Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    No changes to postgraduate degrees.
    Including PGCEs? (I know this will sound like a stupid question but I've been asking people this for weeks and nobody has answered me).

ReputationRep:
    I'm proud of the students who took to the streets today. Immensely so. I couldn't be there myself, but it is heart warming to see such passion, such desire, such awareness among our citizens. There hasn't been a scent of revolt this potent for a very long time. You can tell the mindset of our populace is changing. The future is left. The future is revolutionary. The future is Labour.

ReputationRep:
    I don't see what the problem is, the fees don't come in until 2012, the world ends in 2012 so nobody has to pay their fees back?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teveth)
    I'm proud of the students who took to the streets today. Immensely so. I couldn't be there myself, but it is heart warming to see such passion, such desire, such awareness among our citizens. There hasn't been a scent of revolt this potent for a very long time. You can tell the mindset of our populace is changing. The future is left. The future is revolutionary. The future is Labour.

Shut up Teveth.

I have to say, you're one of the funnier trolls on this forum.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
      Also means I'll be priced out of studying medicine if I don't get in this cycle.

Yay.
      any interview offers yet?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by teveth)
      i'm proud of the students who took to the streets today. Immensely so. I couldn't be there myself, but it is heart warming to see such passion, such desire, such awareness among our citizens. There hasn't been a scent of revolt this potent for a very long time. You can tell the mindset of our populace is changing. The future is left. The future is revolutionary. The future is labour.
      nuremberg rally much

ReputationRep:

If Labour were increasing fees would you have taken to the streets, and did you do so when they introduced fees?

For the record this is the second time I am asking him this, but I don't expect an answer!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by KingofSpades)
      any interview offers yet?
      One so far. No rejections yet!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by meenu89)
      If Labour were increasing fees would you have taken to the streets, and did you do so when they introduced fees?

For the record this is the second time I am asking him this, but I don't expect an answer!
      Many people did protest against the introduction of fees under Labour.
      The people protesting now wouldn't have protested then because they were younger!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by WelshBluebird)
      Many people did protest against the introduction of fees under Labour.
      The people protesting now wouldn't have protested then because they were younger!

tbh I'm only asking Teveth.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by meenu89)

I got neg raped by stupid Labourites.
      I want to know why there was no riots when Labour introduced this?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by im so academic)
      Yes because graduates in Media/Film are skilled. :rolleyes: (I have seen the course content - it really is appalling).

Hence why the government should scrap Mickey Mouse courses and promote STEM courses.
      No.

If the government takes away funding and the students are forced to bear the full burden of fees then they don't get a say in which courses are run to be honest.

The students are paying from 2012 so the University will decide which courses are running, not the public and not the government.

ReputationRep:
      I guess when student graduate they're just going to spend their whole lifetime paying it back to the government and guess what we'll be in so much debt we won't be able to afford cars, holidays, houses, property's or parties because we can't save up.

ReputationRep:
      Guys, when will these changes come into action. i've heard it'll be roughly around about 2013.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by chloeee!)
      I'm probably going to get negged for this but I don't understand what all the fuss is about? Admittedly I don't know enough about the whole debate to really reach a considered conclusion but it's not as though poor people are going to be unable to go to university - loans do still exist to compensate for the rise, people. Taxing graduates to fund university education as Labour want to do just isn't fair - if you want to go to university, then it's up to you to pay for it, end of.
      You failed at the second sentence mate.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by chloeee!)
      I'm probably going to get negged for this but I don't understand what all the fuss is about? Admittedly I don't know enough about the whole debate to really reach a considered conclusion but it's not as though poor people are going to be unable to go to university - loans do still exist to compensate for the rise, people. Taxing graduates to fund university education as Labour want to do just isn't fair - if you want to go to university, then it's up to you to pay for it, end of.
      There are lots of reasons people are against it. I agree with your point kind of- I know friends who say since they still get the loan the higher fees wouldn't have affected their decision at all.

The thing I don't like is the fact that they aren't giving interest free loans any more, so it's proper borrowing... the thing that re-assured me about taking so many loans was that it was only an inflation rate of interest; if I had to pay extra on top of that it would put me off a bit. Although I'd probably still have gone in the end cause I want to be a teacher and it's so degree specific. But I can definitely see how it could put people off going to uni (although it's not about poorer people not being able to go, more 'money sensible' people not wanting to go).

Personally I agree with the NUS's model of graduate tax. It equates pretty similarly for the students, but it should bring a better return for the government sooner. But that's just my opinion. And only the graduates who went to uni after the tax was introduced would pay of course.

I + repped your post though because I don't think it's fair so many people negged it, I don't really see why. It's all individual opinion anyway.

ReputationRep:
      I am appalled by the Lib Dem's decision. Completely they have lost the faith for all those that voted them, I guess we can all take comfort in the fact that today they sealed their fate, cracks have opened and will remain opened. Nick Clegg, you are the one to blame.

And what does this say about British Politics? A bunch of liers. Well at least the Liberals - Ha 'Liberals' my arse, if I were part of them I would be ashamed to class myself as such.

As for the increase, I am completely against them, why do we all have to pay when those Etonians went to Uni for free?

I just hope these student demonstrations continue.

ReputationRep:
      It's times like these that we don't need. Regressive cuts are just the start.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by pinda.college)
      Guys, when will these changes come into action. i've heard it'll be roughly around about 2013.

It will be 2012.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-11483638

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 18, 2010
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.