Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Sociology - AQA Unit 4 - Crime and Deviance and Research Methods Jan 2011 Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurakeenan)
    thats very low because was it not over 100 in June 10 for the education one to get an A
    June 2010 Education was 69% for an A, or 62/90. So dunno where you got over 100 from

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teaandcoffee)
    June 2010 Education was 69% for an A, or 62/90. So dunno where you got over 100 from
    really?

i thought it would have been much higher as my course at the moment to get an A its 80 but thats out of 100, i could have swore my teacher said over 100 shows i dont listen much in the class haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurakeenan)
    really?

i thought it would have been much higher as my course at the moment to get an A its 80 but thats out of 100, i could have swore my teacher said over 100 shows i dont listen much in the class haha
    yes really I think teachers mark things like 60% C, 70% B, 80% A sort of thing maybe?

ReputationRep:
    I don't know about education, but if you go onto the AQA Grade Boundaries website you can take a look for yourself.
    Sorry I accidently negged you :rolleyes: I clicked to go to another page then in that split second the page loaded some more. I'll give you positive rating tomorrow :P

lol at positive neg mistake

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jess (:)
    Sorry I accidently negged you :rolleyes: I clicked to go to another page then in that split second the page loaded some more. I'll give you positive neg tomorrow :P
    Haha! I have done that so many times before!

ReputationRep:
    Eerrmm is it just me or were the 15marker and 33 marker very similar cuz questionnaires are a Positivist method?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MichellePamisa)
    Eerrmm is it just me or were the 15marker and 33 marker very similar cuz questionnaires are a Positivist method?
    Not for me, I answered the questionnaire question completely in the context of prisons. Then I did all about Positivism in the last Q.

ReputationRep:
    I wrote 1 and a half pages, don't think its enough for 33 marks..

I'm still yet to see anyone else apart from abbi.blythe who has talked about suicide on the positivist q? hmm! :confused:
    I did! Criticised Durkheims example of verificationism with Interpretivism and went on about diff research meths, and verstehen etc.

ReputationRep:
    I hope this paper is okay in June. I completely messed up beliefs in society, I was so ill

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IHeartAmerica1993)
    Apparentely they're changing the spec. for next year- they're going to make it easier by getting rid of the methods question.
    Can I ask where you heard this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plonk)
    Can I ask where you heard this?
    I said this to the sociology teacher at my school and she said its a rumour?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IHeartAmerica1993)
    Ughhh I couldn't sleep at all last night so my mind went blank in the exam.
    I mumbled something about positivist/critical victimology in the 1st question. Didn't even think to mention ethnicity/age etc :/
    Then in the second question I said something along the lines of Cohen said subcultures formed out of frustration of failing to achieve legitimate goals.
    Then I just said that Cloward and Ohlin said there were different subcultures and described them. Ughh I phrased all my questions so badly I know I'm going to be lucky to get a D and I'm predicted an A.

The last question was unexpected to say the least :/ It was so unspecific. I just rambled something about positivists see humans like rocks so we can study them in a detached way hahhahahaha. I think by this time I was so high on tiredness.

Tbh I think the examiners were complete b*stards with this exam. No major theories came up like marxism, functionalism, interactionism. Nor did any of the easy sections like gender or ethnicity. I'm actually really angry about this.

yeahh that was good you mentioned cloward and ohlin
    i wrote about cohen aswell and charles murray when he said about the welfare dependant subculture etc and then contrasted it with matza how he said that crimes in groups but about has the main element of drift then contrasted the whole thing with merton who said crime was individual... that question was beautifulll

it wasnt that bad item b was packed with stuff
    i didnt like the first question about victims i took it at the complete wrong angle and said how people are not lilkey to be victims i didnt think about stuff like target hardening stopping you from becoming a victim booo

least you were on the right lines i highly doubt if your predicted an a youll get a d goodluck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LucyMorgans19)
    yeahh that was good you mentioned cloward and ohlin
    i wrote about cohen aswell and charles murray when he said about the welfare dependant subculture etc and then contrasted it with matza how he said that crimes in groups but about has the main element of drift then contrasted the whole thing with merton who said crime was individual... that question was beautifulll

it wasnt that bad item b was packed with stuff
    i didnt like the first question about victims i took it at the complete wrong angle and said how people are not lilkey to be victims i didnt think about stuff like target hardening stopping you from becoming a victim booo

least you were on the right lines i highly doubt if your predicted an a youll get a d goodluck
    haha I called cloward 'clowin' wow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danielsmith)
    Not for me, I answered the questionnaire question completely in the context of prisons. Then I did all about Positivism in the last Q.
    Oh right, yeaa I did that but because it was on Positivist research methods, it was kinds confusing. Oh well...will have to wait for the results, right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MichellePamisa)
    Oh right, yeaa I did that but because it was on Positivist research methods, it was kinds confusing. Oh well...will have to wait for the results, right?
    Well as long as you did that then there should be no worries! Yeah we will, good luck!

ReputationRep:
    I keep thinking over how my sociology units have gone, and I really can't tell if I have done well or not! I mean, they all went okay, but you can never be sure really?

ReputationRep:
    When do we get the results back from this exam?
    Is it usually March 12th ish? I can't remember from last year but that date is stuck in my head for some reason!

ReputationRep:
    I think it's the 10th
    Next thursday D:

ReputationRep:
    Got my result today: A

How did everyone else do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danielsmith)
    Got my result today: A

How did everyone else do?
    I think most people get their result tomorrow. Well done though. Ah Im nervous

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.