Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Complete this statement....'I can't get a girlfriend/boyfriend because...' Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robodude789)
    because i am always put in the friend zone....
    My mates call this the friend bin, I try to deny it's existence but apparently not...

ReputationRep:
    i hate everyone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naomidawn)
    I don't ever want to learn this lesson! Admittedly, I probably should, but isn't love great even before the heartbreak?? I think it is.
    I think the heartbreak outweights the good side of love, for me. I take too long to let it go. Actually, I always think I get over them very quick only to find out a month later that I still think about them.
    And plus, I think I'd rather have my full attention on education.

But I admire people like you. I wish I didnt think the way I do but I dont like heartbreaks and I dont want to go for it :ninjagirl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pinball_heart)
    ... because all I find are clingy psycho midgets who let me walk all over them.
    Wow. Then you must be an incredibly tolerant person.

(Original post by Valjean)
    Because I'm too fussy. Plus, when I do seriously like somebody, they tend to be tragically unsuitable. I will usually be aware of this and keep my distance. When your heart has been badly broken, you are far more cautious with deciding who you deem worthy of it.
    I did actually let slip a spontaneous guffaw at my own comment in your signature, somewhere in-between agreeing with your dispassionate analysis and realising that I'd just reconquered the pinnacle of narcissism (which perhaps looks set to double as my – decidedly more earnest – response to this thread in due course). How appalling.

Anyway, I struggle to envisage cohabiting with someone amicably for any length of time, assuming they aren't equally low-maintenance. Also, I can be a bit capricious – but only when the mood takes me – and am massively ginger. All contributing factors.

ReputationRep:
    ...because I need to complete my studies

Education > Girls IMO but if the opportunity arises and I meet this wonderful girl, then I might change my mind

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psyk)
    You have no penis and small breasts but you're male? What's your situation if you don't mind me asking?
    Transsexual (female-to-male). Went on hormone medication just over 4 months ago. It means that very few people at uni know what I have hidden. So no way am I going to ask anyone out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alpha_Male)
    Sorry, this place cracks me up....I just wondered why exactly everyone is having so many problems getting a boyfriend or girlfriend?

So yeh, complete the statement....'I can't get a girlfriend/boyfriend because.....'

I just wanna see what's stopping you lot from getting someone. I bet it comes down to a lack of confidence, being scared of rejection, or just being a socially awkard dork etc.

Hopefully I can make you see that these excuses are just excuses and that you can get someone if you believe in yourself a bit more.
    i cant get a girlfriend cos at the moment ur mum is doing a damn fine job sucking me off. STANDAAAARD.

ReputationRep:
    i cant get a girlfriend cos it's 5 in the morning.

ReputationRep:
    Because I'm not looking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lightburns)
    Transsexual (female-to-male). Went on hormone medication just over 4 months ago. It means that very few people at uni know what I have hidden. So no way am I going to ask anyone out.
    here's something I've always wondered.

you classify yourself as a male, but is that a bi-sexual/gay or straight male? and what would you prefer your partner to be ?

ReputationRep:
    I can't get a girlfriend because I attract, and am attracted to, girls that are identical to my ex in every way. Also I'm still in love with my ex even though she's probably with someone else anyway. The one time I've tried to talk to her since she never replied.

Sod it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    Wow. Then you must be an incredibly tolerant person.

I actually cringed majorly at that.
    Eurgh.
    To say the least, I was naive.
    We moved in together and it hit the fan.
    I'm on a heartbreaking streak atm, proper b****.

ReputationRep:
    'I can't get a girlfriend/boyfriend because.... my **** is too big and it intimidates the ladies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by f1re)
    here's something I've always wondered.

you classify yourself as a male, but is that a bi-sexual/gay or straight male? and what would you prefer your partner to be ?
    Bi. With a preference for girls (so more straight than gay).

I can't get a girlfriend/boyfriend because I am engaged :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
      because girls are gold diggers.

ReputationRep:
      'I can't get a girlfriend/boyfriend because.....'
      ... of me ...

...just being a socially awkard dork

That's about it. I didn't realise it until I was in my 20's (having been a complete loner until then), but I'm extremely "weird" and invariably leave people with a very unpleasant opinion of me. I see everything very differently to most people, I mean the world and reality in general, what words mean and how things relate to other things.

I also don't think I'm "worth" much to anyone (I mean, I have nothing to offer a girl that she'd like) so am quite retiring around people. Looking down at the ground when I walk past pretty girls, stuff like that.

I know my place.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Anonymous)
      shy, ugly, socially awkward, don't know what to say, full of self loathing so how could someone like me if I don't like myself, really poor, no fashion sense, listen to extreme metal and not much else, bad at sports, fairly overweight.

The usual
      If you're a girl I would give it a shot. Well... what kind of extreme metal?

ReputationRep:
      Because im loud and larey lol i just tend to get used or people go out with me for a joke xxxxxx

..I've got too many stretch marks from growing tall really quick.

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 12, 2010
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.