The 50 hour study week trial - TRY IT- I'LL JOIN YOU! Watch

sulexk
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hello everyone,

I thank you all. You are all motivated, willing, and capable of doing this. I thought this would be a great idea- so that we could all share our thoughts about the work we are doing- to question it when we don't understand it and to get help, but in the process to also realise that we are putting effort into it- which is important. 50 hours sounds fantastic! Give yourself plenty of time to work- donot rush but take it slowly and you will most probably learn with greater understanding- this does not necessarily mean reading around the subject- No. But rather trying to understand what you need to as best as you can. I hope we can keep track of our progress- keep us updated on this thread -don't be shy to say I have spent 6 hours or 3 hours- perhaps you can use this to tell yourself how much time you have spent studying. Who knows if you do more than 50 hours during the week then perhaps on the weekend you can have a stress-free period of study. I hope all goes well for every single person who put their time and effort to want to try and overcome this challenge- All the best to you. But, let us now begin discussing our problems with study, any problem you have in understanding a mathematical principle or question, wanting to know what something actually means or discuss what you need to know about something- just ask!- I am sure you will receive an answer.

All the best to you all! - Ask away and let us know how you are doing throughout the week!

By the way college time is included in the 50 hours- so if you are revising in college whether it be in lesson or otherwise it counts!!

Thank you all!
peachesandcream77
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by cttp_ngaf)
I always preferred quality over quantity, tbh. That approach gave me 8 A* at GCSE (among other grades), straight A's at A-level and a 1st at uni. Plus rapid improvement at basically everything I turn my hand to.

On my way to victory, I cruised past so many people torturing themselves with pointless amounts of useless and inefficient work, proudly comparing how many folder-inches of notes they'd written, and how many days it had been since they slept. Then they'd stagger into the exam, tired, over-worked and damaged, while I just roll up like the gangster that I am, fresh, energised and healthy, highly-trained and in top exam shape.... and then completely dominate them.

But I understand that some people aren't satisfied until they literally kill themselves with work. My main aim was to get the best grades, though, so our goals are probably different.

Hey there, I saw your post and could you give me some tips on efficient revision?
By the time I finish making some notes, I'll only have less than 2 weeks to learn and revise for my AS. Please tell me this is possible, I know I've left things late but there's nothing I can do now, apart from revise!
TurtlesRun7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm in!
RK92
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Lightman123)
Well im just about done today I think I managed around 7 hours total. I might to a little more later but only really an hour or two.. so 43 hours to go alltogether

my text book really annoys me though it was asking for the solution to
(3+cosx)^2 * Dy/Dx = Ysinx given Y = e when X = 0
and I worked it out as 1/3+cosx + 3/4 = lnY but the book got the same equal to just Y.. After some thought I figure theres an error in the book..
theres no need to expand out the brackets at any point
Moyosola
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Bslforever)
You lot are light weights. I thought this was TSR. I do 50 hours a day, that's what got me into med school with my eleventy thousand A*s at A level.
Lol, 50 hours a day? There are 24 hours in a day.:rolleyes:
Moyosola
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm in also! Seeing as I start my exams on the 16th of May. God help me.
RK92
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Moyosola)
oh dear
Moyosola
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by RK92)
oh dear
uh oh, am I wrong?
Mr Inquisitive
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Sure, game on.
Fuzzed_Out
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'll give it a go starting tomorrow.
cttp_ngaf
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by peachesandcream77)
Hey there, I saw your post and could you give me some tips on efficient revision?
By the time I finish making some notes, I'll only have less than 2 weeks to learn and revise for my AS. Please tell me this is possible, I know I've left things late but there's nothing I can do now, apart from revise!
Hey there, I saw your post, too!

lol, two weeks? Chill, Winston. I usually started work for a set of 3-4 uni exams about 10-14 days out, and each of those had about as much content as an A-level or something.

First of all you need to relax and go to bed, 11pm is quite late enough. You need to get your body and mind healthy so that it can smoothly absorb the nonsense you'll soon be cramming into it. I'll reply tomorrow with some specific techniques and stuff that worked for me, but for now just relax and go to bed.
Bslforever
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Moyosola)
I suppose you're going to tell me that eleventy thousand isn't a real number too?
Bi0logical
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Tues-Fri = 4hr college and 5hr home
Sat= 5hr
Sun=5hrs
That will be 46 hours.

Done 3hours today, i will do 30 minutes now.
Bring the week on!
Pn94
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
As if anyone is actually going to do this.
i.dude
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
i shall give it ago. no harm in tryin!!!
Moyosola
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Bslforever)
I suppose you're going to tell me that eleventy thousand isn't a real number too?
haha, well well..
Moyosola
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

lol, two weeks? Chill, Winston. I usually started work for a set of 3-4 uni exams about 10-14 days out, and each of those had about as much content as an A-level or something.

First of all you need to relax and go to bed, 11pm is quite late enough. You need to get your body and mind healthy so that it can smoothly absorb the nonsense you'll soon be cramming into it. I'll reply tomorrow with some specific techniques and stuff that worked for me, but for now just relax and go to bed.
Hi, I'd be grateful if you shared some techniques with me too. Thanks.
peachesandcream77
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

Lock, Stock and Two smoking barrels haha. Nice.
I realised I only have 11 days. Here is where I'd insert a swear word but then I'd probably get banned. Okay, thanks, good idea. I'm going to sleep now, but please message me or whatever tips. You're the best.
Dizzy94
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by sulexk)
Most certainly!

I'll include you in the list.
im not on the list and i already joined
ju1c
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Im going to get myself together and do this. - Add me to the list!

Anybody still finishing off their last bit of notes before they recap or am I the only one still making notes?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (124)
39.62%
No - but I will (17)
5.43%
No - I don't want to (20)
6.39%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (152)
48.56%

Watched Threads