University of Leeds Accomodation 2011 Watch

This discussion is closed.
emeleh
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by dmz)

Sweeet! How far a walk is it from city centre? haha, nice.

About 10/15 mins along the river Which I always think is quite pretty, albeit a bit dangerous under the influence haha
dmz
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by tea kid)
:ashamed2:

A cane?
and a purple suit?

What course are you doing?

I think we should constantly bend over to touch our toes every 2 steps :cool:

:getmecoat:
dmz
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by emeleh)
About 10/15 mins along the river Which I always think is quite pretty, albeit a bit dangerous under the influence haha
I've seen pictures

haha, can;t swin properly as it is

How much is a weekly pass?
emeleh
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by dmz)
I've seen pictures

haha, can;t swin properly as it is

How much is a weekly pass?
For buses you mean? If yes I have no idea... have never got one as usually we tend to walk, when you've got a group of you walking you don't even notice the journey really!
Or when I do get the bus I get the one that £1.50 for a day ticket so don't feel its necessary to get a weekly pass :P
tea kid
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by dmz)
and a purple suit?

What course are you doing?

I think we should constantly bend over to touch our toes every 2 steps :cool:

:getmecoat:

Constantly scream?

I'm doing Zoology. What accom are you going for?
*too lazy to look back pages*
dmz
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
For buses you mean? If yes I have no idea... have never got one as usually we tend to walk, when you've got a group of you walking you don't even notice the journey really!
Or when I do get the bus I get the one that £1.50 for a day ticket so don't feel its necessary to get a weekly pass :P
yer, that's good news i guess, i walk a lot so i guess that's good, might not need the gym then

Thanks!
dmz
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Constantly scream?

I'm doing Zoology. What accom are you going for?
*too lazy to look back pages*
haha :rofl: scream it is! How regular? what kind pitch we talking about here?

In order of preference : Clarence, Leodis and Bailie. The one with music rooms i was interested in but i'm not that big on music, so it seems a bit....
tea kid
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by dmz)
haha :rofl: scream it is! How regular? what kind pitch we talking about here?

In order of preference : Clarence, Leodis and Bailie. The one with music rooms i was interested in but i'm not that big on music, so it seems a bit....
Thos are my top 3 too, gonna decide on accom day which is the best.

& a gutteral sort of constant moan for the men (cavemen style).
For the ladies; an "omg I just saw a spider" sort of olden day screech, every time they make eye contact with someone :cool:
- Major -
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by PhilosophyIsMyGame)
Haha, i hope people don't think I'm a loner I'm sure there will be other people going alone too! I'm going to James Baillie, Dev Hall, Clarence Dock and i really like Oxley but it seems sooo far away You?
Im hoping i love James Baillie as its my favorite out of them all!
I'm gonna look like such a loner too

(Original post by T-Toe)
Me :sad:
dmz
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Thos are my top 3 too, gonna decide on accom day which is the best.

& a gutteral sort of constant moan for the men (cavemen style).
For the ladies; an "omg I just saw a spider" sort of olden day screech, every time they make eye contact with someone :cool:
sweet! yer, same, I really like clarence dock tho i might have to be up 20minutes earlier but it looks good!!, I'll know for definite after saturday

:rofl: :rofl: LMFAO! Imagine if we went through and you get a lot of random screaming people. That's one way to get less competition for accommodation :laugh:
Ash1ir
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
You don't spend the whole day with the same people so not going to look like a loner to anyone. You just get into different mini buses and coaches in front of the main building.
tea kid
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by dmz)
sweet! yer, same, I really like clarence dock tho i might have to be up 20minutes earlier but it looks good!!, I'll know for definite after saturday

:rofl: :rofl: LMFAO! Imagine if we went through and you get a lot of random screaming people. That's one way to get less competition for accommodation :laugh:
I might be a **** and point out massive flaws in all the accom I like the best to put other people off

I know that after two weeks of getting up early I'd get bored of living far away though...
dmz
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I might be a **** and point out massive flaws in all the accom I like the best to put other people off

I know that after two weeks of getting up early I'd get bored of living far away though...
Haha, being a **** seems the way to go, might have to go for that, Judging from TSR, girls seem to be a lot more interested in Clarence Dock so should have nothing to worry about

I'd get used to it, Leodis is like 15mins walk, Clarence is probably about 20mins on the bus so not much difference, and with the difference in price you can make up the bus fare (that's if you don't want to walk in the first place)
Ash1ir
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Nahh! If we're somewhere in the city centre we just tend to walk! Its not that far especially when your drunk, plus allows for a post drinking mcdonalds haha
If your further afield or lazy just get a taxi Its only like £4/5 for a taxi from the uni to Clarence dock so like a quid each!
Hello, I would really appreciate it if you could put some pictures of your room and the kitchen on here. No worries if you don't want to.
emeleh
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Ash1ir)
Hello, I would really appreciate it if you could put some pictures of your room and the kitchen on here. No worries if you don't want to.
Haha I will see what I can do Although the rooms in Clarence aren't consistent, some are bigger than others! Mine's one of the normal/average sized ones (which to be fair still isn't a bad size), but just worth bearing in mind for when photos arrive!

Same for the kitchens, the colours/furnishings etc vary between blocks and flats!
tea kid
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I CAN'T DECIDE!
Looking at the accom website now
dmz
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Haha I will see what I can do Although the rooms in Clarence aren't consistent, some are bigger than others! Mine's one of the normal/average sized ones (which to be fair still isn't a bad size), but just worth bearing in mind for when photos arrive!

Same for the kitchens, the colours/furnishings etc vary between blocks and flats!
Thanks , and is it like 1 big common room or...
I CAN'T DECIDE!
Looking at the accom website now
I clarence know clarence you'll clarence make clarence the clarence right clarence choice!
emeleh
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by dmz)
Thanks , and is it like 1 big common room or...
Clarence has no common room as such Which is the only let down really! Just a kitchen/diner (think theres probably a pic on the Leeds website..?)
dmz
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Clarence has no common room as such Which is the only let down really! Just a kitchen/diner (think theres probably a pic on the Leeds website..?)
I'm assuming the picture is for the bar then , it does have a bar though right?

where is the supposed tv then? and is the kitchen big enough to hang out in?
emeleh
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by dmz)
I'm assuming the picture is for the bar then , it does have a bar though right?

where is the supposed tv then? and is the kitchen big enough to hang out in?
Yeah that would be the bar Which to be honest you could class as a kind of common room, just for the whole site There is a TV in the bar which shows popular shows (like Inbetweeners when it used to be on, or to be honest anything you request!) and sports matches, but no TV in the actual flats unless you bring your own.

Yesss definitely big enough! Kitchens are the place to be for pre drinking/flat parties
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (443)
37.83%
No - but I will (88)
7.51%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.83%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (560)
47.82%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed