Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

nope... link?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Stefan1991)
      It's widely suspected that the NSA have a built in back-door into AES.
      It's widely suspected that Elvis is still alive in some circles. How would the NSA build a back door into an open source standard for a cipher they had no part in creating?

Find me a reputable academic source that thinks anything like the claim you are making.

Elvis is gone if you mean the singer

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by blueray)
        nope... link?
        It was 10 minutes ago, so that's all I got.
        http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...an-attack.html

Apparently they're going to take steps against the people who are responsible.

Is she... i wonder how lol

ReputationRep:
          Why would every leak seem to further Israel's interests to promote war in Iran, turmoil in Pakistan, without a single leak harming Israel's interests?
          This is the first batch. There is more to come throughout the week, so I wouldn't jump to conclusions just yet

Why would Assange, apparently wanted by the CIA and U.S government, be free to walk around London giving Press interviews and holding conferences?
          Apparently they want to prosecute wikileaks as a Foreign Terrorist Organisation. But that's just speculation from politicians. And I thought wikileaks was a platform for people to give the leaks

ReputationRep:
          Obviously I haven't made myself clear enough to you. Wikileaks is obviously a CIA/Mossad joint operation, therefore they already know what's in the package. Why would Wikileaks send out a file that can be decrypted by the government?
          You seem to have an issue with recognising information that does not suit your agenda. So I will repeat this for you.

i) Julian Assange holds compromising information on the US government.
          ii) He places this in a file that only he, and the US government can see
          iii) The US government, knows that Julian has compromising information and is not bluffing
          iv) The US government cannot hurt Julian, because if they do a lot of other people who hold the information will be able to access it
          v) Because of iv + ii; the US government lets him live.

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by The Cornerstone)

Apparently they're going to take steps against the people who are responsible.

Against herself? :confused:

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by Organ)
          I'm glad that it demonstrates the Americans showed restraint when it came to Iran, they had support and even pressure from all the Arab states and Israel to launch both aerial and ground attacks on Iran - but they didn't.
          This is a good point. Notice how all the countries that wanted an attack on Iran were allied to the US. Perhaps this point may have not gone missing on President Obama.

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by Shadowplay)
          Against herself? :confused:
          I'm saying the USA are going to take steps against the people responsible for the leaks and tighten up the security

ReputationRep:
          This is the first batch. There is more to come throughout the week, so I wouldn't jump to conclusions just yet
          And I bet you anything it's all the same thing, Pakistan is aiding the Taliban, Iran is aiding Al Quaeda, Iran has nuclear weapons.

Apparently they want to prosecute wikileaks as a Foreign Terrorist Organisation. But that's just speculation from politicians. And I thought wikileaks was a platform for people to give the leaks
          Why would they prosecute Wikileaks? Wikileaks seems to be doing them a favour.

(Original post by RyanT)
          You seem to have an issue with recognising information that does not suit your agenda. So I will repeat this for you.

i) Julian Assange holds compromising information on the US government.
          ii) He places this in a file that only he, and the US government can see
          iii) The US government, knows that Julian has compromising information and is not bluffing
          iv) The US government cannot hurt Julian, because if they do a lot of other people who hold the information will be able to access it
          v) Because of iv + ii; the US government lets him live.
          I think you have an issue of taking everything at face value, and blindly believing everything the U.S government and Wikileaks say. The truth is that we know extremely little about Julian Assange, his agenda, his motivations, who he actually is. We also know next to nothing about Wikileaks, who runs it, what's their agenda, who funds it. Except for George Soros.

(Original post by Organ)
          I'm glad that it demonstrates the Americans showed restraint when it came to Iran, they had support and even pressure from all the Arab states and Israel to launch both aerial and ground attacks on Iran - but they didn't.
          Wow yes how wrong were all of we. America is actually a shining beacon of hope. Thankyou wikileaks for showing us all to be wrong with your facts. These heavily censored documents, censored by a shadowy organisation no one knows anything about is providing what people think is the historical truth. It's great because nobody can claim there's any spin or doctoring involved because they were accidently "leaked".

Now we believe USA never really wanted to get involved with Iran and is now being pressured to by everyone else. Really? Do they really expect us to believe this tripe?

