Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trisaratops)
    I'm international as well and have been glued to my email inbox all day! aghhhhh :banghead: Do you know if every college sends out emails to internationals?
    gahhhh. same here. but it's only like 9am in the UK right now so might still be a couple hours. i hate the time difference.
    oh, and i emailed them and requested an email cos i'm really not sure what the colleges do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trisaratops)
    I'm international as well and have been glued to my email inbox all day! aghhhhh :banghead: Do you know if every college sends out emails to internationals?
    you should request for email.
    Not sure if all colleges send, but most does.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariakh)
    Does anybody know whether international students get e-mailed the decisions on the 5th? If so then do you need to 'request' for this? I really can't bear the thought of waiting an exta two weeks or so for the post...
    For King's they asked all intl students to e-mail them for receipt of their result on or after january 6th. I e-mailed them, and they said they will reply sometime today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by homer6)
    For King's they asked all intl students to e-mail them for receipt of their result on or after january 6th. I e-mailed them, and they said they will reply sometime today.
    when did they tell this?
    I'm also International and applied to kings.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ragaa)
    when did they tell this?
    I'm also International and applied to kings.
    there is an applicant information page in the King's website where they have clearly stated the relevant dates and updates:
    http://www.kings.cam.ac.uk/study/und...formation.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by homer6)
    there is an applicant information page in the King's website where they have clearly stated the relevant dates and updates:
    http://www.kings.cam.ac.uk/study/und...formation.html
    I thought they had replied to your email.
    I applied for medicine what did you apply for?

ReputationRep:
    On St John's website it says that if we haven't received letters by the 8th of jan then we should email but it mentions nothing about international students. Should i email now, 6th jan, or does it seem a bit pushy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jassmith)
    On St John's website it says that if we haven't received letters by the 8th of jan then we should email but it mentions nothing about international students. Should i email now, 6th jan, or does it seem a bit pushy?
    email them.
    As the other colleges have asked Internationals to do so.

ReputationRep:
    good luck to all of you guys! i hope that all of us will get just what we need to get

ReputationRep:
    good luck everyone
    wish u all the best! xx

ReputationRep:
    Good luck everyone! The wait is killing me, got work today and don't get in until 6...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pink giggle)
    haha, well, i guess getting a cam offer was a good way to end the day
    yeah you are right, now I will remember that day as 'the day i got an offer from Cambridge' instead of 'the day my last wisdom tooth got pulled' - a rather nice turn of events

Good Luck everyone !! Hope you all wont have to wait much longer...

ReputationRep:
    I've just got the decision letter by email and I am utterly confused. Yes, I got an offer, I should be happy and all, but the conditions are ridiculous - 45 in the IB diploma and 9 overall in IELTS + 9 in the Writing section. That can't be managed, it's just crazy. Is there anyone here who had a following experience? That is, a condition on scoring 45 in the IB? (And, in addition, Band 9 in IELTS is the highest - usually international applicants are required to achieve something around 7 or 7.5 overall even for Oxbridge)

When I came on this morning and saw how many new posts there were in this offer thread I became very excited about how many of us were lucky! Argh! This has just become another chat thread.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by metjush)
      I've just got the decision letter by email and I am utterly confused. Yes, I got an offer, I should be happy and all, but the conditions are ridiculous - 45 in the IB diploma and 9 overall in IELTS + 9 in the Writing section. That can't be managed, it's just crazy. Is there anyone here who had a following experience? That is, a condition on scoring 45 in the IB? (And, in addition, Band 9 in IELTS is the highest - usually international applicants are required to achieve something around 7 or 7.5 overall even for Oxbridge)
      are u sure there hasnt been some mistake?? the typical IB offer is liek 42-3?!?! its ridiculous to want sum1 to get 45?! and i know about the ILETS, my friend did them last year...i thought getting +7 was considered exceptional?? which subject did u apply for? and which college?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Choirboy)
      When I came on this morning and saw how many new posts there were in this offer thread I became very excited about how many of us were lucky! Argh! This has just become another chat thread.
      Thing is, the person who made the thread left, and now I look like I'm the starter but I can't change the title or anything

ReputationRep:
      I dnt know about the IB.
      |But 9 in IELTS is near impossible.

I did and got 8 over all.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Bubbles2010)
      are u sure there hasnt been some mistake?? the typical IB offer is liek 42-3?!?! its ridiculous to want sum1 to get 45?! and i know about the ILETS, my friend did them last year...i thought getting +7 was considered exceptional?? which subject did u apply for? and which college?
      Economics and Peterhouse. It's crazy I know, but I doubt it is a mistake. But I'll wait for the physical letter should anything change

ReputationRep:
      You got offered your predicted lol sounds fair enough in a way..

ReputationRep:
      aaargh this wait is killing me. has anyone got post today??

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.