Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

NSPCC Campaign on facebook : to stop violence against children Watch

ReputationRep:

Oaky Doke!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gbduo)
    Damn it, why do so many people have to have a warped sense of humour! I thought I was the only one, lol!
    Haha, classic!

ReputationRep:
    I changed mine to Floppy from The Magic Key.

I know it won't actually help the NSPCC in any way, except maybe to make people think about them and possibly donate if they're feeling generous. But I thought I'd do it anyway, even if it didn't help it's fun.

ReputationRep:
    Somebody needs to tell this guy about the whole change-your-pic thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLAo-pVbxjs

ReputationRep:
    Haha, I changed mine to Dastardly and Muttley from Wacky Races

There's been a few people that have said "How is this going to change anything?", but the way I see it, it's raising awareness and it's making people think about it - When you log on to facebook, and all of your friends have cartoons as their profile pictures, you're going to wonder what the hell is going on, aren't you? And when you ask, they're going to explain that it's for the NSPCC, and hence bring the charity to the front of your mind. That's the whole point. Also, it's a bit of fun, and it really does remind us that we're all kids (or at least, we all once were), and that it happens to people just like us. Brings it home, if you know what I mean.

I think it's a good idea, personally!

ReputationRep:

= me. except im obvs more beautiful tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NaturalDisaster)
    I stopped posting for a while, it was just one more distraction but Facebook kept getting in the way so I figured, why not TSR as well. :lol:
    Haha, that's exactly what happened to me :grin:.

ReputationRep:
    http://techyum.com/2010/12/making-ch...cebook-famous/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barden)
    Well no... because one is supposed to get sponsorship for growing their moustache during Movember...
    plenty of people do it without being sponsored.. nevertheless when a group of friends all grow moustaches randomly, people ask and it still raises awareness
    i'm not here to talk about moustaches anyways, was just a simple analogy. clearly i'm mistaken.

ReputationRep:
    Any excuse to have a DP of Gustav 'Patton' Griswald from Recess! The boy's badass!

ReputationRep:
    Someone I know had their status as "I was going to rape a child today but when I saw all these cartoon characters as profile pictures, I changed my mind - Why don't you all just donate a pound you tight ****ers" with a link to the paypal site to donate. Facebook then proceeded to delete the Donating a pound bit and the link for some reason....

ReputationRep:

:')

ReputationRep:

This is on mine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thesnowman)
    You legend. Courage the Cowardly Dog?
    Yup i watched that too, muriel and eustace :teehee:

cartoon cartoon on fridays was awesome too :adore:

ReputationRep:
    Ed, Edd and Eddy :grin:

ReputationRep:
    ive been danger mouse, little bill and now im jackie chan. all my male friend have being creative and bringing back fond memories.. someone put up biker mice from mars (who rememebers that)...but for the girls, they all either simba from lion king or a princess...they've all gone for a disney theme.

ReputationRep:
    My photo.... is still a picture of me.
    I don't see how having a picture of a cartoon is going to stop child abuse.

ReputationRep:
    As I said in another thread, I'm not in it for the cause because I think it's bull and don't see how it can make the slightest difference. However, 80% of my friends list did it and I'm taking this opportunity to have a picture of Sonic the Hedgehog up on Facebook without looking like a complete freak.

ReputationRep:
    apparently, its a scam? set up by padeophiles cos kids accept people with profile photos set as cartoon characters faster. s'what ive heard!

ReputationRep:
    tbh they did the exact same thing in Germany about three weeks ago.. but just for fun.
    Then some English person decides to do the same here, and say its to raise awareness of the NSPCC to make people actually do it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.