The Student Room Group

Edexcel S2 Exam Paper January 2011 14/01/11

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
Original post by warkan
In that lambda question did u reject H0 because there was sufficient evidence??

Was that the ferry question? If so, I am pretty sure the ferry did improve...
Reply 241
yup the new ferry was better i think..... i got the answer to be <level of significance..

And there were no two tailed tests in this paper. it clearly mentioned us to use single tail test on one of it and the other one had to be single tail test as well..

Did anyone get m=15 for that one question?

Also what about the lasttt questionnnnn?
Reply 242
Original post by aneesh
I couldnt understand the 2nd question one bit :s-smilie:

Was it the multiple choice one ? If it was then u had to use binomial with n=10 and p=0.2 .. and u had to find p(x>= 4) (i tink? ) and that was greater than level of significance ..therefore insufficient evidence to reject h0 and the teachers claim was wrong.
Reply 243
i wrote according to the teachers claim she wud have gotten 2 correct
so did binomial with x as 2 and n = 10 and p =0.4
still got above 0.05 so teachers claim was wrong
or acutally u need to use the theoy from chapter 6 for that. List all the possibilities then find the probabilities of each then u see if the teachers assumption was below 0.05 or not
I verified with my neighbour , hes a nuclear scientist.
Reply 246
I think it was a brilliant paper

First question: Quite easy (Binomial)

Second question: Once you get it, it was quite easy (the teacher's claim is correct meaning that she was guessing the answers. If she was guessing the questions, then the probability of her getting it right would have been more)

Third Question: The only tricky bit was the last question, but you had to use binomial distribution has you had a set number of trials and a probability of success of failure

Fourth Question: Quite easy

Fifth question: Basic C2 and the only bit I couldn't remember was the skewness, but then I realised it was positive

Sixth Question: I got m=15 (I think this was the ferry question)

Seventh Question: Was long, but I got all the aswers right. Although when I worked out P(x>5) I worked out F(x) and then solved it, even though there was a quicker way. But I still got the answer.

The last question, it was a binomial question, using the probability you used in the previous bit of the question

Overall I very good paper, I think it was be about 63/64 for an A
Reply 247
Hey, for the teacher question I put..

X ¬ B(10, p)
Ho:=0.2 H1:>0.2 (There were 10 questions and 5 possible answers for each)

Then x = 4

Tested at x _> 4 with significance 5%.

Then Accept Ho
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 248
Original post by sete
Hey, for the teacher question I put..

X ¬ B(10, p)
Ho:=0.2 H1:&gt;0.2 (There were 10 questions and 5 possible answers for each)

Then x = 4

Tested at x _&gt; 4 with significance 5%.

Then Accept Ho

:yep:
Reply 249
But should H0 be p = 0.4 and H1 be p < 0.4
As the teacher assumes that she guessed
Reply 250
For the first p.d.f, c.d.f question what was the mediann? I got two answers :s-smilie:

Using F(M)= 0.5
Worked through and then got some weird quadratic.

Then for the second p.d.f, c.d.f, working out the P( 5< X < 9) and whatever else was kinda interesting, might have slipped up there, otherwise the paper was pretty gd.
Reply 251
Any idea when the solutions are gonna come out ?
Reply 252
What answer did you get for the very last question in the paper?
so when will unofficial mark scheme be made, some one make it please
Original post by grunny27
Sorry if this post doesn't make sense but I just woke up so I thought I would post.... Those were the two questions I was also not sure about. I did the uniform as a Binomial though as well :smile:! I couldn't think of any other way to work it out and that just seemed right to me.

I thought the MC was a bit odd. I actually did p<0.2 because I thought if she was guessing surely the probability would be less? If she was cheating or something maybe the probability would be more...... It's early in the morning! I got 0.9672 which I didn't think was right so not sure about that one?!

Can't remember if there was a 2 tailed test in the paper?

For the MC question I was totally confused I dint even understand the context:tongue:. I dont actually know how it has to be done but that was what I did:frown: My teacher said it could be done in both ways (< or >) but I still have no idea.
Anyone remembers exact questions???
Let's try to make our own unofficial markscheme:rolleyes:
Reply 256
is it possible for some one to post the solutions?
Reply 257
Original post by cpdavis
:yep:

yeh i did exactly the same, but i got that the teacher's claim was right and that she was guessing? :/
Reply 258
markinggg schemee pleaseee??? s1 MS is already out...:frown:
Original post by cpdavis
I think it was a brilliant paper

First question: Quite easy (Binomial)

Second question: Once you get it, it was quite easy (the teacher's claim is correct meaning that she was guessing the answers. If she was guessing the questions, then the probability of her getting it right would have been more)

Third Question: The only tricky bit was the last question, but you had to use binomial distribution has you had a set number of trials and a probability of success of failure

Fourth Question: Quite easy

Fifth question: Basic C2 and the only bit I couldn't remember was the skewness, but then I realised it was positive

Sixth Question: I got m=15 (I think this was the ferry question)

Seventh Question: Was long, but I got all the aswers right. Although when I worked out P(x>5) I worked out F(x) and then solved it, even though there was a quicker way. But I still got the answer.

The last question, it was a binomial question, using the probability you used in the previous bit of the question

Overall I very good paper, I think it was be about 63/64 for an A

I agree with your answers - how did you manage to remember so many?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending