Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Confessions of a gamer: Your worst ethically questionable behaviour in computer games Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    :five:

:teehee:
    At least his arms will stay warm :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    -Have played the usual GTA and killed a few people, though I'm fairly gentle compared to a lot of people.
    -In the demo for Defcon, I have launched nuclear bombs on my own cities, killing millions.
    -Just as many people I have locked the butler in the freezer
    -In the Sims 3, I drowned an old Sim by putting them in the pool and putting walls around the pool. Only way to drown them now.

ReputationRep:
    I installed a mod for Fallout 3 that lets you kill the children. I then proceeded to Little Lamplight.

"That's the last time.... you call me..... mungo...."

I believe I had Fawkes with me too. That wasn't a good day for the Lamplighters.

ReputationRep:
    Using melee weapons on dead bodies in fallout then rearranging the dismembered limbs to spell out words.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rich2606)
    Again in Goldeneye threw a proximity mine out the window of Archives so in the ending cutscene Natalya would walk into it and be killed while Bond just stood there and smugly folded his arms
    Ah, I question the level of normality of anyone who didn't do this!
    As a child, there were many occasions in which I'd rage quit after 'accidentally' murdering Natalya in the most creative ways possible. She was bloomin' useless and always got in the way!

After the destruction of an entire Civilization on CivII, I'd change the usual 'Funeral March' theme to 'Ode to Joy' and proceed to do a little jig. Less competition and more resources. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    was participating in a pokemon battle tournament event

i had 4 pokemon left with full health, while the small boy i was competing against - my guess being he was no more than 12 or 13 years old - was on his last pokemon which was frozen status and had red health remaining

i proceeded to switch pokemon for the next 10+ moves to prolong their misery, before trying to finish them off with a powerful but very inaccurate move........which took 4 attempts before a hit was eventually landed. boy was maaaaaaaaaad.

ReputationRep:
    I capture huge monsters and force them into tiny red and white balls only releasing them so that they can do battle and kill one another for my amusment............. Oh wait.

That's what everybody does in that game :pierre:

ReputationRep:
    *Completely destroying the country of venezuela on mercenaries 2
    *waiting until somebodys built and amazing world using forge mode on halo (3 and reach) then destroying it all
    *purposefully putting out a low level pokemon against a level 50+

ReputationRep:
    I steal everything that isn't nailed down in most games.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Verthandi)
    I steal everything that isn't nailed down in most games.
    Same. The world in Morrowind and Oblivion were almost completely empty after about 20 hours of gameplay.

ReputationRep:
    . Leaving Pokemon in a PC box to rot for the rest of eternity. Guess it's like purgatory in there. Meh.

. Locking Lara Croft's Butler in the freezer. He scared me as a child!

. Calling a pokemon a suggestive name so it sounds funny when it does a move e.g. Penis used Harden.

. Using the UMP.45 on Modern Warfare 2. I couldn't wash off the cheap dirty feeling of using such an overpowered weapon...

. Killing EVERYONE in Deus Ex.

. Playing Big Rigs.

ReputationRep:
    I used to have 5 spouses in Fable 2 simultaneously... sadly one of them died in a bandit raid and my child got taken into care. oh and of course the stealing!

I also several times have let my sim in the sims 2 get put into the insanity units because I couldn't help it become undepressed and couldn't afford to fix its problems. this was not on purpose!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [sophie])
    Following the Sims idea:
    Making a pool without a ladder so they drown. You can't do that anymore - in Sims 3, they can get out without a ladder.
    Also, inviting the annoying or ugly neighbours over and getting the cow plant to eat them.

I locked the butler in the walk-in-fridge on Tomb Raider too.
    You can wall them in the pool!!!

ReputationRep:
    I nuked my allies on supcom for lols

edit:

I ALWAYS kill the skooma addicts in Oblivion. Poor souls, I shall free you from your vices!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Einheri)
    Same. The world in Morrowind and Oblivion were almost completely empty after about 20 hours of gameplay.
    Ah, but the items respawn. That's the beauty of it! I get overencumbered by silver crockery every time I play Oblivion it seems...

ReputationRep:
    Euthanised a Cube.

(Sorry if anyone's said this!)

ReputationRep:
    When I used to play command and conquer as a kid, I'd wall tons of my own soldiers in and nuke them. I called it nuke testing.

ReputationRep:
    I spent hours at 4 in the morning drunkenly piling hogtied women in a big heap in Red Dead Redemption. I then got a little bit bored and set them all on fire.

I only felt guilt when I accidentally burnt a horse in the carnage... Pathetic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aljabiraa)
    Euthanised a Cube.

(Sorry if anyone's said this!)
    This is the best answer.

ReputationRep:
    dropping the baby penguin down the cliff on mario 64 muhahahahaha.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 9, 2012
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.