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Aj12)
Lol actually you're wrong, please don't try to sound like a smart ass in future. There's different versions of the bible and old testament. There's only one version of the Qur'an. Other faiths don't state anything about memorizing each and every word from their holy book so only a few may bother to do so, while the case is different for Islam. Therefore you can't say the same for any and every religion. ^^
garlicbreadman
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by there's too much love)
If this post has already been addressed you hopefully won't find anything new in my reply to it, sorry if it's been said already.
*SOME*

Many Muslim's are peacful people, I don't know what you meant, if you really did mean to imply all, or at least the majority of Muslims, or if you just meant some Muslims.

If the former I'd love to see the way in which that's been found out and proven (I think we can agree on what's meant by 'worse').

In case you don't get my point yet:
Spoiler:
Show

Some Christians do much worse than that.

I'm not an advocate of Islam but, I really do have issues with the potential implications left in your post (sorry if someone else has picked up on those already).
Thanks for clearing this up. There is a stereotypical image of muslims, I think you are forgetting that muslim extremists are a minority and do not represent the interests of the whole muslim population.
It is just those relatively few muslims that create this image.
Furthermore:

Islam is growing about 2.9% per year which is faster than the total world population which increases at about 2.3% annually. It is thus attracting a progressively larger percentage of the world's population.

Muslim population 'rising 10 times faster than rest of society'

If ALL muslims were terrorists, don't you think......

Anyway, attacking a religion in such an extreme way will only anger all muslims, and could provoke extremists.
there's too much love
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
If you support destruction of things that can harm people and have negative externalities, perhaps we should also ban things such as well, the internet.

after all, just facebook itself has harmed hundreds of people in one way or another.
Stole my thunder:mad: :fuhrer:!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (78)
19.26%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (164)
40.49%
Nope, not that interesting (163)
40.25%

Watched Threads