Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The "What Film Is This?" Thread Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Galaxie)
    Sounds like you could be talking about 'My Girlfriend's Boyfriend'
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092550/
    thank you so much! merci beaucoup xxxxxx

ReputationRep:
    I've actually never posted in this section but I need a bit of help finding the name of a film I've seen the trailer somewhat recently. I haven't had any luck and I thought TSR might be of some assistance.

From what I remember it's a horror or thriller film and the premise is basically a woman who moves into this house and gets a phone call from an older woman who claims it's HER house. She begins to prove it by saying she will write something on the wall in the kitchen pantry asks her to check if the writing is there. I never saw the trailer in full so this is most of what I remember. Allegedly the older woman is in the past and somehow has managed to make a phone call into the future. (stupid, I know).

This is a bit of a long shot but if anyone has seen a similar trailer please let me know.

Apologies for the somewhat incoherent post as I am writing this in a rush.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry no. But it sounds good so now I want to find out. Do you know if the film is new?

that sounds a bit like the film The Lake House which was horrifyingly bad.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Zamolxes)
      I've actually never posted in this section but I need a bit of help finding the name of a film I've seen the trailer somewhat recently. I haven't had any luck and I thought TSR might be of some assistance.

From what I remember it's a horror or thriller film and the premise is basically a woman who moves into this house and gets a phone call from an older woman who claims it's HER house. She begins to prove it by saying she will write something on the wall in the kitchen pantry asks her to check if the writing is there. I never saw the trailer in full so this is most of what I remember. Allegedly the older woman is in the past and somehow has managed to make a phone call into the future. (stupid, I know).

This is a bit of a long shot but if anyone has seen a similar trailer please let me know.

Apologies for the somewhat incoherent post as I am writing this in a rush.
      The Lake House, With Sandra Bullock...Although that isnt a horror film tbh

ReputationRep:
      Yo TSR,

Last week I was abroad, and in the hotel there was a Western film on (as in Wild West), but it was near the end. Basically in the last half hour there were 3 guys playing cards at a table, after that some bandits took two kids hostage and were about to burn alive them on a pyre. All but one of the gangsters was killed by some sniper dude on a cliff (something of an anachronism to have snipers I know). The one gangster who survived escaped on a horse, whilst the sniper guy gave the two kids a ride on his horse back to wherever. Then the lone gangster turned up at the place where the three guys had been playing cards, shoots some old guy with a beard, and then finishes him off by hanging him from his own porch.

It didn't make much sense to me at the time due to the lack of context - but I have a £10 bet with a mate, on whether I can find out what the film was. From the production quality I'd have guessed it was made in the 1980s (or earlier).

Cheers for any suggestions.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by DJ_Black)
      Yo TSR,

Last week I was abroad, and in the hotel there was a Western film on (as in Wild West), but it was near the end. Basically in the last half hour there were 3 guys playing cards at a table, after that some bandits took two kids hostage and were about to burn alive them on a pyre. All but one of the gangsters was killed by some sniper dude on a cliff (something of an anachronism to have snipers I know). The one gangster who survived escaped on a horse, whilst the sniper guy gave the two kids a ride on his horse back to wherever. Then the lone gangster turned up at the place where the three guys had been playing cards, shoots some old guy with a beard, and then finishes him off by hanging him from his own porch.

It didn't make much sense to me at the time due to the lack of context - but I have a £10 bet with a mate, on whether I can find out what the film was. From the production quality I'd have guessed it was made in the 1980s (or earlier).

Cheers for any suggestions.
      I could easily be wrong, though parts of that description bore a significant resemblance to 'Unforgiven';

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0105695/

I haven't seen too many westerns, so I can't offer any other potential suggestions.

ReputationRep:
      I didn't realise my thread had been hijacked in this way but yay for being helpful

ReputationRep:
      Well my memory was a bit fuzzy on the details but I actually found it...it's called The Caller. Thanks for the help guys.

In b4 /closed.

ReputationRep:
      Right, when I was about 7-8 (so like... 1999/2000) I was off school one day and there was this film or show that came on, a cartoon, with like a watercolour/loose kinda style, and it was about chickens.

It was really disturbing! The chickens escape from this battery farm or something, and slowly get killed one by one. I remember they were crossing a road and one of the chickens gets hit by a lorry and all that was left is this red smear on the road and her little scaly legs!!! I seem to remember another one dying in an acid pool or something.

I just want to know what it's called and why it was so disturbing!

ReputationRep:
      :gasp:

What the hell....

ReputationRep:
      "Why chickens cross the road - drug cartel edition"

Could it be an episode of cow and chicken?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by bananaslug77)
      Right, when I was about 7-8 (so like... 1999/2000) I was off school one day and there was this film or show that came on, a cartoon, with like a watercolour/loose kinda style, and it was about chickens.

It was really disturbing! The chickens escape from this battery farm or something, and slowly get killed one by one. I remember they were crossing a road and one of the chickens gets hit by a lorry and all that was left is this red smear on the road and her little scaly legs!!! I seem to remember another one dying in an acid pool or something.

I just want to know what it's called and why it was so disturbing!
      Chicken Run?

ReputationRep:
      Hmmm no I used to watch Cow and Chicken all the time and it wasn't anything like that...

It reminds me of chicken run but it had a really disturbing atmosphere... I remember being extremely traumatised and my mum was out so when she got back she found me crying my eyes out about it haha.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by angelbones)
      :gasp:

What the hell....
      I am sorry if I have subsequently disturbed you with this... :P it's just stuck in my head!

ReputationRep:
      Watership Down 2: The Chickening?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Profesh)
      Watership Down 2: The Chickening?
      hahaha it pretty much was watership down but with lots of chicken death

ReputationRep:
      Why would they air that during day time?

Anyway OP that obviously isn't a show aimed at children. Just compare it to the human centipede or what ever it is you crazy kids are watching these days.
      Then you'll realise it's just another adult show that isn't even that bad when compared to other films/shows.

ReputationRep:
      Chicken Run?

ReputationRep:
      I hope this is a real show 'cause otherwise your mind is warped. :lolwut:

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.