Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stirlo)
    Had about 4-5 inches but it hasn't really affected me, still had 6th form unfortunately. Although I don't think the snow will do me any favours on thursday when I've got my driving test, unless it clears up sharpish
    Oh damn, good luck with that btw. I do feel for you now lol, just please make sure to keep optimum concentration, as your test is near the end of the week when they usually fail a lot more people.

ReputationRep:
    It snowed heavily for a couple of hours this morning, but that's it, and there's no real coverage.

ReputationRep:
    I couldn't make it into college because all the trains on the line had been cancelled.

ReputationRep:
    We've had a bit of snow on Friday, it's just dangerous now as it wont melt properly so is just really icy.

We are forecast to have more for the rest of the week, hope not. If its bad Im not going to risk going to uni - no way am I going to travel nearly 60 miles and risk getting stuck there!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by badgerkins)
    Absolutely no snow in Bristol. Just really really cold :/
    Acctually, if you go up on clifton downs it's covered in snow! You're right it's freezing here as well!

ReputationRep:
    Buses got cancelled this morning, school was still open but couldnt get in, nearest train station had delays of over an hour too so.. :L
    everything grinds to a halt here whenever any remotely bad weather happens :/

ReputationRep:
    apparently its gonna snow heavily here at about three tomorro morning.,.. bout the time ill be walking home from my night out

snow+drunk = lolz

ReputationRep:
    It's a bit nippy

ReputationRep:
    It's been heavily snowing every day since Wednesday here in Aberdeenshire I haven't been at school since Thursday. Kind of hope it clears up soon, missing out on an immense amount of work at school
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tbm)
    We've had a bit of snow on Friday, it's just dangerous now as it wont melt properly so is just really icy.

We are forecast to have more for the rest of the week, hope not. If its bad Im not going to risk going to uni - no way am I going to travel nearly 60 miles and risk getting stuck there!
    Yeah I'm the same, I have a four hour gap tomorrow and what with it on and off snowing where I live and the ice on the rails and road I'd sooner be home before it gets darker and colder
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jimface!)
    apparently its gonna snow heavily here at about three tomorro morning.,.. bout the time ill be walking home from my night out

snow+drunk = lolz
    +Rep just for making me lol :')

I can only imagine how happy you will be if it does snow whilst you're drunk

ReputationRep:
    It snowed all day Friday and its still here now and its -4, apart from freezing my ass off and almost slipping down the steps from my house, oh and using a WHOLE can of de-icer to get the car out, but yeah apart from that....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mare?)
    beautiful! where are you?

It's white in Amsterdam too, must remember to make some pics tomorrow ^^
    I'm in England, the lake district, thats the view out my bedroom window its gorgeous in the snow!
    I got up at 8 on a weekend to take photos, just because (:

ReputationRep:
    I had my driving lesson cancelled today which is a pain because my test is in 2 weeks. I bet the ice sticks around long enough for that to get cancelled...

ReputationRep:
    there I am, coming home from a snowless Manchester on Friday, and there is SNOW IN THE CENTRE OF MUNICH.

So yes. Loads. And it's getting more and more.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not... I have a helicopter.

ReputationRep:
    I'm cold.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Had about 0.5cm.
    Nothing cancelled, but I did nearly slip over when trying to slide around on the ice.

ReputationRep:
    Too many kids throwing snowballs at random people... it has happened to me... >_>

ReputationRep:
    Finished uni lectures on Friday so I don't have to worry about getting in for that at least, but my karate class was cancelled tonight and I've got a grading soon >.< And it looks likely that my driving lessons will be cancelled until after christmas. And I'm kind of worried about getting home when my exams are done. Grrrrrrr snow.... but it's so darn pretty so I can't stay mad for long =P

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 8, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.