Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should non-medical circumcision of under-18s be banned? watch

ReputationRep:
    My younger brothers were circumcised medically and I still remember the pain they went through afterwards. It was quite upsetting seeing as they were only young.

I don't intend on circumcising my children in the future because it's a pretty useless procedure, imo.

:dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by House of Jonny)
    WAS jesus circumcised?

Calm down bro. Its just a thread. So far you have been posting like crazy
    yeah, he was a jew! There are some christians who practice male circumcision (although they don't follow the version of christianity which we know in britain (paulian) which is the work of St Paul....

Yeah, been posting quite a bit, should be mastering excel to advanced level, but sooo boring...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OmicronPersei8)
    My younger brothers were circumcised medically and I still remember the pain they went through afterwards. It was quite upsetting seeing as they were only young.

I don't intend on circumcising my children in the future because it's a pretty useless procedure, imo.

:dontknow:
    well you wouldn't if you're not a jew/muslim

ReputationRep:
    I was circumsized when I was 7 due to medical reasons and can remember it all...The pain wasn't that bad, Fair enough it was sore for a month or so but I don't think its as bad as some people are making it out to be on this thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bunty64)
    yeah, he was a jew! There are some christians who practice male circumcision (although they don't follow the version of christianity which we know in britain (paulian) which is the work of St Paul....

Yeah, been posting quite a bit, should be mastering excel to advanced level, but sooo boring...

OH YEAH!!! :FACEPALM: And im supposed to be the christian :facepalm2: :lol:

Yeah I know. Im supposed to do physics revision. Tis so boring. I fell asleep. At the book.

*added* to my sig.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by House of Jonny)
    OH YEAH!!! :FACEPALM: And im supposed to be the christian :facepalm2: :lol:

Yeah I know. Im supposed to do physics revision. Tis so boring. I fell asleep. At the book.

*added* to my sig.
    you'd be surprised at how many christians in britain who didn't realise that fact about jesus.....

back to the physics?

ReputationRep:
    There are some christians who practice male circumcision (although they don't follow the version of christianity which we know in britain (paulian) which is the work of St Paul...
    Very true. Christians in Nigeria, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Sierra Leone (where most people are either Christian or Muslim) are circumcised at birth, and they are in many other African countries - even in non-African countries like South Korea and the Philippines, circumcision is the norm. And that doesn't even include loads of teenage guys in China, Malaysia and Japan, who often choose circumcision before they start dating girls, and recommend it to their friends. In Japan, it's cheap and strongly approved of by girls for hygiene reasons. In China, there are circumcision ads on giant posters, and in buses, trains and subways...

ReputationRep:
    what is the majority? And we you talking about in britain?
    No i'm not talking about in Britain, but most people who get circumcised end up marrying someone from their ethnic back background, and to do so they would have to e circumcised.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Wow necro thread

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    Jesus was not circumcised like they do it today. Jews traditionally would just draw a tiny amount of blood from the head of the penis, no cutting. The Bible forbids circumcision. The idiot John Kellogs(yes the cornflake man) was the one who made the removal of the foreskin 'popular' to stop boys from masturbating. It should be banned, there is no medical reason for it for healthy baby's and children, its torture and needs to stop.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by There will be Particles)

That is an inflammatory anti-semitic comment which I find most disgusting and invasive of my rights as a semite.

It was actually a pretty sensible comment.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 12, 2011
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.