Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QuantumOverlord)
    I suppose Logically I am in a slightly better positon than rejectes , I admit that. But it would seem that at this stage Rejection is by far the most likely option (specifically an offer or pool would have been more likely to come early). Basically I'm taking the lateness to mean likely rejection.

Sorry If my comments were a little rash.
    Not at all. If I'm correct in thinking you're an international applicant then you're wrong. The chances are just the same as the second you were pooled. My friend is an international in the pool and it works differently for you guys. If a college chooses you then they might interview another applicant from the UK as well and basically, if they want to take that applicant then they'll reject you and if they don't want the applicant then they'll take you. Please note, this is just what a friend told me and I don't know where he got his information from, but if he's right then you won't find out until after the pooled people have been interviewed. That being said, your letter still should have arrived.

I'm going to say this again just to protect myself in the future, my friend told me that earlier, his name is mel3 on here, you may wish to speak to him. I'm not sure where or how he found it, I'm just passing the message on. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    Basically I'm taking the lateness to mean likely rejection.
    I think I remember you saying you applied to Sidney Sussex? If so, then lateness definitely doesn't mean rejection. I got a pooled letter sent on the 5th and an offer letter sent on the 7th - neither have come yet. The post is just exceptionally **** this year.

Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zuzuzu)
    I think I remember you saying you applied to Sidney Sussex? If so, then lateness definitely doesn't mean rejection. I got a pooled letter sent on the 5th and an offer letter sent on the 7th - neither have come yet. The post is just exceptionally **** this year.

Good luck.
    Really? Yes I did apply to sidney, Im also a UK applicant. How did you find out? I have no email either.

ReputationRep:
    Really? Yes I did apply to sidney, Im also a UK applicant. How did you find out? I have no email either.
    Yep, I'm a UK applicant as well. I found out by phone on Friday night telling me to ignore my letter saying I was in the pool. And nope, I haven't had an e-mail, nor has ucas updated or anything like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zuzuzu)
    Yep, I'm a UK applicant as well. I found out by phone on Friday night telling me to ignore my letter saying I was in the pool. And nope, I haven't had an e-mail, nor has ucas updated or anything like that.
    Ah okay, Ill ring them tommorow after my stats exam (best get revising:P)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lk2011)
    I know this could only be hear- say but it still makes me a tad hopeful- I'm disillusioned with my pooling status at this stage that I'm even stalking the rejection thread to see if poolies are getting rejected from the college I applied to (Jesus) yet.

I was just wondering though, would Irish (from the Republic, if that makes a difference) count as international/ overseas?
    I have no idea!

It COULD just be hearsay and I wouldn't want to give false hope, but it's just something I've heard that I thought you guys might to know. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    I received a letter in the post today saying I'd been pooled. Churchill, if it makes a difference.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't heard a thing either. Are we suppose to have heard by now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kevin6767)
    PPS St Catherine's college, was sent a rather nice email explaining they had had 55 applicants for 3 places and as I only had 5 A*'s and A's (rest were B's) at GCSE and a few retakes in chemistry it was to be expected. Good luck with the rest of your applications guys!
    I'm pooled for PPS St Catherine's as well. Still haven't heard though. We should both be proud to be pooled with those stats, though. Good luck with the rest of your applications.

ReputationRep:
    I received my pooled letter yesterday. It was dated 8 days ago. I might just e-mail them to see if they have made a final decision on my yet.

ReputationRep:
    Got rejected by Robinson for PPS - knew I didn't have much chance being pooled from them, given that in the past 4/5 years none of the people they placed in the pool were accepted by other colleges! Plus PPS is not only really competitive, but (at least at Robinson) the places can vary hugely from 7 places one year to just 2 the next.

Everyone who applied should be proud of themselves eitherway especially given the reduction in places this year and even more intense competition.
    LSE here I come <3 lol, I was incredibly disappointed at first and I know how it feels, but I guess it's somewhat a blessing in disguise - as the IR course at LSE and Durham has more focus on areas I am interested in, plus LSE's politics department consistently ranks higher than Cambridge's which many people forget under Cambridge's exclusive "brand name".

Peaceee

ReputationRep:
    Got pooled by Emma, then got my rejection letter yesterday. I'm honestly not that bothered, it makes life a lot simpler for me. Plus, got my Durham offer

ReputationRep:
    Pooled and rejected from Kings, Chemical Engineering. No feedback yet.

ReputationRep:
    Rejected, geo from churchill.

ReputationRep:
    Hey I was also rejected by Cambridge, for Physical Natural Sciences.

Any of you here have/intend to request for feedback? You can just contact the college's admission office (the one that you originally applied to / allocated to). If you have received your feedback, can you pm me? Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by homer6)
    Pooled and rejected from Kings, Chemical Engineering. No feedback yet.
    Hey fellow King's applicant. You have to request for the feedback directly from King's admission office. Different colleges have different procedures when it comes to application feedback.

ReputationRep:
    PPS, Jesus - rejected last Wednesday

ReputationRep:
    Commiserations. It definitely isn't the best of times. :sad:

Hopefully alternative offers which'll make it easier. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone get quite nasty soul-crushing feedback from their rejection?
    I did for Medicine and was basically torn into, not given constructive criticism.
    They said things about my academics which would sound so ridiculous from another medical school: "averaging 90% in your AS Levels is basically quite ****"
    Fair enough, I have been totally put off Cambridge, don't think it would have been right for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toni42)
    Spotted there was an Oxford one but no Cambridge one so voila.

When: November 27th
    How: Opened letter in front of best friend, parents and sister
    What for: veterinary medicine
    College: Girton
    Emotions: A little disappointed but relied didn't have to face an interview and then be rejected.
    Why: I am assuming low AS modules and only on borderline for GCSEs feedback just said high level of other applicants with ASs in high 90%s but apparently my GCSEs results were impressive :eek:
    Reapply?: Not for this degree maybe for intercation or try later for phD or research maybe
    What did you get for GCSEs?

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.