Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DH-Biker)
    Don't want too.
    Don't smoke.
    Don't do drugs.
    Rarely (hardly) drink.

I don't care if it can be a fun experiance, it gives me no long term benefits.

I could say I'm addicted to adrenaline, though. Hmm... Then again, no short nor long term damage.
    So do you not do ANYTHING in life? Unless it gives you long term benefits?
    What happened to living life to enjoy it?

ReputationRep:
    I think instead of trying to discourage cannabis use, more effort should be put into encouraging youngsters to use vaporisers instead, which have NONE of the negative affects associated with smoking.

There has been no scientific proof that cannabis causes any type of mental health issue and is non-addictive, whereas alcohol has been proved to cause addiction, psychosis and long-term depression.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stefan1991)
    I think instead of trying to discourage cannabis use, more effort should be put into encouraging youngsters to use vaporisers instead, which have NONE of the negative affects associated with smoking.
    Thats not quite true.

ReputationRep:
    Dont force it upon people. Its an experience, not something you should do because however many percent of people your age group have done it.

(Original post by Krov)
    It never killed anyone directly, big difference
    Yes indeed. And in fact with that logic, we should avoid soap because, although not directly, it can cause serious harm of people slip on it.

(Original post by Glowy Amoeba)
    So no thanks. Alcohol goes well with a meal or at a party, but drugs are for those who lack imagination and cigarettes are for those who lack willpower.
    I find having a cheeky roll up compliments drinking a pint of milk well. It doesnt mean that I, like you have done, will denounce any behaviour contrary to my own.

(Original post by Liam 09)
    I have no rational reason, except maybe the illegality, I just don't want to and to me it seems a more risky thing to do than drinking, despite reports to the contrary. I also don't discredit anyone who smokes weed.
    I kind of agree with this. I would perhaps do it more if it was legal, because I fear having "possession of drugs" on my record. As for the drinking part, I find it the other way round. Drinking is far riskier, because I am more likely to do something really retarded.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spetznaaz)
    Weed is everywhere, one of the easiest things to acquire.

Rolling is an art and everyone has to start somewhere, or you can just do bowls.

why would you smoke it alone anyway?
    For most people, I'm sure. A lot of quiet people don't fancy asking for a number of a drug dealer though. Rolling being an art is going a bit far. In the end, it's not hard. You'd smoke it alone if you had nobody else to smoke it with but were curious enough to try.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bongboy6969)
    LOL you don't drink either? WOW! You must be LOOOOOAAAADDDS of fun! I bet you have tons of friends! haha or maybe not.....

You like being in control of your brain...fair enough...but I can pretty much gurantee (yeah the politically correct anti-drug/alcohol/fun crowd will jump on me for this) that I have had alot more good times then you have....

so if you don't drink either, what exactly do you do when you go out with friends?

don't tell me you go out and dance while your totally sober?

(waits for this loser to tell me "I don't enjoy clubbing" lol)
    Thankfully, everyone thinks in a different way. :p:
    Your personal opinions on life and its constituent parts are by no means definitive, nor do they necessarily apply to anyone's life but your own. :nah:

The term 'fun' is subjective. For example, is 'clubbing' really fun? You imply here that you wouldn't enjoy it if you didn't lend your mind and body to drugs of one kind or another beforehand. :yep:

You have a biased view of the topic, because you have lived a life in which drugs have played a fairly central role (or at least, that's what I understand from reading some of your posts). I also have a biased view, having had virtually no encounters with drugs in any form. Every post on this thread has an ever-so-slightly different perspective on the subject from the next one. And so everyone will have a different mindset when discursing over drugs.

Also:
    mate, look outside your window, become a normal student, get wrecked, get a girlfriend, and have fun...but your probably not confident enough...
    :lolwut: Peer pressure? Seriously?

I don't understand people who have such a strong desire to fit in that they will willingly compromise comfort/happiness to attain such a 'status'.
    But hey, my lack of understanding on this point just reinforces my above discussion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james.h)
    Just so you know, I drink and I take drugs but still admit that clubbing is utter ****e.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Irrelevance)
    For most people, I'm sure. A lot of quiet people don't fancy asking for a number of a drug dealer though. Rolling being an art is going a bit far. In the end, it's not hard. You'd smoke it alone if you had nobody else to smoke it with but were curious enough to try.
    Weed dealers are usually sound. Can you roll? There a big difference between a spliff, a good spliff, and a great spliff.

Surely you could find someone to smoke with though, stoners are generally nice friendly welcoming people, just go to a reggae event or rave lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bongboy6969)
    you resort to this crap because you lack in other areas of your life...
    Kind of how many people view people like you smoking cannabis.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spetznaaz)
    When was the last time someone got lung cancer, went into a coma, or lost a leg from cannabis?

No matter how much cannabis you smoked you could never go into a coma - quite common from drinking too much alcohol though.

You know the oldest woman in the world (100 and something i forget) smoked cannabis every single day. I know that doesn't mean much scientifically, but interesting still.
    i know, but u can get it from smoking and drinking, but thats just as harmless as weed right???
    (btw you CAN get lung deseases from cannabis!)

anyway, if you try it ONCE i dont think its a problem but its still a drug and theres a reason why its prohibited, right?

ReputationRep:
    Personally I dont like weed that much, I have tried it but it makes me dumb and bad company because I cant follow a conversation.

MD on the othe hand...

ReputationRep:
    Taking drugs has never appealed to me because people can end up in dangerous situations when they take them. And it's not good for your health. I don't look down on people who have tried weed but it's never something I'd want to get into

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kiwihoney)
    i know, but u can get it from smoking and drinking, but thats just as harmless as weed right???
    (btw you CAN get lung deseases from cannabis!)

anyway, if you try it ONCE i dont think its a problem but its still a drug and theres a reason why its prohibited, right?
    But there's also a reason why it is decriminalised in places such as the Netherlands, Paraguay and several states in North America

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n00)
    Thats not quite true.
    Inhaling cannabis vapour is about as harmful as inhaling water vapour.
    Are you advocating against taking hot showers on grounds of health now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stefan1991)
    Inhaling cannabis vapour is about as harmful as inhaling water vapour.
    Are you advocating against taking hot showers on grounds of health now?
    Rubbish. You need an expensive vaporizer, precise temperature. Too hot and you might as well smoke it too cold and you wont get high and even then you will not eliminate all the undesirables.

I have used a volcano btw, it is very nice just wish i had the £300 to buy one.

ReputationRep:
    As much as I always enjoy the occasional joint, I don't like to smoke before going clubbing... I get a bit overwhelmed and antisocial when I'm stoned at a nightclub. But I still do this mistake quite often. When someone lights up at the pre-party or something, I'm always like "ok, why not".

It makes you think (very deep and intelligent stuff actually), it makes you creative, it makes you understand things in a different way, it makes you enjoy videogames, music, TV Series and movies, it makes you appreciate nature when you smoke while walking in a forest, but for me it's definitely NOT a party drug.

ReputationRep:
    It is absolutely stinking.

I have friends that do it and the smell that lingers in their clothes is absolutely foul.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, so the only reason that's it's bad to not take drugs is some pop culture reason.

Perhaps people who take drugs should recognise that people think differently, or maybe it's true that drugs rots the brain.

ReputationRep:
    because its bad for you! that's what they told me at school

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.