ReputationRep:
          I'm almost 110% sure there's something slating Canada in their documents as well, not even cause there's a bad relationship with Canada and America, Americans just love making fun of Canada and Canadians

ReputationRep:
          I find it strange that wikileaks always releases sensitive US information, they must have plenty of chinese/russian/korean or anyone else willing to release some sensitive information.

I say that 'I find it strange' when I dont really because the obvious answer as to why this doesnt get released is;

1. julian assange gets no publicity from it
          2. any whistleblower from those countries probably gets their justice delivered to them through the back of their skulls.

I ask Mr Assange, if he is such a beacon of shining hope and justice, why doesn't he look to bring attention to some of the real problems the world is experiencing (hundreds of thousands dead in sudan from war, south african children more likely to be raped than learn to read, shocking human rights abuses in china, korean peninsula on the brink of war etc.). All of these get casually swept under the carpet compared to how guardian readers react whenever the US/UK government, or especially the UK police do something that frankly pales in comparasion.

ReputationRep:
          I'm saying the USA are going to take steps against the people responsible for the leaks and tighten up the security
          I find it funny that the BBC is reporting "U.S have taken measures to tighten up security". Surely they would have made moves to tighten up security 6 months ago when they first actually found out classified information had been leaked. Seems like the U.S government is just lengthening the wikileaks publicity for some reason ?

ReputationRep:
          Can't wait to see what the US Democrat government makes of Cameron. One would imagine it's not going to be too complementary!

ReputationRep:

I know what you mean, but I think that people responsible for the leaks are people who created them... It's simple - if they didn't have their private chit chat about global affairs, there would be no "leaks", or at least they wouldn't be very interesting.

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by Shadowplay)
          I know what you mean, but I think that people responsible for the leaks are people who created them... It's simple - if they didn't have their private chit chat about global affairs, there would be no "leaks", or at least they wouldn't be very interesting.
          The reason leaks came out is because after 9/11 they decided that the information needed to be a bit more open.

Plus there is still the issue of the people who went on and reveal the leaks

ReputationRep:
          Obviously I haven't made myself clear enough to you. Wikileaks is obviously a CIA/Mossad joint operation, therefore they already know what's in the package. Why would Wikileaks send out a file that can be decrypted by the government?

Why would every leak seem to further Israel's interests to promote war in Iran, turmoil in Pakistan, without a single leak harming Israel's interests?

Why would Assange, apparently wanted by the CIA and U.S government, be free to walk around London giving Press interviews and holding conferences?
          I'm actually inclined to agree with most of what you've stated on this topic.

The entire situation seems to suggest an organised propaganda leak; from the information contained within the wikileaks to the huge amount of exposure that publicly surrounds it.

In case I may be wrong, I'll be keeping up to date with the stories.

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by G8D)
          Some are on the site, expect more each day.
          http://cablegate.wikileaks.org/index.html
          Oh sorry, I probably wasn't clear with my previous post; I meant the insurance file.

I'm pretty much aware of the rest.

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by x_muneeb_x)
          HAHAHA Saudi Arabia have basic principles....Dude heres a country i which every bit on personal freedom is limited. You wear shorts u get arrested... A women walks out of her house without a man she gets arrested...U steal u get ur hands cut off...U cant wear anything except a black veil...The only education u get is Hard core Wahabi radical islam , this i mean is what most Saudis get. The country is an american satellite a puppet state. Have you ever been to Saudi Arabia? I have trust me its the last place on Earth u wanna be. The Saudi king is nothing but a hypocrite.

Regarding why America needs to spy on it well simple u want things to stay the way they are.United States is the largest contributor to the united nations that surely makes it in one of the strongest position to lobby it around..
          Can you not read? I said some, which it clearly does. While a lot of what you say is true, it's highly exaggerated. My nan lived there for 20 years and left the house without a man all the time, you don't have to wear black veils, you can drink alcohol etc. Oppressive yes, but it's a strict muslim country. While it seems awful to us, I'm sure a large number of people there think it's fine and the way we dress etc. here is awful.

Just to summarise again, (as people tend to ignore measured responses and only highlight one viewpoint and hugely exaggerate it), I think it's an oppressive regime. But it is possible for repressive regimes to do things right.

Well I clearly don't have the same view of the UN as you do. Monetary contributions should be nothing - it's there to promote world peace, not run the world however the richest country wants it run.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
        Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
        Useful resources
      • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
        Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.