Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

why are brits unfortunate looking in the looks department? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Here's a little bit of trivia for TSR. One of the below girls is from Venezuela, the other from England. Guess which is which (without doing some internet digging).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abi24)
    Here's a little bit of trivia for TSR. One of the below girls is from Venezuela, the other from England. Guess which is which (without doing some internet digging).

I'll guess it's a trick question, and the one on the right is from Venezuala.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by No Man)
    I still want to know where the multicultural rainbow is that's located elsewhere in Europe.

You still haven't given your opinion about the US either.
    None of that matters. Fact remains the UK is considered ugly. Why is this? You are trying to stupidly go on about the "are they ugly?", not "why are they considered ugly?".

(Original post by CharlieBee_90)
    Not quite. I didn't disagree with the fact that many people regard Brits as ugly, believe me, I know, I've seen enough threads and articles about it. I believe this is what I was trying to get at:

'There are a lot of unattractive people in Britain' is a lot different to 'The british are a bunch of ugly folks anyway'.
    But that quote is untrue thanks to genetics.....
    Again you are trying to go on about "are they ugly?", not "why are they considered ugly?".

ReputationRep:
    Well if they're looking at the horrible chavvy underclass, what do they expect? Of course they're uglier. The rest of us aren't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    None of that matters. Fact remains the UK is considered ugly. Why is this? You are trying to stupidly go on about the "are they ugly?", not "why are they considered ugly?".

But that quote is untrue thanks to genetics.....
    Again you are trying to go on about "are they ugly?", not "why are they considered ugly?".
    Yes, because people in this thread moved from the 'why are they ugly?' argument to the 'are they ugly?' argument before I did. All I was doing was continuing it. Hence why I do not understand why you are singling me out. Or at least it appears you are...

Anyway the quote is clearly true, for if it was not, all British people would be ugly, yet this is not the case.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimbo1234)
    Plenty? I never though anyone would find a 5ft 4' overweight tubbo attractive......

Wow, I never knew that all of England was only London and Birmingham.........:rolleyes:
    Who's 5ft 4 and overweight?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jmzie-Coupe)
    Who's 5ft 4 and overweight?
    The average British girl - 5ft 4 and a size 16 (medically overweight). A truly horrible average for any nation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimbo1234)
    The average British girl - 5ft 4 and a size 16 (medically overweight). A truly horrible average for any nation.
    Well I know very few girls like that, they must all live up north.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, because people in this thread moved from the 'why are they ugly?' argument to the 'are they ugly?' argument before I did. All I was doing was continuing it. Hence why I do not understand why you are singling me out. Or at least it appears you are...

Anyway the quote is clearly true, for if it was not, all British people would be ugly, yet this is not the case.
    Congratulations on doing a great job on avoiding the question.
    You actually did quote OP so you can't use other people as an excuse.
    Going to ever answer the question or keep on digressing? Why do you think foreigners regard Brits as ugly?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abi24)
    The average Venezuelan > the average British and I'm not even hating. One picture is not going to change that.

This thread is a statistician's nightmare.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abi24)
    Spoiler:
    Show

Posting pics of one attractive British girl is only going to show that people think that Britain is generally ugly......which is still bad!
    Something that shows this, thanks to your sig, were many of the contestants for Miss Loughborough, a good 90% were out right ugly, yet still entered a beauty pageant. The same can be said for many of the entries into Miss England. Now we compare them to our next door neighbours (France), and there is such a huge difference as none of the French girls were ugly, and most are very attractive.

(Original post by Jmzie-Coupe)
    Well I know very few girls like that, they must all live up north.
    Aye, many are up North which makes them squat man haters.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    Congratulations on doing a great job on avoiding the question.
    You actually did quote OP so you can't use other people as an excuse.
    Going to ever answer the question or keep on digressing? Why do you think foreigners regard Brits as ugly?
    Because of most of the reasons spoken about in this thread already. But I really couldn't care less about the original question. I was merely replying to the statement made by Tsukuyomi:
    (Original post by Tsukuyomi)
    The british are a bunch of ugly folks anyway
    I also quoted the OP because I misread his comment, which I have already admitted was a mistake and apologised for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RabbitCFH)
    Firstly, old news.
    Secondly, not true at all.

Your mum.

Your dad.

ReputationRep:
    Because of most of the reasons spoken about in this thread already. But I really couldn't care less about the original question. I was merely replying to the statement made by Tsukuyomi:

I also quoted the OP because I misread his comment, which I have already admitted was a mistake and apologised for it.
    Thing is that persons comment is the general view of all foreigners...So instead of having a hissy fit wouldn't it have made a lot more sense to ask why the person thought that? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    Why do you think foreigners regard Brits as ugly?
    I don't know, I'm not an ignorant foreigner.

I still haven't seen a significant number of British people like this (which I saw fairly often in NC).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    Thing is that persons comment is the general view of all foreigners...So instead of having a hissy fit wouldn't it have made a lot more sense to ask why the person thought that? :rolleyes:
    Yes, it would have done. But Tsukuyomi actually did explain why he thought that, and admitted that there were plenty of attractive British people as well. Therefore, I also apologised to him for my message, and thus our disagreement was resolved. It appears, that despite the fact I admitted my mistake and apologised to both people for the aggressive nature of my post, you still have a problem with it. Even though I never actually said anything to you in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by No Man)
    I don't know, I'm not a foreigner.

I still haven't seen a significant number of British people like this (which I saw fairly often in NC).

Wow I see you spent all day thinking of your answer....So mature...:rolleyes:
    Try this for American:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    Wow I see you spent all day thinking of your answer....So mature...:rolleyes:
    Try this for American:
    I don't care enough about your opinions to reply urgently to them.

As I said in a previous thread California, New York, and Southern Florida don't represent America.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticSkills)
    because god hates this country either that or its because we dont get much sunshine :confused:
    This.
    We all look better with a tan, and the reflection off the snow doesn't count :p:
    Also we don't drink nearly as much (water-wise), probably due to the temperatures and generally because water isn't seem as as much of a necessity.
    Water brightens skin and generally makes everything function better.

Oh and we're a massive nation of tea drinkers. Bloody twinings are poisoning us.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, it would have done. But Tsukuyomi actually did explain why he thought that, and admitted that there were plenty of attractive British people as well. Therefore, I also apologised to him for my message, and thus our disagreement was resolved. It appears, that despite the fact I admitted my mistake and apologised to both people for the aggressive nature of my post, you still have a problem with it. Even though I never actually said anything to you in the first place.
    Ah I didn't see you saying that, my bad.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.