The Student Room Group

White People's Inventions

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NigerianStudent
And now you are starting to show your own racism by claiming that I am being aggresive

You started to insult Asian people ... it seems reasonable to label that as aggressive and racist.

It seems to me, since posting on TSR that that white people have like a dead zone in the brain when it comes to racism. Like an underdeveloped area of the brain because no-one can be this clueless.

You're just pathetic, I tried discussing with you, but your just puking non sense.

You're not listening what other people say, your just saying the same stuff over and over again not even replying to the point other people raise.

So why starting this thread ? White people are devil racist who hide on purpose all the greatness of your nation. End of the story, happy ?

Edit : I don't even understand you seriously. I was neither offensive, neither aggressive until you started to be. Why you started to insult every other "race" ? I tried to tell you that they were cultural bias into play, that foreigner contribution were recognized by all, that your vision of some stuff were oriented by anglo-saxon culture and that it was not even share by all "whites". Tell me when I was racist ?

Edit2 : by the way is there more information about that http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fulani_Empire available somewhere ? I humbly recognize that we are not taught about such things in high school, but to be honest you have to recognize that it's not only towards black people, we are barely only taught about Europe. Should student spend more time learning about foreign civilization while having less time to learn about their own, I don't know.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 241
I did not say Shakespere was the best poet. What I did say is that in a world of racism, what white people say is often taken as fact, so if they say Shakespeare is the best then he will be seen as the best. This is why advertisers spend millions on adverts because they work. An Armani or Versace suit is not necessarily better than any other suit but that’s not point if you can convince people that it is, that’s all that matters.

It’s not what is true. It’s what you can convince people is true and because white people have a louder stereo than anyone, as they own pretty much all of the major talking machines in the world, it’s a lot more easier for whites to convince that there reality is THE reality, that there history is THE history, that there beauty is THE beauty, that there way of testing intelligence is THE way to test intelligence (IQ tests)

I do get your point but you don't get mine. Why is Einstein seen as the most intelligent man to people who are not from Germany ? Why is his name associated with intelligence ? Why is he world wide known ? He wasn’t the only physicist ever to walk the earth. I could go and on. If whites say something is a problem, it is, and if whites insist it isn't, then it isn't. If whites say someone or thing is important they are. This is how it works. It does not matter what the country is. It does not matter what system you are under. Go to Africa, Asian, America and they will have all heard of the people who white people claim are great. Mozart, Bach, Columbus etc so this is not a country thing. White folks contributions have NEVER been ignored. Never been diminished or over looked, it does not matter what country you are in.

Oh yeah, great…..White man's burden ? Eh ? Whites came up with this idea that the west is actually saving everybody. They come into your house, kill, steal and convert your beliefs and claim that they are trying to civilize you.

Whites destroyed the civilizations of the Aztecs, Incas and West Africans.
They robbed Africa of its riches and made its people into slaves.
They wiped out the people of North America and Australia and took their land.
By 1900 they ruled most of the world, robbing it of its wealth and freedom.
They turned on each other in two world wars, killing tens of millions.
They undermine democracies in other countries and keep bad men in power when it suits them.
They discriminate against everyone who is not white.
They spent $2.3 trillion on Africa over the past 50 years and yet over a million die of malaria every year as if it were some strange, incurable disease.

Despite all that they still think they are better than everyone else, that they are a force for good, that they are well-meaning, and that your so smart and intelligent. You couldn't make it up. Power corrupts. As I said before when you control most of the talking machines in the world you can believe whatever you wants about its motives with no one to tell them otherwise who will widely be believed.

Then you say “White people discovered America while looking for China and India

Who told you that white people ? So of course, it must be true. Even though they didn’t or there is a strong argument that they didn’t, black Africans did

In fact Ivan Van Sertima wrote a book called “They Came Before Columbus”

http://www.amazon.com/They-Came-Before-Columbus-Presence/dp/0394402456

Your intelligence is limited only to what the people who you respect have told you and the people who have told you have let their racial bias affect their writing of history

Oh please. Name one good movie, documentary about Africa ? And by the way to many whites ancient Egypt does not count as an African civilization because Egypt is not truly African, hence whites try to debate the skin colour of Egyptians and claim they are not white, but it’s the media portrayal of sub Sarahran Africa where it gets messy. The images you see of Africa is they look alike: dark brown skin, flat noses, big lips and woolly hair. The women are fat, but that is how their men like them. They wear colorful clothes or almost nothing at all and love to play the drums and dance. They live in jungle clearings in little round huts.

They speak in some mumbo-jumbo that is not even a proper language. They have lack of civilization : Africa was a dark continent full of naked savages. They put bones through their noses and cooked people in big pots. Whites brought civilization, but unfortunately it has been falling to pieces ever since they left in the 1960s. They have lack of intelligence, this is where whites will point to tests show that black Africans have an average IQ of 70, which, sadly, proves they are not terribly bright as they suspected all along. So Africa will forever be screwed up unless outsiders step in to run things properly. They have savage rule.

Look at Mugabe !! and plus we have Bono, Geldof and Nice White Ladies who try to help Africa in spite of itself. War is ever-present wherever you go. The slave trade: carried on by blacks and Arabs for thousands of years, long before whites showed up. They are still at it! Most people in Africa are dying from Aids, proof they lack any kind of morals. Millions die of malaria, also incurable. This pretty much covers the media and movie imagery of Africa and if that what they have got, then you can have it.

As for China and Japan ?

Well first off. Remember.

BLACK PEOPLE SCARE WHITE PEOPLE. ASIANS DON'T

Because of this many white people see Asians as

WHITES IN TRANING

Asians are portrayed as doing well in school, not causing trouble. Although it might seem like a good thing, I would imagine many Asians hate being seen that way. Because it is not true. Because Asians are just people, not some strange stereotype cooked up in the minds of white people.

So sure, whites will say Asians are intelligent, and point to their IQ scores but then whites will say “Asians may have higher IQs, but whites are more inventive” and they will still typecast Asian males as nerdy and effeminate and their women as submissive and at the mercy of white western males. So that’s their way to sort of get around the Asian IQ roadblock

My point all the stereotypes of blacks and Asian only serve and maintain white supremacist ideology and I’ve long realised that often whites play up to Asians as the opposite of blacks, So they can tell themselves they are not racist while keeping their racist views about blacks untouched.

wow as an indian (asian) i never saw how whites use double standards towards balcks and asian. what you said is so true, whites see themselves as all rounders, e.g the best while blacks and asians are extremes
... Wrong place for a racist joke?
Reply 243
Original post by Broderss
But we need equality and diversity because that it what is right. How can we promote either if we don't let any ethnic minorities any chance in this world? If it's all unfair for them we will not have any equality.

Ethnic minorities are in fact overrepresented in the case of East Asian and indians in terms of academic achievement and the professions. This is reflective of differences in the g factor and conscientiousness.

http://www.udel.edu/educ/gottfredson/reprints/2004socialconsequences.pdf

Gottfredson, L. S. (2006). Social consequences of group differences in cognitive ability (Consequencias sociais das diferencas de grupo em habilidade cognitiva). In C. E. Flores-Mendoza & R. Colom (Eds.), Introducau a psicologia das diferencas individuais (pp. 433-456). Porto Allegre, Brazil: ArtMed Publishers.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Proud2BeEuropean
It is unkown where humans have orignated, new archeological evidence shows that the oldest human fossils have been found in Asia.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-11618814

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/international/first-humans-may-have-evolved-west-asia-781

Sorry to drag this up from 3 days ago, but bull****. The first link just shows that there may have been modern humans in this region of China earlier than they thought previously, meaning they left Africa earlier than it was thought previously. Although actually it's not really news, as there are studies from 1988-89 (link, link) showing modern humans outside of Africa more than 90,000 years ago. So this BBC link is completely irrelevant to your claim that humans originated in Asia.

And as for the second link, try reading the actual scientific article that the simplified news article is talking about. Going by the way modern human teeth develop, they estimated that the owners of the teeth died in childhood or adolescence - i.e. during development. They then go on to say that the teeth show some features in common with a group of "modern humans" (who also show many archaic and neanderthal traits) from around 100,000 years ago in Israel, but who died out by 80,000. The teeth also show features of neanderthal teeth.

The researchers actually give three possible explanations for the teeth, none of which claim that modern humans originated in Asia. They say that we cannot resolve the scenarios without further evidence.

You can't just blindly accept "scientific facts" from news articles. For example, the article says the teeth were 400,000 years old - no. The teeth were dated to "<300,000" and ">300,000, probably 300,000–400,000" years ago.

Plus you need to state whether "human" refers to Homo, Homo sapiens, or Homo sapiens sapiens, as this makes a big difference to the argument. Homo habilis is dated back to around 2 million years ago.
(edited 13 years ago)
Then you say “White people discovered America while looking for China and India

Who told you that white people ? So of course, it must be true. Even though they didn’t or there is a strong argument that they didn’t, black Africans did

In fact Ivan Van Sertima wrote a book called “They Came Before Columbus”

http://www.amazon.com/They-Came-Before-Columbus-Presence/dp/0394402456

Actually, technically, Siberians did. And then maybe Egyptians. And then maybe Israelites. And then maybe West Africans (but not based on any evidence that a black African went over to America, but mainly on the fact that some statues from an ancient culture in Mexico look a little bit like black Africans). And then maybe Chinese. And then maybe Tunisians. Plus maybe Vikings, Polynesians, Medieval English, Arabs, Irish, Welsh, Romans, Indians and Japanese.

All before Columbus.

Most of the links are considered tenuous, including those between Olmec culture and West Africans.. Don't think that Africa is special in this area - every inhabited continent might have reached America before Columbus.

Plus Ivan Van Sertima's book was "either completely ignored or generally dismissed by anthropologists, historians and other academic professionals." In fact, the whole thing was systematically cut down in an article in the Journal of Current Anthropology. Later, he was said to have been "stringing together bits of carefully selected evidence, each surgically removed from the context that would give it a rational explanation".
Original post by LysFromParis
You started to insult Asian people ... it seems reasonable to label that as aggressive and racist.

I didn't insult Asians. I'm don't even insult whites. What I am saying is that whites often use Asians to excuse black racism. By putting blacks and Asians as polar opposites while putting themselves in the middle as “just right”.

If blacks are cool, then Asians are nerdy (With whites in the middle, as just right)

If black men are stereotyped as having big penises but not much intelligence while Asian men are the other way round. (With whites in the middle, as just right)

If black women are disagreeable, overbearing and loud, then Asian women are sweet, submissive and quiet. (With white women in the middle, as just right)

If blacks are lazy, then Asians are hard working. (With whites in the middle, as just right)

If blacks have a lower IQ than whites, then Asians have a higher one. (With whites in the middle, as just right)

If blacks have a higher poverty rate than whites, then Asians have a lower one.(With whites in the middle, as just right)

If blacks have less education than whites, then Asians have more.(With whites in the middle, as just right)

If black women are “mannish”, then Asian women are “ultra-feminine”. (With white women in the middle, as just right)

See how it works ?

By playing up to Asians as the opposite of blacks, Whites can tell themselves they are not racist while keeping their racist views about blacks untouched by noticing the facts that support their stereotypes and overlook those that do not.

You're just pathetic, I tried discussing with you, but your just puking non sense.
You're not listening what other people say, your just saying the same stuff over and over again not even replying to the point other people raise.

I am listening to what you say but here is the strange thing

I AM DISAGREEING WITH YOU

You know ? Like you can do in a forum of different opinions. But this is one of the issues of being white that you can’t see, being white cuts you off from other people’s views and opinions. Most whites live in virtually all-white neighbourhoods and don't have their views challenged. One can only expect this degree of isolation to lead to a skewed perception of what other races think. After all, if one doesn't know many blacks, or personally witness discrimination, it is all the more likely that one will find the notion of widespread mistreatment hard to digest. Especially when you have been socialized to give more credence to what white people say, than what the racial "other" tells you is true.

So why starting this thread ? White people are devil racist who hide on purpose all the greatness of your nation. End of the story, happy ?

I started this thread because I thought it was good topic starter and it goes to the very core white racist thinking and anytime I have had a debate with a white person or if I point out acts of racism, that they can't really refute, they often come with the "White Inventor Argument" and will try and make out that whites invented everything and created everything then move on to the Race and IQ argument.

See that’s how white people argue

1) White Inventor Argument 2) Race and IQ

Rinse Repeat

1) White Inventor Argument 2) Race and IQ

So I thought I would do a topic on it.

Edit : I don't even understand you seriously. I was neither offensive, neither aggressive until you started to be. Why you started to insult every other "race" ? I tried to tell you that they were cultural bias into play, that foreigner contribution were recognized by all, that your vision of some stuff were oriented by Anglo-Saxon culture and that it was not even share by all "whites". Tell me when I was racist ?

I'm not here to give you an ego-massage. That’s why when I talk to racism with a white person, they have to leave the discussions bothered, troubled, and deeply perturbed. We don’t get a slow, gentle, candy-coated introduction to. Never have. White people shouldn’t get to either. You call me aggressive, impolite and pathetic. You say that I said "white people are devils". You say that I insult every race and then you turn around and say I am the one being offensive (lol). It's YOU doing the name calling, not me.

Edit2 : by the way is there more information about that http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fulani_Empire available somewhere ? I humbly recognize that we are not taught about such things in high school, but to be honest you have to recognize that it's not only towards black people, we are barely only taught about Europe. Should student spend more time learning about foreign civilization while having less time to learn about their own, I don't know.

But that's the whole point of racism. If you are white you don't have to know about anyone who is not white. This is part of the world we live in and part of being in a dominant group. I think every person is part of *some* dominant group. For instance I am an able bodied person. I don't have to know what disabled people go through. I can be very ignorant as to what they need or what they think. This is not me be being nasty, but more because I live in a world built for able bodied people.
Reply 247

With the number of generalisations you make about "white people" I'm surprised you have the gall to accuse others of being racist without exploding with the force of your own hypocrisy.

No white guilt here my man, jog on.
I didn't insult Asians. I'm don't even insult whites. What I am saying is that whites often use Asians to excuse black racism. By putting blacks and Asians as polar opposites while putting themselves in the middle as “just right”.

If blacks are cool, then Asians are nerdy (With whites in the middle, as just right)

If black men are stereotyped as having big penises but not much intelligence while Asian men are the other way round. (With whites in the middle, as just right)

If black women are disagreeable, overbearing and loud, then Asian women are sweet, submissive and quiet. (With white women in the middle, as just right)

If blacks are lazy, then Asians are hard working. (With whites in the middle, as just right)

If blacks have a lower IQ than whites, then Asians have a higher one. (With whites in the middle, as just right)

If blacks have a higher poverty rate than whites, then Asians have a lower one.(With whites in the middle, as just right)

If blacks have less education than whites, then Asians have more.(With whites in the middle, as just right)

If black women are “mannish”, then Asian women are “ultra-feminine”. (With white women in the middle, as just right)

See how it works ?

I actually agree with you on this point :eek: I hadnt really noticed it before.
Reply 249
Original post by Lewroll
I actually agree with you on this point :eek: I hadnt really noticed it before.

Well, if you are referring to East Asians there is 'Rushton's Law of Three':

To anyone familiar with the school of Human Bio-Diversity the elephant left in the living room after all of this talk of the personality differences between Asians and Caucasians is, 'How does this relate to Rushton's Law of Three'. Rushton's amazingly reliable rule is that any important difference (be it physical, mental, developmental, temperamental,or behavioral) that can be found between Asians and Europeans, a similar relationship will most likely be found between Europeans and Africans. Regardless of the correctness of Rushton's theory for explaining this consistent relationship [4], the data he uses to verify the relationship itself is, to quote Frank Miele of Skeptic Magazine, "...replicable".

http://www.gnxp.com/MT2/archives/000519.html
The thing to remember is that many white societies are located where engineering, planning and the like are requirements to survive. In tropical areas, I won't say you can throw a bunch of seeds on the ground and they'll sprout, but I won't say you can't either. So the inventions argument is about reacting to a need. For any argument like this to be sensible you need toc have a test group and a control group, so let's look at black societies and techie need. Egyptians. Nuff said there.

As for IQ, here's a link that suggests IQ has more to do with socioeconomic status than race. Here's another one that posits the view that there are racial variants. It is important to see that the racial variants are very minor, whereas the socio-economic ones are larger. It may be that blacks are in more depressed circumstances and that impacts their IQ, but that is a correlation, not a causal relationship.
Reply 251
Original post by DeathrowTull
The thing to remember is that many white societies are located where engineering, planning and the like are requirements to survive. In tropical areas, I won't say you can throw a bunch of seeds on the ground and they'll sprout, but I won't say you can't either. So the inventions argument is about reacting to a need. For any argument like this to be sensible you need toc have a test group and a control group, so let's look at black societies and techie need. Egyptians. Nuff said there.

As for IQ, here's a link that suggests IQ has more to do with socioeconomic status than race. Here's another one that posits the view that there are racial variants. It is important to see that the racial variants are very minor, whereas the socio-economic ones are larger. It may be that blacks are in more depressed circumstances and that impacts their IQ, but that is a correlation, not a causal relationship.

The first link refers to the Scarr & Weinberg results when the children were aged 7. When re-tested at age 17 the gains had faded.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minnesota_Transracial_Adoption_Study

I think that the best summary of the debate can be found here.

http://www.udel.edu/educ/gottfredson/30years/
Original post by Chi019
The first link refers to the Scarr & Weinberg results when the children were aged 7. When re-tested at age 17 the gains had faded.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minnesota_Transracial_Adoption_Study

I think that the best summary of the debate can be found here.

http://www.udel.edu/educ/gottfredson/30years/

Indeed. This proves that IQ variants are negligible due to a whole host of other factors that comes into play later in life. The variants were tiny anyway, not that that stops them getting rolled out exclusively in support of various "hypotheses".

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending