The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

University of Liverpool Accommodation Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
Original post by Blakes!
Hi Guys, I got my room offer in for D&R s/c ensuite block R I think. Was wondering anyone whose got an offer for D&R what are your move in dates? Mine was the 18th but now they've changed it to the 17th, was wondering whether they had done this for anyone else? Cheers :smile: x

I have my room offer for D&R s/c my move in date is the 19th. Do you know what floor you're on? x
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Reply 241
Original post by klloyd20
I have my room offer for D&R s/c my move in date is the 19th. Do you know what floor you're on? x

My move in date was changed to the 17th and I'm 2nd floor :smile: x
Original post by rosheeeny
My move in date was changed to the 17th and I'm 2nd floor :smile: x

I'm a bit worried being on a conditional, having applied for self catered at D&R in March, that I might not get in. For some reason my three choices were all in different places but now I'm convinced its greenbank for me! What do you think of my chances of getting a place in GB? And do you know if I can change my application? x
Reply 243
Original post by swithers1
[

ahh good luck then!!

thank you!! what are you studying?

Physiology!! You?
Reply 244
Original post by jacksmyhero
I'm a bit worried being on a conditional, having applied for self catered at D&R in March, that I might not get in. For some reason my three choices were all in different places but now I'm convinced its greenbank for me! What do you think of my chances of getting a place in GB? And do you know if I can change my application? x

I'm not too sure really, but I think you can change your application on the website. Yeah, I'm on a gap year so was unconditional but I think there's still a good chance you'd get a place at Greenbank! :smile:
Original post by rosheeeny
I'm not too sure really, but I think you can change your application on the website. Yeah, I'm on a gap year so was unconditional but I think there's still a good chance you'd get a place at Greenbank! :smile:

Thanks for the help! I checked the website (which with hindsight I should probably have done in the first place) and as I'm on conditional still I can change my accomodation. I've changed it to Derby & Rathbone s/c ensuite and then shared, and then Dale s/c (Y)
Partly wish i was doing a gap year, damn those tuition fees!
Reply 246
Original post by jacksmyhero
Thanks for the help! I checked the website (which with hindsight I should probably have done in the first place) and as I'm on conditional still I can change my accomodation. I've changed it to Derby & Rathbone s/c ensuite and then shared, and then Dale s/c (Y)
Partly wish i was doing a gap year, damn those tuition fees!

Yay, Derby and Rathbone lol :smile:
I know, it's so annoying! Well I hope you get your first choice! x
Do you guys get accommodation confirmation by email or through the student portal on the Liverpool website? I've stupidly forgotten my USER ID so can't log on so I was just wondering..thanks
Reply 248
Physiology!! You?

law and business! praying i get innn.. best of luck with your exams:smile:
can anyone tell me where most of the medical students tend to live? I'm looking for somewhere self catered and with an ensuite. are there any current liverpool students that can tell me where you'd reccommend and where you wouldn't recommend? thanks.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 250
Original post by hali0112
can anyone tell me where most of the medical students tend to live? I'm looking for somewhere self catered and with an ensuite. are there any current liverpool students that can tell me where you'd reccommend and where you wouldn't recommend? thanks.

Im only a year out of Uni, so I may be able to help.

You're likely to struggle to find Uni halls that are SC En-Suite, there are a few, but as with everything else, they tend to go to those that hold unconditionals.

On the private front:
I'd advise against Liberty Park, as it was so awful I abandoned halls life and went back home.

Ones in the student village (Apollo Court, Arrad House, Cambridge Court, Capital Gate, Larch House) are quite good, and are SC En-Suite, though you are mixed with students from other Unis (not that bad tbh). Myrtle Court is good, and offers parking, and the other things you fancy.

Another one I'd advise against is Grand Central, as it'll drain your student loan as soon as you get.

The compromise choices:
If self-catered is the priority:
You could go for the Campus Halls (Mulberry and Philharmonic), they don't have ensuite, but you'll only have to share with a couple of other people (compared with 2 toilets for 12+ people in halls).

If Ensuite is the priority:
Derby and Rathbone (part of Greenbank site) has a few catered en-suite rooms in H-block (I think), and these are availiable to those with conditionals, as a couple of my mates who held conditional offers were in there in first year

Hope I've helped :smile:
It should also be said that the Uni halls are a fair bit cheaper than Private halls
Original post by DMed
Im only a year out of Uni, so I may be able to help.

You're likely to struggle to find Uni halls that are SC En-Suite, there are a few, but as with everything else, they tend to go to those that hold unconditionals.

On the private front:
I'd advise against Liberty Park, as it was so awful I abandoned halls life and went back home.

Ones in the student village (Apollo Court, Arrad House, Cambridge Court, Capital Gate, Larch House) are quite good, and are SC En-Suite, though you are mixed with students from other Unis (not that bad tbh). Myrtle Court is good, and offers parking, and the other things you fancy.

Another one I'd advise against is Grand Central, as it'll drain your student loan as soon as you get.

The compromise choices:
If self-catered is the priority:
You could go for the Campus Halls (Mulberry and Philharmonic), they don't have ensuite, but you'll only have to share with a couple of other people (compared with 2 toilets for 12+ people in halls).

If Ensuite is the priority:
Derby and Rathbone (part of Greenbank site) has a few catered en-suite rooms in H-block (I think), and these are availiable to those with conditionals, as a couple of my mates who held conditional offers were in there in first year

Hope I've helped :smile:
It should also be said that the Uni halls are a fair bit cheaper than Private halls

thanks so much. :smile: I have an unconditional offer so that should make things a little bit easier. derby and rathbone is one of the ones I was thinking about and also prospect point. not sure which one though. do you know much about those two? which would you recommend?
Reply 252
Original post by hali0112
thanks so much. :smile: I have an unconditional offer so that should make things a little bit easier. derby and rathbone is one of the ones I was thinking about and also prospect point. not sure which one though. do you know much about those two? which would you recommend?

I'd personally go for Derby and Rathbone, there's more facilities there and it's in a much nicer setting.

That said Prospect Point is good if your a medical student, as it's right across the road from the Royal, so finishing placement late at night won't be as much of an issue. However, there is no common room for everyone to use (whereas DnR does have communal facilities, has bars and games rooms for example)
Original post by DMed
I'd personally go for Derby and Rathbone, there's more facilities there and it's in a much nicer setting.

That said Prospect Point is good if your a medical student, as it's right across the road from the Royal, so finishing placement late at night won't be as much of an issue. However, there is no common room for everyone to use (whereas DnR does have communal facilities, has bars and games rooms for example)

thanks so much! I will definitely take that on board :smile:
Awesome I wasnt sure which accomodation to put, but seems like I did good. As Im unconditional Im definately moving into Derby and Rathbone on the 17th. Iv got a s/c and ensuite room. Think Im on the second floor as well. XD Rosheeny we could be sharing a kitchen, and hali0112 come to D&R!!! Although Im not quite a Med student (Vet Med) its close enough. Out of interest why do u want to be with other medics?
Reply 255
Hi this may have been asked already but what do you people think is the best self-catered, shared bathroom halls? Ideally I would want to live somewhere with a sociable atmosphere and close to the city centre and/or the university itself atm i'm thinking of derby and rathbone
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 256
Original post by Baii93
Hi this may have been asked already but what do you people think is the best self-catered, shared bathroom halls? Ideally I would want to live somewhere with a sociable atmosphere and close to the city centre and/or the university itself atm i'm thinking of derby and rathbone

Mulberry Court ticks all your boxes. Some of my mates were in there in first year, and loved it. Think it's one bathroom to five people with a seperate toilet. Plus, they've got huge kitchen/lounges for all your pre-town drinking. Also, it's on the University campus (across the car park from the sports centre), and easily a 10 minute walk into town.

Other option is Philharmonic Court, a bit further out from campus, but still only a five minute walk from the central campus, also slightly less pleasent.

As said above DnR is quite nice, but you need to get a bus to Uni (there's a special bus services, the 699 which takes you right to the heart of the campus), and goes into town of an evening/weekend.
Reply 257
Original post by DMed
Mulberry Court ticks all your boxes. Some of my mates were in there in first year, and loved it. Think it's one bathroom to five people with a seperate toilet. Plus, they've got huge kitchen/lounges for all your pre-town drinking. Also, it's on the University campus (across the car park from the sports centre), and easily a 10 minute walk into town.

Other option is Philharmonic Court, a bit further out from campus, but still only a five minute walk from the central campus, also slightly less pleasent.

As said above DnR is quite nice, but you need to get a bus to Uni (there's a special bus services, the 699 which takes you right to the heart of the campus), and goes into town of an evening/weekend.

thats helpful thank you mulberry court sounds like a good choice
Original post by ShadowWolf
Awesome I wasnt sure which accomodation to put, but seems like I did good. As Im unconditional Im definately moving into Derby and Rathbone on the 17th. Iv got a s/c and ensuite room. Think Im on the second floor as well. XD Rosheeny we could be sharing a kitchen, and hali0112 come to D&R!!! Although Im not quite a Med student (Vet Med) its close enough. Out of interest why do u want to be with other medics?

Hi! :smile: congratulations on the unconditional offer! I don't really mind either way. it sounds like you have all your accomodation sorted. just out of interest, what made you choose derby and rathbone?
Reply 259
Original post by ShadowWolf

Hey yeah we could lol! Do you know your room number? xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending