The Student Room Group

Changing your Firm and Insurance **FAQ 2011**

Scroll to see replies

Oh yes! Thank you! Sorry, I'm new here :smile: Thanks.
Reply 241
Original post by littledreams
Oh yes! Thank you! Sorry, I'm new here :smile: Thanks.
That's OK - welcome :biggrin:
Reply 242
Hello

My Firm: Warwick - Conditional (grade 2 in step exam I, II or III)

Insurance: UCL (unconditional)

After speaking with my parents, I decided I want to go to UCL instead. Who should I contact, UCAS, Warwick or all of them?

Thanks
Reply 243
Original post by chronicl3
Hello

My Firm: Warwick - Conditional (grade 2 in step exam I, II or III)

Insurance: UCL (unconditional)

After speaking with my parents, I decided I want to go to UCL instead. Who should I contact, UCAS, Warwick or all of them?

Thanks
All of them, starting with UCL as they need to agree to become your firm. If they do, then talk to Warwick and to UCAS.
Reply 244
Kent or Derby to study Sports?
Derby is a nice place, the one in Kent is at Medway, and i hear its boring and not much there. But then again my mum wants me to go to Kent, as its a higher rank and stuff.
Reply 245
Hey, ive just finished my exams, and i know i definately did bad in sociology lol, so i want to my insurance greenwich to release me, so that if i dont get into portsmouth my first i would be able to go into clearing straight away on results day.
So who would i email or call and what would i say reason is for asking them to let me go and do they have to let me go if i request it?
Reply 246
Original post by sol.man
Hey, ive just finished my exams, and i know i definately did bad in sociology lol, so i want to my insurance greenwich to release me, so that if i dont get into portsmouth my first i would be able to go into clearing straight away on results day.
So who would i email or call and what would i say reason is for asking them to let me go and do they have to let me go if i request it?
Talk to Greenwich and ask them to reject you now. You should be ready to give a reason, but they are unlikely to refuse to do it. If you have any difficulties, get on to UCAS.
Original post by heyhey91
Kent or Derby to study Sports?
Derby is a nice place, the one in Kent is at Medway, and i hear its boring and not much there. But then again my mum wants me to go to Kent, as its a higher rank and stuff.

Derby is also boring, and there's not much there...
Reply 248
Original post by SarahGrace92

Original post by SarahGrace92
Derby is also boring, and there's not much there...

:sheep:

I bet there are more :parrot: than :sheep: in Derby.
Reply 250
Original post by Good bloke

I bet there are more :parrot: than :sheep: in Derby.

I live in Nottingham. All I know about Derby is that it has lots of sheep.
Original post by Juno
I live in Nottingham. All I know about Derby is that it has lots of sheep.

You are obviously thinking of the Rams.
Reply 252

You are obviously thinking of the Rams.

That's actually not what I'm thinking, but it's too rude for TSR. So :eviltongue:
Reply 253
midway through my exams i want to change my university choices from my insurance to one i have already declined. This is because I wont make the grades for my first and insurance choice, but i know for certain I would make the declined choice.

i stupidly aimed too high, and now it's come back in my face. i really want to go to uni this year, and not wait a year out...

the declined choice gave me special mention in the initial letter of acceptance because of my excellent performance at their interview. i declined because i didnt want to move out of london.

regardless of how small my chances are, would it even be possible to ask my declined choice to swap with my insurance, or something along those lines?
Your best bet would be to call the declined university direct and forget about ucas, if they decide to accept you again, ucas would update automatically...

Regardless of how small the chance, there is no harm in trying! Good luck :smile:
You'll go through clearing I'm afraid. Its too late to change your decision.
Original post by hbaderman
midway through my exams i want to change my university choices from my insurance to one i have already declined. This is because I wont make the grades for my first and insurance choice, but i know for certain I would make the declined choice.

i stupidly aimed too high, and now it's come back in my face. i really want to go to uni this year, and not wait a year out...

the declined choice gave me special mention in the initial letter of acceptance because of my excellent performance at their interview. i declined because i didnt want to move out of london.

regardless of how small my chances are, would it even be possible to ask my declined choice to swap with my insurance, or something along those lines?

Yeah you could email them and see what they say, and mention how the reason was that you wanted to move away etc. but personal circumstances have changed and you will have to "stay at home" etc.
Reply 257
so what do you think my chances are?

You need to give UCAS a ring and ask that, if both your current insurance choice and the declined choice you now want agree to the change, could it be actioned. It is possible to swap your firm and insurance via this route, but I'm not sure about choices you've declined. Your declined choice are under no obligation to consider this.

If UCAS say no, then you will have to wait until you hear what your firm and insurance choices say once you've got your results. If neither accept you and you drop into Clearing, then contact your declined choice and discuss your options with them.
so what do you think my chances are?

What uni, and what course? Have you looked in extra? Is it available there? Chances are pretty slim, but you'll get a better reply if you ask them rather than worrying about 'chances' :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest