Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    sadly i applied for 5 self catered and have ended with catered which is the last thing I wanted, am i screwed ? im really picky food wise so this f***ing sucks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parisa383)
    is anyone have a idea about premium plus single in nixon court?
    Well iv got it too I'm Block E Floor 2, Flat 10, Room 217 and that's premium plus single.

It basicly means its slight bigger than a standard single room and u have ur own sink in the room. Which tbh is handy as u dnt know how hygenic ur housemates will be lol.

Anyone else in nixon court block E?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starbugs)
    sadly i applied for 5 self catered and have ended with catered which is the last thing I wanted, am i screwed ? im really picky food wise so this f***ing sucks.
    its only for one year though, the majority of the accommodation is catered, its not a big deal, its has its positives, your weekly spend will be massively reduced, and when your course gets very busy there is no need to worry about cooking and washing up etc.....

ReputationRep:
    Anyone in or near Huncote Flr 0 Flat 1?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trumpcard)
    Block F...I think you're on the opposite end of the "court"!
    No clue. Could be. Anyways Im coming on October 2nd so we will see

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L3ann3)
    Freshers starts on the 3rd October. The first week of Freshers you have no real lectures. Just introductory ones. Real lectures start on the second week of freshers.

I was in catered in the first year and our sub-warden was ok about it. i guess it depend son the sub-warden but usually they are ok as long as your guest doesn't make a nuisance of themself or destroys anything.

I'm in catered accommodation this year in GMS, how is the food?!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone in Beaumont block 2?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sourcream)
    I'm in catered accommodation this year in GMS, how is the food?!
    It's alright. Not exactly brilliant, but WAAAY better than school dinners.
    Also, I really hope you like jacket potato. At least once every flippin week...

Being catered's dead convienient. Cooked breakfast every morning, food straight after labs, they even gave out flapjacks, porridge, and fruit at the bus stops during exam time.

I remember pizza, fish and chips, chilli con carne, spag bolognaise, lasagne, potato croquettes, mac and cheese, veggie chow mein, roast dinner (often steak or chicken)

You get juice and hot drinks, though they switched off the coffee machine a few times when the mugs kept getting nicked, and the glasses are tiny (unless you grabbed the pint glasses hidden on a shelf just as you leave the kitchen.

The chocolate fudge cake is awesome!

And you get a choice of 3 meals (one of which is veggie). Except on jacket potato night. That sucked.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AJ_86)
    Nixon Court block K anyone?
    Hi, my partner is coming to Leicester in October and just accepted Nixon Court - Block K.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ketan1991)
    Well iv got it too I'm Block E Floor 2, Flat 10, Room 217 and that's premium plus single.

It basicly means its slight bigger than a standard single room and u have ur own sink in the room. Which tbh is handy as u dnt know how hygenic ur housemates will be lol.

Anyone else in nixon court block E?

hey!! thanks for the info on premium plus single room...even i have a premium plus single in block A at nixon court!

anybody else in block A??

ReputationRep:
    Opal Court Block D floor 2 anybody??

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any idea how to input the address for Nixon court into Amazon.co.uk? I've entered it as the accommodation site suggests, but it keeps rejecting it wanting only the main Nixon court address - no room or block number. That doesn't make sense. I could over ride, but amazon strongly suggests not doing that...

Am trying to order bedding (not thrilled with the one choice the uni offered - and this was less expensive) and have it shipped to my block before I arrive. Desperately wanting to keep my luggage down if I can.

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Opal court Block C Floor 7 Flat 34 anyone??

ReputationRep:
    I'm an american student studying at Leicester in the spring, and I had a few questions if anyone could answer them.

1. Do any of the halls/accommodation have air conditioning? I know this is harder to come by in England because the weather is more mild than Chicago, but I get terrible hayfever and the air conditioning would really help.

2. I'm definitely a social butterfly so I don't know if any halls/houses are known for having a good amount of people and events.

3. Most students that study abroad from my university stayed in the Digby houses, but I was wondering if I'd meet more english students in the blocks? I want to meet as many different people from different backgrounds and not just stay in my american bubble.

I need an accommodation that is catered, in Oadby, with a twin room, and I don't need my own bathroom in-suite. Any suggestions?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkmcneill)
    I'm an american student studying at Leicester in the spring, and I had a few questions if anyone could answer them.

1. Do any of the halls/accommodation have air conditioning? I know this is harder to come by in England because the weather is more mild than Chicago, but I get terrible hayfever and the air conditioning would really help.

2. I'm definitely a social butterfly so I don't know if any halls/houses are known for having a good amount of people and events.

3. Most students that study abroad from my university stayed in the Digby houses, but I was wondering if I'd meet more english students in the blocks? I want to meet as many different people from different backgrounds and not just stay in my american bubble.

I need an accommodation that is catered, in Oadby, with a twin room, and I don't need my own bathroom in-suite. Any suggestions?!
    1. Not that I know of, i've never really heard of any student housing having any type of acommodation. But I would say not to worry, our spring is probably similar to your autumn haha

2. They say that Beaumont/Digby halls are the most social but to be honest, it depends on the people you have in your halls.

3. Most British students do stay in Oadby, but i've noticed a lot of international students living in John Foster (from Europe and Asia mainly) but i'd say you will get a good mix of people anyway

what course will you be doing when you come to UoL?

ReputationRep:
    just wondering whether it is mixed halls or not in the accomodation?

ReputationRep:
    I'm an American student planning to study at Leicester this spring. I've been told that most international students stay in Beaumont or Digby. However, I was offered a room in John Foster (which wasn't on any of my choices). Will there be very many other international students in John Foster?

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm an American Student studying abroad next semester and I found out I'll be living in Inglewood on the ground floor! Can anyone tell me what it's like?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheBlackMonster)
    1. Not that I know of, i've never really heard of any student housing having any type of acommodation. But I would say not to worry, our spring is probably similar to your autumn haha

2. They say that Beaumont/Digby halls are the most social but to be honest, it depends on the people you have in your halls.

3. Most British students do stay in Oadby, but i've noticed a lot of international students living in John Foster (from Europe and Asia mainly) but i'd say you will get a good mix of people anyway

what course will you be doing when you come to UoL?
    I'll be studying English!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Larsson)
    just wondering whether it is mixed halls or not in the accomodation?
    typically its boys on the ground floor and girls on the first floor but it depends on your accommodation.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.